Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have any passions?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelungs

Art, food and football.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭pache

Sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Elba101 wrote: »
    ... but something in your life you actually love doing...

Motorbikes!!! I love riding them, I love going to bike shows, I love going to bike racing.... I've loved it for years! The noise, the smell, the adrenaline rush. You can't beat it!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Yeah I don't have any either :/ I kinda have some interests,but i'm not that passionate about any one thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

Reading, music, football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

Yeah I don't have any either :/ I kinda have some interests,but i'm not that passionate about any one thing

Yeah it's really annoying!! I'm determined to find somthing. I will do one new thing a each month until I find something that really motivates me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Flight Simulator X and Napoleonic Wargaming, but not at the same time.

Real world flying too...cash permitting.

Stork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Elba101 wrote: »
    Yeah it's really annoying!! I'm determined to find somthing. I will do one new thing a each month until I find something that really motivates me.

What have you tried so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

I absolutely love baking, definitely want to make a career out of it someday. I also love running, something I never thought I'd be able to do, let alone love doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

Yankin' meself off around the clock. Because I'm not gettin' any proper sex with girls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭howsyourtusk

Being around other people, it's what life is all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 MellowToast

Programming...

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Books - reading them, talking about them, and writing about them.
    Movies - watching them, talking about them, and writing about them.

They don't seem like hobbies, but both consume a lot of my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

Reading and watching the Big Bang Theory! :P

I think passions are really important to have. I know this is a generalisation, but it is something I have noticed personally, that a lot of people who are overly into drugs or alcohol seem to have no hobbies or passions, it's like they have nothing they value enough to stay sober or to occupy their minds sober.

I don't think television like soaps etc counts because it's fairly passive and doesn't exactly require a lot of passions. I know a lot of film buffs though and I think that counts as a passion.

Reading and watching the Big Bang Theory! :P

I think passions are really important to have. I know this is a generalisation, but it is something I have noticed personally, that a lot of people who are overly into drugs or alcohol seem to have no hobbies or passions, it's like they have nothing they value enough to stay sober or to occupy their minds sober.

I don't think television like soaps etc counts because it's fairly passive and doesn't exactly require a lot of passion. I know a lot of film buffs though and I think that counts as a passion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I have a habit of learning a skill, conquering it to the best of my abilities and moving on.

But the one passion I'll never grow out of is playing guitar and singing. I can keep myself occupied for hours. Only in private though. Cant bear doing it in front of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

None
    I am a cold fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Music and criticising people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Cars: Can spend up to 8 hours cleaning my car, or spend countless hours on donedeal, carzone looking at them. Would love to know more mechanically though.

Films: Nothing better than loosing yourself in a film, films anyday over tv for me.

Arsenal F.C :D and football in general

Tattoos: Love them love gettting them done its an addiction, also love admiring other peoples tattoos and artists portfolios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

And nobody's said fapping yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Music, comedy, science and getting ****faced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 lizzybradbury

Horses - When I don't get to ride it feels like some part of me is missing.

Writing - I always have ideas for storylines floating in my head wherever I am, whatever I see that inspires me and whatever people talk about. I write in pretty much ALL my free time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 lizzybradbury

P.S. Your passion IS something that interests you but in more a consuming way and usually something which takes determination and love to do....

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fundlebundle

I have lots of interests and hobbies but if I think about it I don't know if I can call myself passionate about anything.
    I suppose I would go mad if I couldn't read or run anymore. But I just don't feel strongly about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mickey Lover

Baking cakes and shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Baking cakes and shopping

With that username and them hobbys, either you are the gayest man in Ireland or every mans dream woman :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Cycling, Gardening, Cooking...and watching football matches :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Hula Hoop, I'm organising the first ever Irish (Hula) Hoop Convention, in April, passionate, yeah, obsessive . . . probably :D

curlzy wrote: »
    Hula Hoop, I'm organising the first ever Irish (Hula) Hoop Convention, in April, passionate, yeah, obsessive . . . probably :D

I love hula hooping! I have an aerobics one because I want abs of steel :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

Listening/playing music/ guitar, cooking, rock climbing, travelling

Advertisement