Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exploding Head Syndrome (EHS)

Options
  • 15-03-2012 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else on here experience this? I've had it for the last few years, go through phases where it happens regularly, then it won't happen again for months.
    From what I can remember, the most common sounds I hear are window being smashed, car crash, alarm bell, large metal object dropped from a height. There's plenty more although it's hard to remember them as it occurs just as I'm about to go into a deep sleep. I'm scared my poor heart can't take it, it beats extreemly fast after I wake, as it give's me the biggest fright ever. Anoying at the best of times, wish it was as funny as the name :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

only ever get them when im over tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dramatik

At least someone else knows what I'm talkin' about, I remember the first time I got it, I heard a school bell, one of the ones with the little hammer that hits the bell rapidly, it sounded like it was on the wall in my room right next to my bed, it was almost deafening it was that loud. The thing I found wierd was once it stopped, I could hear the ring gradualy fading out but then it just stopped all of a sudden about half way through the process. I cannot describe the feeling of something that loud one second and complete silence the next, very eery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ppr

I have had it happen - again though only when I'm overtired tbh

Advertisement