Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which lender?

Options
  • 12-03-2012 1:08pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    a bit of advice please. I've just approved for a mortgage by 3 banks (AIB, BOI & Ulster). AIB has the lowest variable rate. Is it as simple as going for the lender with the lowest variable or are there other considerations I need to be aware of? Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,377 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I heard on the radio the other day that only AIB and BoI are now offering mortgages in Ireland, so that is very limiting to begin with.

Can't really see any reason to go with the higher rate bank tbh. If the rates rise its likely that both banks will increase them. No perks with one bank over another really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

TroutMask wrote: »
    Hi all,
    a bit of advice please. I've just approved for a mortgage by 3 banks (AIB, BOI & Ulster). AIB has the lowest variable rate. Is it as simple as going for the lender with the lowest variable or are there other considerations I need to be aware of? Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

Take the cheapest rate on offer....

Advertisement