Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrying a Dog in a Car

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

I used to hate bringing one of mine in the car because he'd bark and howl the place down while the other two sat quietly. We tried to get him used to the car by my mother driving and me sitting in the back seat with him, only I'd make him sit on the floor of the car and stay there. After a few trips, it solved his barking. He seemed to find it more comfortable there.

Now he sits on the back seat no problem. Actually, the only time he ever lets out a whinge on car journeys is when we slow down at traffic lights or roundabouts. It seems he much prefers us to be moving at a faster pace. :)
    We headed up to a relative in Co. Louth last February and he slept the entire time. Once he has a blanket to snuggle up on, he's more than happy to be in the car.

I use the Mikki dog car harness for my three and it keeps them good and secure on the back seat.

Advertisement