Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newbie needs help please

Options
  • 17-03-2012 5:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

ok im still new to vaping, i got my first kit about 3 weeks ago...its an egoT 1000mah kit, it was great to begin with, it got me off the dirty cigarettes so im happy...but lets be honest they aren't the best things in the world, the LR atomizer was great in the beginning but now its gone mad and evrytime i try to use it it literally burns the lungs clean out of me :( so iv been researching these dual coil carto tanks but read alot that the dual coil is too powerful for the ego battery?:confused: its the dct on liberty flights that i was looking into trying, so could anyone please give me some advice? i like the idea of the carto tank, it looks easy...fill the tank and off ye go, any wise words from anyone to help me in my struggles? thank you :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

giblin99 wrote: »
    ok im still new to vaping, i got my first kit about 3 weeks ago...its an egoT 1000mah kit, it was great to begin with, it got me off the dirty cigarettes so im happy...but lets be honest they aren't the best things in the world, the LR atomizer was great in the beginning but now its gone mad and evrytime i try to use it it literally burns the lungs clean out of me :( so iv been researching these dual coil carto tanks but read alot that the dual coil is too powerful for the ego battery?:confused: its the dct on liberty flights that i was looking into trying, so could anyone please give me some advice? i like the idea of the carto tank, it looks easy...fill the tank and off ye go, any wise words from anyone to help me in my struggles? thank you :)

If you want a cheap fix www.irishvapers.ie are selling an ego-t atomiser made by Biansi for €8 which uses and comes with the biansi tank and in my opinion it is far superior to the ego tank system and has a great draw lots of vapour etc.. I cant link it now as they are down for maintenance at the moment but you wouldn't get it until next Wednesday anyway if ordering by post.

The DCT does fit the ego battery but you need to buy a 510 to 510 adapter for it to fit it.. IV have the adapters in stock and you can get a DCT tank here http://e-cigshop.eu/SMOK-dual-coil-cartomiser The only thing about the DCT tank system is it might not be ideal for carrying around in your pocket or going to the pub with as it looks like a crack pipe where the one I mentioned above is nice and tidy and as far as I've experienced with it no leaking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

umm
    have you tried changing the ego-t atomiser?
    or is every atomiser you try giving the same problem, might need to buy some new ones

http://e-cigshop.eu/e-cig-components-spare-parts/eGo-C-Atomizer

these are ego-c atties, somewhat repairable. you get the body and the base and 5 atomiser heads. so when you notice one going you just replace it and throw the old one away. supposedly they are great for flavour/vapour .. lot of people here raving about them. they use the same tanks as the ego-t A types too apparently, so if you already have some of them .. might be an option

some dual coils are too powerful for ego batteries, but generally you'll find the 1.5-1.7 ohm ones on sites. I think in america it's different, so thats prob where you read they weren't suited? *shrug*
    loads of people use dual coils on their egos anyway, that's what I used for a long time. just make sure you dont order the 2.5ohm versions, as itll be like sucking on a lollipop for all the good it will do you.

http://e-cigshop.eu/SMOK-dual-coil-cartomiser
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/cat_37.html

both these places have the dual coil tanks, be a lot quicker than waiting for an order from the uk. to be honest I'd order a few tankless cartomisers first.. try them out for a few weeks before you take the plunge on a tank system. they're not really that much hassle, but there can be a bit of fiddling involved with them.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/dual-coil-lr-xl-cartomizer/prod_196.html

just order 2-3 of these ty start off with and see if you like cartomisers
    , they are the same one's you would get in the Dual coil tank (although you cant use them in a tank because they don't have the special flanged bottom) so you'll get an idea for flavour/vapour.

alternatively
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/510-xl-lr-empty-cartomiser/prod_227.html

boges are a bit better in terms of flavour imo, but not as warm a vapour on an ego battery (they are 2 ohm, to the dual coils 1.5ohm). still good vapour. they also dont take as much juice as a dual coil so have to be refilled a bit more often, not that big a deal if you do end up going for the tank system.

however, the only place to get tanks (well, the best and affordable tanks) for a boge carto are
    http://www.parkesvaping.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=82_60&product_id=107
    2.50 dollars for replacement 2ohm cartos, not too bad. and delivery from them is pretty cheap, takes about a week to get to Ireland

or http://momandpopvaporshop.com/tanks/
    the mini sub tank with boge 2ohm. possibly a little simpler to use (and a little more expensive) than the chibi tank, as it hhas a hole in the tank you can stick your needle into to refill. both chibi and mini-sub tanks are very well reviewed and to be honest the chibi isn't a lot of hassle, it takes a minute to slowly fill it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 giblin99

woah ha thanks for all the helpful info :D i'll go through all these links and have a look at everything, no i havn't tried a new atomizer...im sure thats all it is but i just think seeing as its broke id rather try out something different so i can figure out what i like most :D i never imagined there would be so many options in this vaping world ha it can be hard to choose :p thanks again for the help and happy paddys day :D

actually another question :p how long do cartomizer generally last? looking at how cheap they are i can't imagine they last all to long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

actually another question :p how long do cartomizer generally last? looking at how cheap they are i can't imagine they last all to long?

Quite a long time believe it or not. If kept moist they will last well in excess of a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Yeah about a week for the DCC. Its as much about volume as time and not letting them burn the filler. Keep em wet and you'll get about 20ml through em.

ah thats alot better than i expected :D i may get ordering stuff soon my second egoT atty seems to be dying too :mad:

ok guys im planning on ordering a mini sub but im confused do i need an adaptor to fit my ego battery? or is that only for the smoktech tanks to fit? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Megastar

I bought the DCT from TBS and it doesn't need an adaptor but there's an attachment you can add to hide the screw threads
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/smoktech-510-dct-6ml/prod_236.html
    The thread cover is listed below it.

Edit: ego batteries have a 510 connector so yes, the mini sub will fit without an adaptor.

cheers:D gonna order in a mini sub from the states but seeing as it could take a while im gonna order some dual coil cartomizers from TBS to keep me going :D

• Advertisement

make sure you get boge 2ohm cartomisers when you ge the mini sub, if you're going to be using it on an ego battery

ah ye i know that now thanks :) that was part of my main concern with a carto tank i didnt know which ones would suit my batterys, thanks for your help:D

ok im lost...i just received a few dual coil cartos that i ordered from TBS, i've never used these before and i think i just fcuked one up already, its leaking through the battery end and has a horrible burnt taste off it, i thought the burnt taste meant not enough liquid? but when i add more it pours straight out the bottom? have i made a mess of this carto? any advice so i dont make a balls of another one...thanks

When filling, make sure that you drip down the side into the filler. Not down the centre hole. It will take a lot if drops, maybe 40 or so.

I done that, i used a syringe and measured around 1.8ml and dripped it around the filler, it just has a horrible burn taste off it, I'm using a usa mix juice i got from TBS too, i've never tried it before...maybe it's the problem? or just a bad carto?

you gotta be careful when you use the syringe ,you can disturb the filler and create pockets where there's no filler or some ****. can cause burnt taste

just use the condom method or drip in from the top

you ca get burnt taste with liquid in it, if you turn it initially cos ther wasnt enough liquid.. if you follow. once you get a burnt taste, you cant get rid of it

ok so more than likely this carto is fit for the bin? how long do you reckon the carto should be left after filling before using it?

yeah once you get burnt taste, toss it

it depends on the thickness of the juice and the method you fill it. your juices likely wont be thick enough to need a huge long wait.
    if you condom fill (with a dual coil this will take 2 or 3 condoms) you should be good to go after just a minute or so, if you're dripping in from the top (into a dry carto, first fill) then youd want to leave it a couple of minutes and then drop another 2-3 couple of drops in.

it can be kinda frustrating at first, but after using them for a while you'll get a feel for when it's just about full or when it needs filling

I usually drip slowly, taking care not to get any in the centre hole, until it starts to drip through the bottom. Wipe off, put tip on and gently blow through the tip with a tissue at other end. I just vape straight away then. Probably better to leave for a few minutes but should be pretty much ready to go then.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

What I do fill a brand new carto, I add a couple of drops, and in the words of Grimm Green, 'shake it like a thermometer' until the drops have worked their way into the filler.

And keep doing that till its full, add another 2 drops, and vape!

• Advertisement

ok well i managed to fill one and it doesn't have the horrible burnt taste...but the juice itself is horrible ha back to the drawing board trying to find a nice tobacco juice :p

Ran out of DCC's for the tank so had a go at cutting a hole in a long LR boge, bad idea, used a dremmil and burned the filler. Burned taste bad. Filled the next one first and the juice prevented the burning.
    I fill cartos by putting juice in the long condom till its about 3/4 way up. Then slowly push the carto down, leave it a minute and top off from the top. Never got a burned one before unless I let it dry out.

ok well i managed to fill one and it doesn't have the horrible burnt taste...but the juice itself is horrible ha back to the drawing board trying to find a nice tobacco juice :p

juices are kinda the hardest thing :) its hard to know what someone will like

im vaping some of the liqua french pipe tobacco atm and I love it. it's 4 euro I think for 10ml from the bestshop

irishvapers.ie have some diferent juice, whitelabel stuff. the cullann i've tried and it is incredible. real lovely flavour. not exactly tobacco, but tobacco with a couple of other flavours.. it's real nice.

have a look in the "where to buy" thread and look at some of the irish suppliers, see if any of the juices there take your fancy or have a look through the "quicikj liquid reviews" thread for reccomendations.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Ran out of DCC's for the tank so had a go at cutting a hole in a long LR boge, bad idea, used a dremmil and burned the filler. Burned taste bad. Filled the next one first and the juice prevented the burning.
    I fill cartos by putting juice in the long condom till its about 3/4 way up. Then slowly push the carto down, leave it a minute and top off from the top. Never got a burned one before unless I let it dry out.

you burned the filler with the dremill?

ye finding the right juice is my main thing :) i've used the gold and silver (B+H) liquid and quite liked it but it but fancied trying out more stuff so bought this usa (marlboro) and not too fond of it ha i have an american blend menthol juice coming with my mini sub so hopefully i like that but with so much out there i suppose we could go forever trying new stuff :D

but with so much out there i suppose we could go forever trying new stuff :D

yeah that does tend to be the way it works, unless you're one of the lucky ones with self control :)

haha trust me im not one of the lucky ones :p il be forever buying new stuff...beats the fags tho :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Exactly, I mean allow yourself a couple of months to try the juices you want, and then try and stick to a couple and bulk buy then so ya have a bit built up so ya don't have to get an order every week.

I've pretty much exhausted the dekang and liquia range, so next month i'm gonna look in to other ranges from the UK and the US.

I'm hoping that by mid summer I'll have a tank I like, a device/PV I like, and a stock pile of maybe 6 juices I can alternate between so I don't get bored of flavours too quickly.

thats a good plan:) it can be a bit scary in the start tho trying to figure out what parts are compatable etc. but with the help of everyone here thankfully im learning :D

• Advertisement

you burned the filler with the dremill?

Yep, the cutting produces heat and well fekd up the filler. Hard to judge the size of hole too 'cos your cutting across the tube. Gona have to get a sadle punch thing if I keep using the unpunched cartos, 50cents for a hole is a bit much over time it's 1 in 4 cartos.

Advertisement