Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Dick*head Cardinal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭crucamim

why didn't i think of that? sure i'll just start a school tomorrow.

why it is wrong is that while the church own the school, they do not fund it. your argument breaks down at this salient point. if they funded the schools themselves, well and good.

This post of yours causes me to suspect that you are a snob. You seem to be suggesting that wealthy Catholics, who can afford private education, have a right to keep their children safe while poor Catholics have no such right.

Catholics pay tax at the same rates as other citizens. Why should they pay tax to fund the education of secularists if secularists do not pay tax to fund the education of Catholics?

Please go ahead and establish a school for secularists. So far as I know, you will receive the same level of taxpayer funding as do Catholic schools, Protestant schools and Islamic schools. Please stop interfering with the right of Catholics to have their children educated as Catholics - just as you have never interfered with the right of Protestants to have their children educated as Protestants.

Sonics2k wrote: »

The outdated and bigoted laws of this country, which are held in place by the Catholic Church,

Please stick to facts. The laws of Ireland are made by the Parliament of Ireland. Laws of Ireland can be deleted by the Parliament of Ireland. Catholic bishops do not have an automatic right to be members of the parliament of Ireland although 24 of their counterparts in the Church of England have an automatic right to sit in the Parliament of the UK where, at present, they are a proper pain in the neck for the current UK government.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

boynesider wrote: »
    Yes I think that most ordinary Irish people would accept gay marriage,
    I concur
    and I believe that this acceptance would ironically be a consequence of the Christian heritage of the country.

Despite the fact that the Catholic hierarchy are doing their very best to stop gay marriage from occurring?
    Watchoo' smokin'? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

If someone could prove that there is a link between what this Cardinal is saying and a rise in homophobia amongst practicing Catholics then there would be cause to reasonably criticise him. But I don't think anyone can.

People still believe in religion.

Their religion tells them gays are evil, and that they do not deserve the rights straight people have.

How would your little village respond if a gay couple announced they were getting married, or having a child.
    crucamim wrote: »
    We, Catholics have a right to live without our having to endure screams of hate against our church from a memebr of the Church which supported and profited from the Penal Laws.

What is wrong with the Catholic Church running the schools which it owns? Or your church running the schools which it owns? If you do not like Catholic schools, establish your own schools. Your doing so will reduce the percentage of schools which the Catholic Church owns.

You catholics should take a good long look at yourselves in the mirror, how anyone in this country can still believe and support RCC is beyond me.

You catholics should take a good long look at yourselves in the mirror, how anyone in this country can still believe and support RCC is beyond me.

We Catholics can do without advice from any non-Catholic.

When one remembers that most of the victims of sex abuse by priests were teenage boys, one must wonder how gays can have the audacity to try to use the sex abuse scandal against Catholics.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,720 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

consensual sex between two adults is not the same as sexually abusing a minor.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

When one remembers that most of the victims of sex abuse by priests were teenage boys, one must wonder how gays can have the audacity to try to use the sex abuse scandal against Catholics.

Wait, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Are you comparing consenting adults in a relationship having sex, with the rape of minors?

Really?

Are you people so blind you can't see a difference anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

<mod snip> Please leave! </snip>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

I am a catholic. The RCC will not allow me to change that fact. As one of your flock I can say what I want.

Do you support child abuse?

BTW You are not doing any justice to your RCC beliefs by the way you are behaving on here, or maybe you are.

• Advertisement

'by priests'
    Say that in your head as many times as needed until you realise how truly bogus that statement was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

So are you suggesting there's nothing wrong with raping teenagers?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

crucamim -- your next snarl will earn you a forum ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

With statements like that, sometimes you just have to stand back and admire the pure cúntish nature of the post.

I waited seven years here to discover someone that I found worthy of being ignored. Congratulations, you have just made it two in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

One doesn't need to wonder at all, when one knows the difference between abuse and consent. And the difference between pederasty/paedophilia and homosexuality.

Evidently this is not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

legspin wrote: »
    With statements like that, somtimes you just have to stand back and admire the pure cúntish nature of the post.

I waited seven years here to discover someone that I found worthy of being ignored. Congratulations, you have just made it two in a week.

Same here. Along with 'dead one'.

I'm surprised they can access the internet on their own. Unless someone else logs them on.

Religion actually suits them. They deserve it!

phutyle wrote: »

One doesn't need to wonder at all, when one knows the difference between abuse and consent. And the difference between pederasty/paedophilia and homosexuality.

Did the victims consent to sex with gay priests?

I'm glad I'm only encountering such a warped mind on the internet. I don't think I could handle such face to face.

What the hell...

Are you comparing consenting adults in a relationship having sex, with the rape of minors? Are you people so blind you can't see a difference anymore?

Who raped the minors? Was it gays who happened to be priests?

• Advertisement

Have you stopped beating your wife yet?

No offense Christians, but the dislike and sometimes, hatred, people have towards you is well deserved after centuries of oppression and bigotry. Karma has basically come back to slap you.

Does that mean that you approve of hatred of Christains? Do you hate Christains?

phutyle wrote: »

That does not answer my question.

That does not answer my question.

No, but it explains why your question cannot be answered.

Galvasean wrote: »

Despite the fact that the Catholic hierarchy are doing their very best to stop gay marriage from occurring?
    Watchoo' smokin'? :pac:

Is it just the Catholic hierarchy? So far as I know, Cardinal O'Brien's remarks have not yet been supported by any bishop of the Catholic Church in Ireland but they have been supported by a senior clergyman of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland.

Please stop trying to turn gay marriage into an anti-Catholic crusade.

Sick perverted priests with access to young boys. The reason the priests abused boys more often than girls is that they had more access to alter boys and what not.
    Playing devil's advocate for a moment, let's assume it was gay priests raping boys.. Even then what do the actions of sick rapists have to do with whether or not we should allow gay people in committed and loving relationships get married?
    Or are all the gays ready to gang rape any piece of ass they see as soon as its back is turned?

Is it just the Catholic hierarchy?

Nope, it's in the Bible too.
    Please stop trying to turn gay marriage into an anti-Catholic crusade.

Oh please put away your "oppressed Catholics" card. Nobody is falling for it.

Does that mean that you approve of hatred of Christains? Do you hate Christains?

Reading your posts, I'm certainly starting to hate a few of them, yes.

I mean, I'm all up for people having faith and belief. But the complete shít you are spewing is just disturbing.

FWIW I know many Christians (mostly Catholics) and many are very good friends. None of them spout the horrible stuff being said by certain ones that we see on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

robindch wrote: »
    crucamim -- your next snarl will earn you a forum ban.
    crucamim - bye.

Advertisement