Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you where to drink a can of red bull every hour, how long could you stay awake?

Options
  • 19-03-2012 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Or it's equivalent. There is 80MG of caffeine in a can of red bull.

How long do you guys think a person could stay awake and alert if you were to drink a can every hour?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

How long do you guys think a person could stay awake and alert if you were to drink a can every hour?

I'd be more worried about how long you could stay alive, to be honest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull#Health_effects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

Agree with Joe Soap. I've only ever done the voddy n red bull session once but remember my heart pounding when I eventually got to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

Dammit Joe, I was going to post that when I first saw this thread!
    Now I'm on it and have nothing else to do but reply to your comment because I don't want to waste time.

D: My life is interesting.

An0n wrote: »
    Dammit Joe, I was going to post that when I first saw this thread!
    Now I'm on it and have nothing else to do but reply to your comment because I don't want to waste time.

D: My life is interesting.

Always good to have people ready to back me up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

you'd actually sleep.... your liver and pancreas would be so shot to pieces that type 2 diabetes would kick in rendering you into a coma and possibly death

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I'd be terrified of the outcome. My fella loves his energy drinks but they never seem to have any effect on him. If he wants to go asleep he can easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Gott

I work night shifts and in the beginning before I got used to the disruptions I drank Red Bull to stay awake.

It feels terrible, like you're artificially awake, not fully alert either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Someone I know drank 3 litre bottles of boost over 24 hours to stay awake, he ended up puking blood.

This is such a weird thread, it just keeps getting resurrected!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

When I was on holidays when I was 22 I drank vodka and red bull the 2 weeks I was there. It didn't make me sick but I genuinly couldn't remember sleeping much. The 1 night I didn't go out and went to bed I slept for like 16 hours and woke up with my eyes stuck together with that gucky stuff you get when your really tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

A girl I know who has a history of heart conditions in her family has at least a can every day. Muppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

The results of a study showed that the ingestion of one, 250mL can of sugar-free Red Bull, in a sample of 30 healthy young adults, had an immediate detrimental effect on both endothelial function, and normal blood coagulation. This temporarily raised the cardiovascular risk in these individuals to a level comparable to that of an individual with established coronary artery disease.

Yikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

A few years ago myself and my brother (him bidding on a car interior on ebay and not reading the t&cs that it could only be collected in person....in Dartford in London!) got a ferry after work on a friday, met in Portlaoise, drove to Rosslare, didn't sleep on the boat, landed in Pembroke at 1am, he drove to Dartford, got there at about 10 past 7, loaded up and were gone by 8am, back to the ferry at half 2. In that time my brother had drank 7 cans of Red Bull and he was physically shaking on the ferry back. Couldn't sleep etc. I rarely touch the stuff since.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

I can recall drinking 2 litres of Boost in one night without it harming me or causing any effects to my body, everyone has a different threshold maybe?

Shane.C wrote: »
    I can recall drinking 2 litres of Boost in one night without it harming me or causing any effects to my body, everyone has a different threshold maybe?

You don't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 thequieterone

i think the stuff is lethal, only ever have it once on its own. didnt like it but before that have had it with vodka, rarely get bad hangovers, but i could have one vodka redbull and i'm sick as a dog next day.
    One night last year, i was drinking it with friend (stupidly) worst night.. dont remember leaving club at all, and thats never happened before. in bits for 2 days after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

I'll tell you a little story about redbull!

Way back when I was only a young one, I was in college. I partied til the cows came home in college, and then i partied with the cows! Non stop all year, I was on fire.
    As you can imagine, this posed a problem once exam time rolled around. Not a bother, said I, as I knew as long as I had a good sturdy supply of redbull, I would make good tracks on an entire terms work in the all nighter I was planning on pulling.

I started with the redbull shots, I think I might have had two, really get me started, focus me. It was still early enough in the night, when I said, god I really need a can. So, I repeated this process until about 5am. I had drank about 4 shots and im guessing 6 or 7 cans.

I couldn't concentrate, I had the shakes. I might as well been rollin on drugs, for the state I was in. At that time, I thought I needed to go to bed, and as I lay there, my head spinning, I couldnt sleep, couldn't even close my eyes. Eventually I fell asleep, after what seemed like forever, and woke up about an hour and a half before my exam. I was in BITS! sweating, puking, dizzy, feeling faint. I was not myself at all. Did I make the exam? Not at all.

I wouldn't touch red bull again if my life depended on it, wouldnt even put it in vodka. Its absolutely dangerous,lethal. Its only a matter of time before someone croaks on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 thequieterone

i'm almost sure there has been but it's been hidden (i dont know) or else not fully proven. bad bad stuff.
    that sucks about exam.. my friend used do that, we stayed up till 4/5 some nights before exams studying, her on equiv of redbull and me on coke (the drink) .. she'd be shaking later that day, i'd just hit a slump in evening and go sleep .

Advertisement