Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Day 3:Thursday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

carey2010 wrote: »
    Was pp paying 4 places?
    must depend on the race
    I got an ne/w win with 4th yesterday and they've captain chris as a loss for me today

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

That_Guy wrote: »
    8/11 Big Bucks. Can't see past him winning but no value in that for me. Absolutely love the horse though. Has won me a fortune the last two years at Cheltenham. Maybe a bit too much to ask to hope that he'd go off at evens.

hahahahaha you fly boys crack me up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I have an ominous feeling about BB. He'll have to lose sometime, maybe today is the day

I'm starting to get that feeling.

Every time i get withing touching distance of turning a profit for the festival an odds on favourite has let me down.

I'm starting to get that feeling again myself

micks wrote: »
    must depend on the race
    I got an ne/w win with 4th yesterday and they've captain chris as a loss for me today

Did you do it with bet 365?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

4/5 now. Had to have a nibble at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Fair enough you're entitled to your opinion.
    What makes you think he's terrible? The only man to train three Galway Hurdle winners and has festival winners and still only young

Last winner of the galway hurdle was 2006... quiet 6 years really.
    Dont rate him, can get the odd gamble going (holds back a few) but if there's no money for his horses they dont win (generally).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

leggit wrote: »
    hahahahaha you fly boys crack me up!

But I keep telling you, I'm not a pilot.. or in this case a big horse racing enthusiast. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Big Bucks is 5/6 on PP

and taken..back into 4/5

ive gone all in on big bucks. beaten and im a busted flush.the way my chelt has gone he will be turned over

I'm in the same position.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Big Bucks is 5/6 on PP

Zoink!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Slattsy wrote: »
    Last winner of the galway hurdle was 2006... quiet 6 years really.
    Dont rate him, can get the odd gamble going (holds back a few) but if there's no money for his horses they dont win (generally).

Your point about it being six years is really very silly. So what if it's six years, he's the only one ever.

Would you dispute Dermot Weld's Melbourne Cup as the only foreign trainer to ever win it just because it was 10 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Hi, I never post here and know virtually nothing about horse-racing so I'm just wondering if anybody here could please expain what the letters S, G or SG mean in the Cheltenham race listings -there are a few of us with suspicions but we'd like if somebody could confirm for us please! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

**** it 50 on Big bucks 5/6 on boyles and 20 on oscar whisky at 4s.

Jess16 wrote: »
    Hi, I never post here and know virtually nothing about horse-racing so I'm just wondering if anybody here could please expain what the letters S, G or SG mean in the Cheltenham race listings -there are a few of us with suspicions but we'd like if somebody could confirm for us please! :)

Where do you see that ? I would have thought it was the ground description, but would be G/S rather than SG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Dynaste is now 14/1 from 18/1 on PP

Now I've really got a bad feeling for Big Bucks.

I hate it when this happens

Your point about it being six years is really very silly. So what if it's six years, he's the only one ever.

Would you dispute Dermot Weld's Melbourne Cup as the only foreign trainer to ever win it just because it was 10 years ago

LOL !! You're comparing Nolan to Weld ?? :eek: :eek:
    Good luck to ya kid.

Oscar Whisky reminds me of Big Bucks the time he was racing against Punchestowns

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Come on dynaste!!!!!!!!:eek:

LOL !! You're comparing Nolan to Weld ?? :eek: :eek:
    Good luck to ya kid.

Nope, I was asking would you discount a feat that was never done by anyone else in the same manner you dismissed Nolan's defeat that no one else has done.

• Advertisement

If i had a big war chest i'd probably steam into Big Bucks at 5/6 - massive price !

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

5/6 is huge, my whole bank is now on BB. Come on!!!

Nope, I was asking would you discount a feat that was never done by anyone else in the same manner you dismissed Nolan's defeat that no one else has done.

So your actually comparing the Melbourne Cup to the Galway hurdle ?? lol

If i had a big war chest i'd probably steam into Big Bucks at 5/6 - massive price !

I wish I shared your confidence at this moment in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thud

biggest bet of week on Big Bucks, cheeky each way on MdH at 66

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

What a great name: BIG BUCKS :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

No bet, but think Murphys mare could run a big race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭carey2010

Honestly does any1 have a bad feeling about big bucks

So your actually comparing the Melbourne Cup to the Galway hurdle ?? lol

Nope. I was asking would you discount it based on the time frame, just like you did for Nolan's,

I don't mind you saying he's a terrible trainer, but you gave no reasons. The best reason you gave was that it's been 6 years since he won his third Galway Hurdle, which no one else has done. A pretty poor reason

• Advertisement

I wish I shared your confidence at this moment in time.

Price is based on Nicholls' form so far this week, form is different gravy to anything.
    So Young EW for me and small bet on OW.

Advertisement