Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[FPL] - GW28 Team News & Match Thread

• 10-03-2012 7:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭

I'll edit this as line-ups come in, so we have them both in the thread as they arrive, but also in the OP so they're easy to find. I'll also add scores and scorers for the same reason.
    --
    SATURDAY
    All kick-offs 3pm unless otherwise stated.

Bolton 2 -v- 1 QPR KO 12:45
    Bolton Starting XI: Bogdan, Steinsson, Ream, Wheater, Ricketts, Reo-Coker, M Davies, Pratley, Petrov, Ryo Miyaichi, Ngog
    Rangers Starting XI: Kenny, Traore, Ferdinand, Onuoha, Hill, Derry, Diakite, Barton, Wright-Phillips, Cisse, Zamora

FULL TIME
    Goals: Pratley, Krasnic, Cisse
    Assists: Ream, Miyaichi, Wright-Phillps
    Saves: Bogdan (4)
    Yellow Cards: Wheater, Pratley, Onuoha, Diakite
    --

Aston Villa 1 -v- 0 Fulham
    Villa XI: Given, Hutton, Cuellar, Collins, Warnock, Albrighton, Herd, Petrov, N'Zogbia, Ireland, Agbonlahor
    Fulham XI: Schwarzer, Kelly, Senderos, Hangeland, John Arne Riise, Duff, Dembele, Murphy, Dempsey, Pogrebnyak, Johnson.

FULL TIME
    Goals: Weimann
    Saves: Schwarzer (5)
    Yellow Cards: Herd Petrov

Chelsea 1 -v- 0 Stoke
    Chelsea XI: Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Mikel, Lampard, Meireles, Kalou, Drogba.
    Stoke XI: Begovic, Wilkinson, Shawcross, Huth, Wilson, Shotton, Whitehead, Diao, Fuller, Jones, Walters

FULL TIME
    Goals: Drogba
    Assists: Mata
    Saves: Begovic (7)
    Yellow Cards: Drogba, Wilson, Diao
    Red Cards: Fuller

Sunderland 1 -v- 0 Liverpool
    Sunderland XI: Mignolet, Bardsley, O'Shea, Turner, Bridge, Larsson, Colback, Gardner, McClean, Bendtner, Campbell.
    Liverpool XI: Reina, Kelly, Skrtel, Coates, Jose Enrique, Kuyt, Henderson, Adam, Spearing, Bellamy, Suarez.

FULL TIME
    Goals: Bendtner
    Assists: Campbell
    Saves: Mignolet (3)
    Yellow Cards: McClean, Skrtel

Wolves 0 -v- 2 Blackburn
    Wolves XI: Hennessey, Zubar, Stearman, Bassong, Ward, Doyle, Davis, Edwards, O'Hara, Jarvis, Fletcher.
    Blackburn XI: Robinson, Lowe, Dann, Hanley, Martin Olsson, Formica, Pedersen, Nzonzi, Marcus Olsson, Hoilett, Yakubu.

FULL TIME
    Goals: Hoilett (2)
    Assists: Pedersen, Yakubu
    Saves: Hennessey (4), Robinson (2)
    Yellow Cards: Fletcher, Hanley, Pedersen

Everton 1 -v- 0 Tottenham KO 17:30
    Everton: Howard; Neville, Distin, Heitinga, Baines, Coleman, Fellaini, Cahill, Osman, Drenthe, Jelavic
    Spurs: Freidel, Walker, King, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, Modric, Bale, Parker, Sandro, Defoe, Adebayor.

FULL TIME
    Goals: Jelavic
    Assists: Osman
    Saves: Howard (4), Friedel (4)
    Yellow Cards: Howard, Heitinga, Assou-Ekotto, Defoe
    --
    SUNDAY

Man Utd -v- West Brom KO 14:00
    United: Smalling a doubt after re-opening a head wound mid-week. Cleverley set to be involved after ankle injury.
    Baggies: Brunt could make his first start in 2 months after recovering from a broken foot. Jerome Thomas struggling with a hamstring injury.

Swansea -v- Man City KO 14:00
    Swans: Dyer starts his 3 match ban. Routledge likely to replace him. Williams should play, despite stomach bug.
    City: Kompany out injured. Richards and Lescott hope to be passed fit, but Zabaleta is definitely out.

Norwich -v- Wigan KO 16:00
    Norwich: Marc Tierney, Daniel Ayala, and James Vaughan remain on the sidelines.
    Wigan: Victor Moses, Mohamed Diame and Hugo Rodallega are all expected to play.
    --
    MONDAY

Arsenal -v- Newcastle KO 20:00
    Arsenal: Arteta and Ramsey set to return. Benayoun has overcome illness, and Santos is back in training.
    Newcastle: No new injury concerns. Peter Lovenkrands possibly out for the season.
    --
    TUESDAY

Liverpool -v- Everton
    See both teams above. Will update with fresh injury news after the weekend games.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Come on Suaaaaaaaarez :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Didn't realise Asenal game was on Monday. My concern about their fatigue is probably obsolete now. Have me thinking about putting the armband on VP (on "gamble" Suarez at the moment).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

iroced wrote: »
    Didn't realise Asenal game was on Monday. My concern about their fatigue is probably obsolete now. Have me thinking about putting the armband on VP (on "gamble" Suarez at the moment).

What did you do?

I think if you bothered to take that gamble (bringing Suarez in), you're pretty much in a situation where you had to captain him to make the gamble worthwhile.

Saying that, it's probably a closer call that most of us are saying. I quickly went with RVP without much doubt... but there's definitely doubt now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Finding links for 3.00 kick offs may be more difficult from now on .

QPR team (vs Bolton): Kenny, Traore, Ferdinand, Onuoha, Hill, Derry, Diakite, Barton, Wright-Phillips, Cisse,  Zamora” 

Bolton team v #QPR - Bogdan, Steinsson, Ream, Wheater, Ricketts, Reo-Coker, M Davies, Pratley, Petrov, Ryo, Ngog #BWFC” 

• Advertisement

OP updated.

Anybody have any FF interest in the Bolton/QPR game?

I know a few have Bogdan, who'll probably play ahead a of Vorm who is up against City for a lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Yeah, i have Miyachi, nearly had a heart atack when i didn't see him in the starting 11!

Super Bogdan all the way. Clean sheet and a penalty save brother

Degag wrote: »
    Yeah, i have Miyachi, nearly had a heart atack when i didn't see him in the starting 11!

Haha, I'll edit the OP (blame Coletrickle :mad:) :p

Bogdan owners count yourself lucky.

QPR just scored, with Bogdan scooping the ball out from behind the line... no goal given!

RabbleRableGoalLineTechnologyRabbleRabble

• Advertisement

carlcon wrote: »
    Bogdan owners count yourself lucky.

QPR just scored, with Bogdan scooping the ball out from behind the line... no goal given!

RabbleRableGoalLineTechnologyRabbleRabble

Beautiful and that will add to his saves total too :p

Pratley goal. Ream assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Liverpool team according to the match thread on the soccer forum

reina kelly coats skrtl enrique spearing adam henderson kuyt suarez bellamy

Cisse goal (QPR)

QPR can stop moaning about the goal not given now, well offside there for that one.

Kelly starts for Fulham, no Mata for Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Does Stephen Ireland start?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yup

Where's Gk when you need him ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

KevIRL wrote: »
    Kelly starts for Fulham,

Oh great. Gives me another sub. I was down to 1 :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Luiz, Mata, Sturridge and Torres all on the bench for Chelsea.

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Mikel, Lampard, Meireles, Kalou, Drogba. Subs: Turnbull, Luiz, Essien, Romeu, Torres, Mata, Sturridge.

Stoke: Begovic, Wilkinson, Shawcross, Huth, Wilson, Shotton, Whitehead, Diao, Fuller, Jones, Walters. Subs: Sorensen, Pennant, Upson, Delap, Crouch, Jerome, Palacios.
    --
    Wolverhampton: Hennessey, Zubar, Stearman, Bassong, Ward, Doyle, Davis, Edwards, O'Hara, Jarvis, Fletcher. Subs: De Vries, Kightly, Ebanks-Blake, Johnson, Berra, Milijas, Foley.

Blackburn: Robinson, Lowe, Dann, Hanley, Martin Olsson, Formica, Pedersen, Nzonzi, Marcus Olsson, Hoilett, Yakubu. Subs: Bunn, Givet, Dunn, Modeste, Petrovic, Goodwillie, Vukcevic.
    --
    Aston Villa: Given, Hutton, Cuellar, Collins, Warnock, Albrighton, Herd, Petrov, N'Zogbia, Ireland, Agbonlahor. Subs: Guzan, Heskey, Bannan, Weimann, Lichaj, Baker, Gardner.

Fulham: Schwarzer, Kelly, Senderos, Hangeland, John Arne Riise, Duff, Dembele, Murphy, Dempsey, Pogrebnyak, Johnson. Subs: Stockdale, Baird, Orlando Sa, Hughes, Diarra, Etuhu, Davies.
    --

Klasnic goal. Miyaichi assist.

Sunderland: Mignolet, Bardsley, O'Shea, Turner, Bridge, Larsson, Colback, Gardner, McClean, Bendtner, Campbell. Subs: Gordon, Wickham, Kilgallon, Vaughan, Meyler, Kyrgiakos, Elmohamady.

Liverpool: Reina, Kelly, Skrtel, Coates, Jose Enrique, Kuyt, Henderson, Adam, Spearing, Bellamy, Suarez. Subs: Doni, Gerrard, Carroll, Maxi, Downing, Carragher, Flanagan.

Ryo assist. Woopeee

Go on Miyaichi :D Miyaichi assists a Klasnic goal for Bolton.

Wolverhampton: Hennessey, Zubar, Stearman, Bassong, Ward, Doyle, Davis, Edwards, O'Hara, Jarvis, Fletcher. Subs: De Vries, Kightly, Ebanks-Blake, Johnson, Berra, Milijas, Foley.

Blackburn: Robinson, Lowe, Dann, Hanley, Martin Olsson, Formica, Pedersen, Nzonzi, Marcus Olsson, Hoilett, Yakubu. Subs: Bunn, Givet, Dunn, Modeste, Petrovic, Goodwillie, Vukcevic.

That's the lot until 5pm.

Ryo gets Sky MOTM, no bonus points for him so.....

Fancy Liverpool for this one. Come on the Reds (and Suarez)

On Setanta Ireland by the way

• Advertisement

Jesus shawcross nearly scored an Og

Captain Yak should have a hat-trick by now. But he doesn't. So I've 2 points from him. F*ck it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

No much happening. Bloody downing on bench, took 4 point hit for suarez as captain. Come On! Get In!I'm really up for it today. Come On!

Quiet week....

Anyone hoping for a Liverpool clean sheet here will be very lucky to get one IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Anyone watching the Fulham Villa game????

From the sounds of Sky Villa seem to be the more up for it which is not what i taught would happen!!

Yes i have a bet on this game :pac:

Also interested in how Pog is doing as a possible replacement for Ba.

• Advertisement

Villa 10 attempts
    Fulham 0 attempts . That's a surprise

Fuller red card for a stamp.

Dicky Fuller sent off for Stoke.

Villa 10 attempts
    Fulham 0 attempts . That's a surprise

**** sake lol. Sorry if i jinxed anyone with Fulham players :pac:.

Does not sound good from what im hearing now on sky with that match.

Ireland lucky not to be sent off for drawing claret.

• Advertisement

Mata coming on for Chelsea

Hoilett goal. Pedersen assist.

Very quite today so far. Ive only the one player playing so far so thats me on -3 :pac:

1 goal? WTF? haha.... 1 goal in all the 1st halves. It's very annoying too because my captain and 4 others are playing.

Snooooooooooooooooooze

McClean has a Yellow

Dempsey inches away from scoring

Dempsey inches away from scoring

Flip.

Fulham really getting into it by sounds of things now for anyone who may have Dempsey or Pog.

Or even any Villa players.

It's not a push to imagine someone with Mignolet/Begovic, Senderos/Kelly, Enrique/Skrtel, and Shotton/Shawcross... will be one of those horrible last 20 mins as we all watch the 6's arrive, then disappear just as fast.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement