Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pain in Calves when Walking and Running

Options
  • 09-03-2012 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi all,

I recently returned to playing football after a 10 year break. I have found that my fitness has improved immensely over the last month or so. My problem is when we run laps of the field, my calves get very tight and become painful and I often have to stop in order to let them relax so the pain will go away. Obviously we stretch before running but I feel this doesn't help. I have also swapped between wearing football boots and runners and the situation is the same.

This is annoying me in itself but my main worry is that this also happens me when I am walking to work. This is about a 20 minute walk and I wear my runners which are a well known and approved brand. Despite this, my calves become very tight and sore although not as bad as when I am running.

I have googled this and come across a possible medical reason which has obviously freaked me out so I thought I would come on here and ask you good people for some non-medical solutions to improve the situation before I go running to the doctors for no reason.

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I recently returned to playing football after a 10 year break
    Your body hasnt adjusted yet. However, noone here is going to know if its an injury or something else. You dont necessarily need to run to a doctor, but a physio would be a good person to check out. Not that there is anything serious wrong, but for your long term fitness you need to get this sussed by a professional.

As such, thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement