Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Friendlies Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    That was an epic shootout there Luke! He won 31 28 with a field goal in the dying seconds. Great game.

Anyone else want to play?

Ya I'll play you;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I was clarifying for the poster above. My honest answer is i have no idea. I just clicked the right stick to throw it away, I knew this worked as i have been in similar situations in offline games. If its illegal I apologise, at least now i know

well sure if it was illegal would there not have been a penalty called?

Gg pudsy sorry bout last td was just trying to run clock but he broke through to open space

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

gufc21 wrote: »
    Gg pudsy sorry bout last td was just trying to run clock but he broke through to open space

No problem mate. My defensive backs forgot how to tackle in the 4th there!

gufc21 wrote: »

No problem mate. My defensive backs forgot how to tackle in the 4th there!

Ya was a good tight game until then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Anyone with a mic around now for a game and bit of banter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Anyone with a mic around now for a game and bit of banter?
    Yep!
    Gt- triangle king

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Yep!
    Gt- triangle king

Sent you an invite there.

Anyone want a game in the next few mins?

I'm on an 8 game losing streak I need to break!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

anyone around for a game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

HowAreWe wrote: »
    anyone around for a game?

Might be on in ten or 15 min.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Raoul wrote: »
    Might be on in ten or 15 min.

Might be eh? :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I'm just came on to do my free agent signing but I'll stick around for a game if some1 wants 1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I'm just came on to do my free agent signing but I'll stick around for a game if some1 wants 1

Sent you an invite there. Hoping it's not too laggy, if it is I'll quit out as I expect it's on my end.

Anyone else like a game?

Anyone want a game from 6.15 onwards?

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Sent you an invite there. Hoping it's not too laggy, if it is I'll quit out as I expect it's on my end.

Well I never want to play you again :pac:
    I have no idea how to stop the run game!,I can take solace in the fact I don't have to play you in the franchise

Well I never want to play you again :pac:
    I have no idea how to stop the run game!,I can take solace in the fact I don't have to play you in the franchise

Yeah... That's how I play... Every game... :o

No, that was possibly the best performance I've put in on Madden for quite some time. MJD was a wrecking ball, were you run committing? But really thats what he will do if I can give him the ball that often, thanks to my defense I was able to. I tried out a new scheme and I was blown away with how well it worked.

Thanks again for the game, I've been dying to try out the stuff I've been practising. Sorry it has some choppy spells of lag. Funny moment, did you see my abysmal FG attempt with the score at 7-0? Must have kicked it 10 yards! I went to kick it and the lag meant it didn't register my stick flicking so it had 0 power.

Yeah... That's how I play... Every game... :o

No, that was possibly the best performance I've put in on Madden for quite some time. MJD was a wrecking ball, were you run committing? But really thats what he will do if I can give him the ball that often, thanks to my defense I was able to. I tried out a new scheme and I was blown away with how well it worked.

Thanks again for the game, I've been dying to try out the stuff I've been practising. Sorry it has some choppy spells of lag. Funny moment, did you see my abysmal FG attempt with the score at 7-0? Must have kicked it 10 yards! I went to kick it and the lag meant it didn't register my stick flicking so it had 0 power.

I'm still trying to learn off defensive plays,I was trying alot of cover 1/cover 2 against the runs which I thought were effective against them but I dunno I guess not.
    The FG shot at the start was mad alrite,I thought it was glitch like in the franchise mode,who knew that would be my high point of the game lol.

I'm still trying to learn off defensive plays,I was trying alot of cover 1/cover 2 against the runs which I thought were effective against them but I dunno I guess not.
    The FG shot at the start was mad alrite,I thought it was glitch like in the franchise mode,who knew that would be my high point of the game lol.

Haha! I would say your last drive there was the highlight, I was running the same D I had been all day because I decided I wanted to be bastard and get the shut-out, you used Manning's accuracy well, bit more time and you were in.

Yeah run-stopping plays are tough, I normally blitz when I think a run is coming, you did that and got me for a loss a few times, I guess it's just play recognition which comes with time and experience, still terrible at it myself.

• Advertisement

Haha! I would say your last drive there was the highlight, I was running the same D I had been all day because I decided I wanted to be bastard and get the shut-out, you used Manning's accuracy well, bit more time and you were in.

Yeah run-stopping plays are tough, I normally blitz when I think a run is coming, you did that and got me for a loss a few times, I guess it's just play recognition which comes with time and experience, still terrible at it myself.

I had a hard time passing all game,the first few I threw were caught but 1 of your defenders came in every time and nailed them and they ended up dropping them.After that my recievers never seem to get their runs going to get free,they were being blocked and stuff which lead to me holding onto the ball too long with manning and eventually getting nailed.
    Blitz's? I actually thought they were used for pass plays :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Only started playing this online yesterday, played two games and won them fairly comfortably. Then I lost two in row, got seriously hammered in one, lost 60-14. I seem to be having serious trouble stopping runs.

Plus this guy was onside and squib kicking every time just to rub it in. Prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

J. Marston wrote: »
    Only started playing this online yesterday, played two games and won them fairly comfortably. Then I lost two in row, got seriously hammered in one, lost 60-14. I seem to be having serious trouble stopping runs.

Plus this guy was onside and squib kicking every time just to rub it in. Prick.

Join the boards community! and play friendlies against guys from here. We don't do any of that crap plus we are a great bunch of lads really. :D

Anyone about to listen to me complain about the Dolphins?

Anyone around for a game? I'm on a 9 game losing streak in the boards community!

Anyone around for a game? I'm on a 9 game losing streak in the boards community!

I cud jump on for a game,I think I've lost something like ten games so I'm in no great shapes

I cud jump on for a game,I think I've lost something like ten games so I'm in no great shapes

ill be on in 5 mins

Good game pudsy,I quite enjoyed that.
    I was tyring out some new defense and I actually thought it did alrite despite the score.
    I think I pretty much lost the game on my own offense,6 interceptions and and fumbles which all lead to scores.
    I was throwing some mad stuff:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Game anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Game anyone?

yeah i'll play. you still about?

Advertisement