Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote for Waterfords Vanessa Whelan on The Voice of Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TrendyWendy

Think Vanessa is amazing saw Pavorotti and Paul Potts and would definitely pay to see Vanessa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

AdMMM wrote: »
    Pat Byrne - Team Bressie 11/10 8/11
    Vanessa Whelan - Team Sharon 11/10 6/5
    Richie Hayes - Team Brian 6/1 10/1
    Jim Devine - Team Kian 18/1

Would have loved to got on Vanessa last week... on paddypower.com

Current Odds :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I'll have a few a quid on Richie at 10/1 TBH, you'd never know what way voting on the night will go. He's definitely worth €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

is there no text voting in next show or is it all downloading songs??

Max Powers wrote: »
    is there no text voting in next show or is it all downloading songs??

http://www.rte.ie/tv/thevoice/
    Call and text voting is not currently open, however you can still vote for your favourite act(s), and here's how:
    Each of the 4 Voice of Ireland finalists have recorded the song they performed during the semi-final, and each single is now available for download from iTunes. Each download between 9pm on Sunday (22/04/12) and midnight next Saturday (28/04/12) will count as one vote for that act during next week's Voice of Ireland final (29/04/12). Each download from iTunes costs €1.29.
    As usual, you will have the opportunity to vote for your favourite act(s) by call or text during the live final on Sunday, 29th April. Please tune into The Voice of Ireland from 6.30pm on RTÉ One for further voting details.

Its just a money racket for RTE :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ziedth wrote: »
    I'll have a few a quid on Richie at 10/1 TBH, you'd never know what way voting on the night will go. He's definitely worth €10.

He would need a serious amount of votes to overturn Pats downloads and votes on the night. Richie is very unsteady in the charts the past two days, and is currently 8th a drop of two places since yesterday. Pat is staying firm at no.1 atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The sheer volatility in the charts tells us that there's a very small number of downloads so it would be easy enough (and not even that expensive) to manipulate in your favour.

Sully wrote: »
    As it stands, Vanessa is holding steady in no.9 in the iTunes chart. Its been that way since most of yesterday. Richie is moving a bit having jumped to 6th but as of now, he is 7th.

No.1 in the iTunes chart is Pat Byrne and he has remained their all day yesterday.

Richie / Vanessa need to catch up on downloads or pull a lucky one and get a huge amount of votes for the Sunday show!
    AdMMM wrote: »
    The sheer volatility in the charts tells us that there's a very small number of downloads so it would be easy enough (and not even that expensive) to manipulate in your favour.

I wonder how many downloads would someone have to buy to climb to the top of the charts. I think between 750-1000 downloads would get you close to the top spot. Maybe Adam would have a better insight. Anyhow here is the current chart.

capturegvn.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Pat has dropped to no.2, overtaken by Fun "We are Young".

Strange to see Pat jump to the lead so quickly and hold so firm (until today) while the others were more gradual and are much more unsteady (which would make sense). I still wonder though, is it even possible for Vanessa or Richie to overtake Pat if he remains strong in the downloads? He is going to get votes on Sunday combined with the downloads.

Pat has dropped to no.2, overtaken by Fun "We are Young".

Strange to see Pat jump to the lead so quickly and hold so firm (until today) while the others were more gradual and are much more unsteady (which would make sense). I still wonder though, is it even possible for Vanessa or Richie to overtake Pat if he remains strong in the downloads? He is going to get votes on Sunday combined with the downloads.

Its not updated on iTunes Charts

The Irish Sun article
    wrote:
    THE Voice of Ireland was thrown into chaos with a voting scandal last night — just days before the grand final.

Westlife star Kian Egan is raging after discovering Northern Ireland voters can’t download his act Jim Devine’s single on iTunes.

Kian, 31, has demanded show bosses rectify the situation as he fears the loss of home support has ruined Jim’s chances.

The four finalists’ singles are available on the music site and every download counts as a vote for them.

Coach Kian raged: “Jim hasn’t a hope of winning now, I’m fuming and he is gutted.

“Jim is from Tyrone and that would be at least 1,000 downloads from family and friends and so many more from fans.

“How could he win it now? All of the other finalists have support from home.” Kian only found out about the voting glitch yesterday and pleaded with producers ShinAwil and record company Universal to fix it.

But last night he said: “Nothing can be done they say.

“If you’re outside the Republic you can’t download the Irish charts so Jim has lost God knows how many votes.”

Show producer Larry Bass told the Irish Sun: “We don’t have control over iTunes or the music industry.

“The downloads are only a very small percentage of the overall vote on Sunday.

“The majority of the votes will come from that night and I would like to think that viewers will vote for the person with the best voice, not because of where they are from.

“If anyone feels that what happened to Jim is unfair, I would urge them to pick up the phone and vote.”

However, father-of-one Kian reckons that contestants from Northern Ireland should have been warned about this before auditioning.

Jim reached No18 on the Irish iTunes charts yesterday, with fellow finalist Pat Byrne at No1.

Kian added: “Imagine where he would be if people in the North could vote for him.

“He is a great guy and happy to be in the finals and says he is going to go out on Sunday and give it his best anyway.

“I’m delighted for Pat that he’s No1 but everyone should have a fair shot.”

Sligo lad Kian has now called on Westlife fans to download Jim’s cover of Garth Brooks’ hit The Dance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Love that that happened to Jim, he shouldn't be in it if he's from the north tbf..

Think at this stage Pat has it in the bag, but you never know with Vanessa, she might just take it! :)

Seems a bit silly not taking downloads at face value - people are spending money on votes and if there not all going to be considered, than it seems a bit silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Seems a bit silly not taking downloads at face value - people are spending money on votes and if there not all going to be considered, than it seems a bit silly.
    Only silly for the public. It's even more money for the company behind the competition. Win Win for them.

The final votes are in and counted. The iTunes votes were the making and breaking for the contestants.

Jim came last, Vanessa third, Richie second and Pat came first.

Unlike other talent shows from time to time, I think each contestant were excellent and had a lot on offer. Pat got the landslide thanks to iTunes, but both Richie & Vanessa here in Waterford might be gone from the show but there not forgotten and can move onwards and upwards from here, not backwards.

Jim should go after RTE for the balls they made and for basically shutting him out of the competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Why, what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Pat was the best, well in my opinion he was anyways. Richie and Vanessa will do fine outta the show in the future I imagine.

Why, what happened?

No votes from people in the north

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Why, what happened?

Disappointing for Richie, great run but he came up short in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

KevIRL wrote: »
    Why, what happened?

Disappointing for Richie, great run but he came up short in the end

What happened that RTE messed up though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

To be fair Pat was by far the best.... he deserved his win

Advertisement