Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I ordered

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's kinda like.. refreshers or something
    the sweets.
    it's a mixed fruit, but with a.... sherbert kinda vibe

absolutely delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

it's kinda like.. refreshers or something
    the sweets.
    it's a mixed fruit, but with a.... sherbert kinda vibe

absolutely delicious

I must try that sometime sounds nice i was thinking before you said it was fruity that it might smell and taste like stinky shrimp..

Ordered the Throathit Twin 18650 Variable Mod a couple of days ago direct from Throathit on UKvapers. Its going to take a couple of weeks to arrive as there is a waiting list but can't wait to get it! It plugs straight into the wall to charge similar to mobile phone charging and am also getting car charger with it which will be very handy.

It has great reviews and Throathit describes it as follows: This is a monster variable mod that runs between 3 and 5.8 volts. It is powerd by two AW IMR 18650 safe chemistry cells which are housed in a fully protected cell holder this prevents over charging over discharging shorts and limits the current to 5 amps max. This adds a second level of protection to allready safe cells. The need to remove the cells to charge has been overcome by using a smart charger which simply plugs in like a mobile phone and charges the cell onboard the mod. You can also vape and charge at the same time. This mod will run for a stupid length of time between charges. Two day plus with heavy use. The switching converter which controlls voltage is over 90% efficient so does not get hot and wastes little power it is also protected from shorts and high temprature in its own right. The case is semi matt textured aluminiun and bomb proof. Included in the kit are the mod cells and smart charger for 80 quid. As allways if you do not like it after buying you can send it back for a full refund.

The one I'm getting will have the top part modified to enable use with the Arry4 tank. http://ukvapers.com/topic/4828-throathit-twin-18650-variable-mod/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

That looks and sounds like a very classy device....I'd be looking for something a little smaller to carry around!

The 5amp limit is nice, and the stupidly long battery life is also something which I'd love! :-)

eeloe wrote: »
    That looks and sounds like a very classy device....I'd be looking for something a little smaller to carry around!

The 5amp limit is nice, and the stupidly long battery life is also something which I'd love! :-)

Its probably a bit big to bring around al-right, Ill probably use it exclusively at home and in the car and keep the LT as a backup. It kind of looks like a walkie talkie as well so might get away with it while I'm doing the shopping ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

newmark wrote: »
    Ordered the Throathit Twin 18650 Variable Mod a couple of days ago direct from Throathit on UKvapers. Its going to take a couple of weeks to arrive as there is a waiting list but can't wait to get it! It plugs straight into the wall to charge similar to mobile phone charging and am also getting car charger with it which will be very handy.

It has great reviews and Throathit describes it as follows: This is a monster variable mod that runs between 3 and 5.8 volts. It is powerd by two AW IMR 18650 safe chemistry cells which are housed in a fully protected cell holder this prevents over charging over discharging shorts and limits the current to 5 amps max. This adds a second level of protection to allready safe cells. The need to remove the cells to charge has been overcome by using a smart charger which simply plugs in like a mobile phone and charges the cell onboard the mod. You can also vape and charge at the same time. This mod will run for a stupid length of time between charges. Two day plus with heavy use. The switching converter which controlls voltage is over 90% efficient so does not get hot and wastes little power it is also protected from shorts and high temprature in its own right. The case is semi matt textured aluminiun and bomb proof. Included in the kit are the mod cells and smart charger for 80 quid. As allways if you do not like it after buying you can send it back for a full refund.

The one I'm getting will have the top part modified to enable use with the Arry4 tank. http://ukvapers.com/topic/4828-throathit-twin-18650-variable-mod/

Was gonna buy one of these a while back, ya never see these for sale in the classifieds on UKVapers.

Would definitely get one if going the box mod route again, even reading his description gives you a peace of mind regarding the charging and all that carry on.

Are you getting the LED screen positioned in the middle as well?

Gets a good mention here too..
    http://ukvapers.com/blog/100/entry-375-battery-performance-results/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

newmark, I'm mad jealous, that looks like a super mod. Wish it wasn't this time of year and I had cash to spare.
    Just got some Flu Cured juice and DCC's myself. Finding the DC Tank great and with the thingamabob on the battery can use the reg DCC no bother. Cut a hole and they work great. No need to get the flanged ones.
    This is the thingymabob; http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/smoktech-dct-ego-thread-cover/prod_239.html

Tommy, GREAT find that, i always thought they would serve more or a porpose than just covering the threads, great to know they can be used as a holder for the tank for when using non Flanged DCCs!

Tommy, GREAT find that, i always thought they would serve more or a porpose than just covering the threads, great to know they can be used as a holder for the tank for when using non Flanged DCCs!

Yeah the tank sit at the right hight, level? for the cart and it looks the biz with an ego batt and the small tank.

derra wrote: »
    Was gonna buy one of these a while back, ya never see these for sale in the classifieds on UKVapers.

Would definitely get one if going the box mod route again, even reading his description gives you a peace of mind regarding the charging and all that carry on.

Are you getting the LED screen positioned in the middle as well?

Gets a good mention here too..
    http://ukvapers.com/blog/100/entry-375-battery-performance-results/

Yes the LED will be in the middle and the dial will be one one side and the 510 connection on the other side of it.

• Advertisement

tommy2bad wrote: »
    newmark, I'm mad jealous, that looks like a super mod. Wish it wasn't this time of year and I had cash to spare.
    Just got some Flu Cured juice and DCC's myself. Finding the DC Tank great and with the thingamabob on the battery can use the reg DCC no bother. Cut a hole and they work great. No need to get the flanged ones.
    This is the thingymabob; http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/smoktech-dct-ego-thread-cover/prod_239.html

You just gave me great idea for my puff tank as I have one of them thingymaboby yolks as well and i've spilled juice a few times. it might hold better with that thanks.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

50ml Menthol
    5 X Bodge 3ohms
    Dual Coil LR ECHOmizer for eGo

Those Echo Mizers are great, apart from the stupid whistle tip they are supplied with!

I'd use them more often if i could manage to get a drip tip to fit em!

My health cabin order arrived this evening....

Delighted...thought it was too good to be true price wise...

But anyway, should I steep the Dekang juices? Some of them are nice, but a couple of them taste nothing like they are supposed to?

My health cabin order arrived this evening....

Too lazy to trawl the thread so how long did they take to get to you?
    You could leave the cap off to let the juice breath for a night, it works for the pound shop perfume taste that juice sometimes has. Not always though.

Yeah the butterscotch has a very strong chemical taste, doesn't taste at all like the worthers original sweets I thought it'd taste like.

Eh, I paid for the order last Tuesday evening, and it was shipped on Wednesday, landed today, so 6 working days.

That was by paying the fast shipping option, which was roughly twice the price of the slow shipping.

I got a reasonably small box, with 25cartos, over 200ml of juice, and a couple of drip tips. Shipping was roughly $30

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

Those Echo Mizers are great, apart from the stupid whistle tip they are supplied with!

I'd use them more often if i could manage to get a drip tip to fit em!

Find the flavour great but the draw very light.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

I ordered a load of stuff from vapourzone to get me started in mixing my own ry4.

Finally taking the plunge in to VV Vaping....

Lavatube should be here Wednesday morning hopefully! :-)

• Advertisement

where did you order from that youll get it that fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm considering a decent sized Flavourart order. Any other major alternatives these days for DIYers?

inawera.com are good
    libertyflights have decadentvapers and perfumers apprentice stuff

where did you order from that youll get it that fast?

Sorry only spotted this now, was on the phone last night and must have missed it!

Picked it up off here, from Newmark :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I ordered an eGo Varivolt battery from Bestecig.ie.
    3.2 - 4.2V range.
    It will give me some experience of voltage effects anyway.

I was always interested in trying one of them VV eGo batteries, never got around to it, be interesting to see how it goes for you Mr Green!

Yeah, looking forward to it alright. I've read some reviews on it and the functionality seems to be good on it but the build quality not so good. Certainly worth a punt for 17 Euro anyway.

just ordered 30ml of liqua french pipe and 10ml each of american tobacco/turkish and traditional

Vision eGo and Blathnad e-juice.

Wanted to try a different juice than my normal Liqua ones so said that I'd give it a try. Clearomisers have never worked out for me at all but this design is supposed to be better.

• Advertisement

be interested to hear what the blathnad is like, wasn't willing to spend the money to find out myself :)

i had such high hopes for the stardusts but the one I got just did nothing for me. higher than 3.7v very common burnt taste, under 3.7v sod all vapour and muted flavour. just gave up on them after a day

Advertisement