Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house 2012

Options
1525354555658»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭airman737

FixYa wrote: »
    had my 2nd repayment and TRS was credited to my account. Happy days!

Same here :-) I only got Feb TRS, still owed for jan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭orlaanne

airman737 wrote: »
    Same here :-) I only got Feb TRS, still owed for jan

You won't get a separate January payment. Instead the amount of relief you would be owed is divided in 11 instead of 12 so you get a little extra every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

orlaanne wrote: »
    You won't get a separate January payment. Instead the amount of relief you would be owed is divided in 11 instead of 12 so you get a little extra every month.

same for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 DMG1983

Hi everyone I'm hoping someone here might be able to help. I'm buying a 2 bed apt from a receiver. The solicitor got the contracts lat week and while there's no issue with the deeds they put in loads of special conditions- 5 pages of them. They didn't give any info about the management company, fees, sinking fund etc and are basically saying take it or leave it. The solicitor thinks I could have an issue selling it on in the future if they won't give her the information (she's going to write to them this week asking for up to date documents and more details)
    Has anybody any experience of buying from a receiver and are they all so arrogant- you would think they're giving me the place for free because they have as much as said in the contracts don't ask because we won't give you any other info!
    Thanks for any advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

DMG1983 wrote: »
    Hi everyone I'm hoping someone here might be able to help. I'm buying a 2 bed apt from a receiver. The solicitor got the contracts lat week and while there's no issue with the deeds they put in loads of special conditions- 5 pages of them. They didn't give any info about the management company, fees, sinking fund etc and are basically saying take it or leave it. The solicitor thinks I could have an issue selling it on in the future if they won't give her the information (she's going to write to them this week asking for up to date documents and more details)
    Has anybody any experience of buying from a receiver and are they all so arrogant- you would think they're giving me the place for free because they have as much as said in the contracts don't ask because we won't give you any other info!
    Thanks for any advice!

Typically the Receiver sales can drag on a bit as they can be slow to provide the required documentation. I'd be inclined to be guided by your solicitor here and if their advice is to walk away then so be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Girl about Town

Hi There, I've been following posts on buying a property for the last few months - May I say 'Killers' advice and comments on this forum have been excellent. I was approved yesterday on a relatively small mortgage of 50K. At my age, believe me this is excellent. I went to view a house a couple of weeks ago that was advertised on the EA site at 75K. When I got there the EA gave me a print out the particulars and the price on the details say 'in excess' of 75K? It is a repossessed ex rental property (built before 1900) At first glance it doesn't appear in bad condition - Nothing that a few gallons of paint, carpets, new kitchen and new windows to the front of the property wouldn't sort. When I asked the EA "What would buy the place" I was told they were hoping for offers in excess/around 85K???? ( Why advertise it at 75K???? The same EA was advertising another property at 85K a couple of months ago and has now relisted it at 95K??? (still not sold though) I'm meeting the EA on Monday and I'd really like some help and advice please. I've been gifted 25K as a deposit (which will be returned as a gift) in the next couple of years. I'm hoping to hold back 5K to cover survey, solicitor, stamp duty etc., and have been advised by friends and family who dabble in property to go in to the EA on Monday and offer 70K - When I rang earlier this week and spoke to the receptionist, she advised me that they have not yet received any offers - it's only been on the market for about a month. It's a house but because of parking issues and a busy road, it would not be suitable for a young family. I don't think that renters would be crazy about it either as only 1 parking permit for roads surrounding it is issued. I'm nervous now and would like some advice on what to expect on Monday? Would I be cheeky or appear not serious if I offered 70K??? I could at a really tight squeeze (if I live on bread and water for the next couple of months) push myself to the 75K - I apologise if this sounds cheap or silly but I'm a one income person so 75K at my age after renting for years is more than enough. Also, If the EA did accept my offer? would I be expected to pay any sort of deposit when meeting him? Any advise would be really welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭johnnyk66

Hi There, I've been following posts on buying a property for the last few months - May I say 'Killers' advice and comments on this forum have been excellent. I was approved yesterday on a relatively small mortgage of 50K. At my age, believe me this is excellent. I went to view a house a couple of weeks ago that was advertised on the EA site at 75K. When I got there the EA gave me a print out the particulars and the price on the details say 'in excess' of 75K? It is a repossessed ex rental property (built before 1900) At first glance it doesn't appear in bad condition - Nothing that a few gallons of paint, carpets, new kitchen and new windows to the front of the property wouldn't sort. When I asked the EA "What would buy the place" I was told they were hoping for offers in excess/around 85K???? ( Why advertise it at 75K???? The same EA was advertising another property at 85K a couple of months ago and has now relisted it at 95K??? (still not sold though) I'm meeting the EA on Monday and I'd really like some help and advice please. I've been gifted 25K as a deposit (which will be returned as a gift) in the next couple of years. I'm hoping to hold back 5K to cover survey, solicitor, stamp duty etc., and have been advised by friends and family who dabble in property to go in to the EA on Monday and offer 70K - When I rang earlier this week and spoke to the receptionist, she advised me that they have not yet received any offers - it's only been on the market for about a month. It's a house but because of parking issues and a busy road, it would not be suitable for a young family. I don't think that renters would be crazy about it either as only 1 parking permit for roads surrounding it is issued. I'm nervous now and would like some advice on what to expect on Monday? Would I be cheeky or appear not serious if I offered 70K??? I could at a really tight squeeze (if I live on bread and water for the next couple of months) push myself to the 75K - I apologise if this sounds cheap or silly but I'm a one income person so 75K at my age after renting for years is more than enough. Also, If the EA did accept my offer? would I be expected to pay any sort of deposit when meeting him? Any advise would be really welcome

If offer accepted then expect to pay booking deposit of about 10% within a few days.

Advertisement