Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier league Gameweek 28 Poll

Options
  • 04-03-2012 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Two players ae going to dominate the poll this week, Wayne Rooney and Robin Van Persie. I luckily have both and will probably stump for RVP as everything seems to go through him for Arsenal, Rooney is in good form also but United have other players that could take the plaudits such as Young and Nani is due a good week

Who will you captain in gameweek 28? 94 votes

Dempsey away to A Villa
    0%
    Pogrebnyak away to A villa
    0%
    Mata home to Stoke
    0%
    McClean home to Liverpool
    0%
    Suarez away to Sunderland/Home to Everton
    0%
    Gerrard away to Sunderland/Home to Everton
    25%
    PWEIPOKERKINGrorycLemlinMr MoonFizmanthewoolsStevecwNabyLadisthemanshiibatawill1977Axwellkearneybobs8-10manual_manJohn83pahmassdebaterInsane RamblingBlatter 24 votes
    Yakubu away to Wolves
    0%
    Pienaar home to Spurs/Away to Liverpool
    2%
    smokingmanme m 2 votes
    Saha away to Everton
    0%
    Adebayour away to Everton
    0%
    Bale away to Everton
    1%
    The Gram 1 vote
    Rooney home to Westbrom
    0%
    Young home to Westbrom
    22%
    maddsDelboy5Ste05FutureGuydahatAmiraniFirst ExplorerThe_Kew_TourredarmyShane732Jax TellerStey_9How Soon Is Nowshayno90Professional Griefercaddy16JoekersPopTartsgrohlisagodLe Henry 21 votes
    Nani home to Westbrom
    1%
    Sideshow Mark 1 vote
    Welbeck home to Westbrom
    2%
    AnimoBig Pussy Bonpensiero 2 votes
    Sigoursson home to Mancity
    0%
    Odemwinge away to ManUtd
    0%
    Aguero away to Swansea
    0%
    Silva away to Swansea
    1%
    wardie101 1 vote
    Ballotelli away to Swansea
    0%
    Dzeko away to Swansea
    0%
    Holt home to Wigan
    1%
    james123 1 vote
    VPersie home to Newcastle
    0%
    Ba away to Arsenal
    43%
    SickBoySkySterDempseymachiavellianmepauloconspartacus93rock whorelassykkMacker1podge018RikandGLaDOSmailburnercarlcondsmythyJuxtaposemenoscemoeagle eyeOwlsZatskippy15 41 votes
    Cisse Ba away to Arsenal
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Ba away to Arsenal
    Van Persie for me. Hes saving my season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Ba away to Arsenal
    unkymo wrote: »
    Van Persie for me. Hes saving my season!

me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Suarez.

Looked bright against Arsenal and has two fixtures. No brainer tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Honestly have no idea. Rooney RVP and Suarez all look likely candidates. United looked really in the mood today

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Suarez. Based on the indisputable theory that any time I've done a captain fail, that same player has gone on to be the highest scorer the next week and I haven't captained him. Get in my son

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Reina. You heard it here first. And put it in the pole ffs. How can you have a captaincy poll without Reina? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Ha Shadowcomplex I think you're the only person in the world that calls Sigurdsson Sigoursson. I Goggled "Sigoursson" there and your posts were the only ones that came up pretty much.

Anyway if I decide to get Suarez in then he'll be my captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭pah

Rvp I think.

Piennar can't play the spurs game btw, part of the loan deal

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Ba away to Arsenal
    Going to stop stressing this and pick RVP every time he's at home from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Ba away to Arsenal
    Stupid Suarez, giving me a headache! I really don't want to go without him this double week, because I know how capable he is... but it'd be a wasted transfer, since he'd be out the door immediately, even if he managed a ridiculous amount of points.

Every ounce of common sense in me says no, but with everyone switching from Ba to Pog, going for Suarez instead this week could be a great return.

I've had an epiphany when typing this; both Rooney and RVP are more likely to score over one game than he is over two... so no to Suarez. Anyone who brings him in is a jerk. :p
    DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Going to stop stressing this and pick RVP every time he's at home from now on

That really is the only way to play this game without ultimately hating yourself in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Ba away to Arsenal
    RVP for me, had a good week last week so happy to consolidate this week. Newcastle look like they're struggling a bit lately while WBA have put some good results together.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Ba away to Arsenal
    Gonna have to go with RVP this week but still might switch back to Dempsey before Saturday after his performance last wk! Top player!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Suarez for me, guaranteed 8pts just by him playing the two games is a decent start throw in any sort of assist and goal and hes done well.

I also have RVP and Rooney. I will go RVP vice captain.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

POKERKING wrote: »
    Suarez for me, guaranteed 8pts just by him playing the two games is a decent start throw in any sort of assist and goal and hes done well.

I also have RVP and Rooney. I will go RVP vice captain.

Nothing is guaranteed in this game, I was talking to my mate during the City game, he had Aguero as Captain and didn't want him to come on cos at least his vice captain was guaranteed 4 points (Ba) so he got -2 instead.

Saying that, he looks like the best bet, he has 180 minutes to score a goal or get an assist, and to be honest that's all you're hoping from your captain every week, anything else is a bonus (including bonuses ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Think I'll just follow my normal tactic and go with the FFS poll on Friday. It's between VP and Suarez for me. Suarez is only in with a shout because he has two games.

Even if I had Rooney, I don't think I'd captain him. He's nowhere near the form of VP.

Ba away to Arsenal
    You never "have to" do anything in this game, but you have to captain Suarez if you bothered to bring him in for the DGW.

If you're going to gamble on him taking the opportunity, then you might as well do it properly.

This doesn't go for anyone who just normally has him in their team. Just those you are taking a punt in the DGW.

Just to further expand further on Suarez being a good choice for captain this week.

He really did look good against Arsenal, by far his best game since returning from suspension. He seems to finally have gotten that sharpness back.

His two games this week are Sunderland and Everton. He has already scored against Everton this season and scored at the Stadium of Light last season. Not that that's overly important, but sometimes players have a bit more confidence going into games against opposition that they know they've done well against in the past.

carlcon wrote: »
    You never "have to" do anything in this game, but you have to captain Suarez if you bothered to bring him in for the DGW.

If you're going to gamble on him taking the opportunity, then you might as well do it properly.

This doesn't go for anyone who just normally has him in their team. Just those you are taking a punt in the DGW.

Like captaining Reina? Do people think it's f*cking stupid to captain Reina? Like i said before in another thread he's nailed on 8 unless they concede 2 in a game(unlikely) and then they will more than likely keep 1 clean sheet (Everton) and have a good chance keeping 2 since Sess is gone. I he keeps two clean sheets than it's 24 points and he could easily get 2 more points for saves making it 28. Obviously 28 is the most I'd expect from him but I can nearly be sure to myself that he will get 10 at least. In a way it's a safe captain choice because everyone could go for someone like VP or Rooney and the could easily get 4 points off them. While Reina already has 24 points it's only a case of whether he'll lose them or not.

Anyways, what do people think in terms of captaining someone from the liverpool backling in general? I'm half thinking of getting Johnson instead of Reina he's a BP machine and is definitely due a goal by now with the amount of chances he gets/how much he goes forward etc.

FatRat wrote: »
    Like captaining Reina? Do people think it's f*cking stupid to captain Reina? Like i said before in another thread he's nailed on 8 unless they concede 2 in a game(unlikely) and then they will more than likely keep 1 clean sheet (Everton) and have a good chance keeping 2 since Sess is gone. I he keeps two clean sheets than it's 24 points and he could easily get 2 more points for saves making it 28. Obviously 28 is the most I'd expect from him but I can nearly be sure to myself that he will get 10 at least. In a way it's a safe captain choice because everyone could go for someone like VP or Rooney and the could easily get 4 points off them. While Reina already has 24 points it's only a case of whether he'll lose them or not.

Anyways, what do people think in terms of captaining someone from the liverpool backling in general? I'm half thinking of getting Johnson instead of Reina he's a BP machine and is definitely due a goal by now with the amount of chances he gets/how much he goes forward etc.

With Agger out Liverpool are always liable to concede imo.

Blatter wrote: »
    With Agger out Liverpool are always liable to concede imo.

Good point but I've never thought much of Agger anyway so I think Carragher will be grand taking over, Skrtel and the other 2 will do all the work. :)

• Advertisement

Ba away to Arsenal

The only figure you can really put on Reina for sure is 6 points. 2 for each full game, then 1 more in each for a few saves. You're asking for "extras" after that, which in this game are never guarenteed. So if we're dealing in absolutes, *maybe* you can say you're guarenteed 12 points from captain Reina.

Everything else you've said is exactly the same for everyone else. To say "Reina already has 24 points it's only a case of whether he'll lose them or not" is really misleading and could totally mess you up.

The Liverpool back 4 have the exact same chance of a clean sheet, plus extras. They're liable to be taken off after 70 mins and get a clean sheet even if they concede afterwards... Reina isn't. They're capable of goals and assists... Reina isn't. Both of these things are much more likely than Reina's only notable "extra"; a peno save.

I see where you're coming from, but I think your logic is a better argument for a defender than a keeper.

Saying that, I believe that Liverpool are more likely to get at least one clean sheet than any individual player is of scoring a goal, so a back 5 player probably is a better option than a midfielder or striker.

Still though... RVP. A goal from him and a few BPs is likely to be as good as any Liverpool player over 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I got rid of Enrique a few weeks back. Was regretting it a bit until I heard Agger was injured and Carragher would be coming in.

Carragher is a total liability. He's shown it numerous times this season. Van Persie's goal last week was about Arsenal's second or third attack and Carragher's positioning was woeful.

Alright, Liverpool aren't going to play against the likes of RvP every week but I wouldn't even trust Carragher against Bendtner.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

Ba away to Arsenal
    Good point but I've never thought much of Agger anyway so I think Carragher will be grand taking over, Skrtel and the other 2 will do all the work. :)

Agger is a classy defender. Up there with the best in the league for me. Carragher is past it.

Liverpool have 3 clean sheets in 11 games with Carragher in the team
    compared to 7 in 15 with him out of the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

between roo and rvp for me. i don't think i'd be captaining a liverpool player if i had one tbh, no kind of form to go on, suarez, defence or otherwise. i can see a lot of people getting badly burned.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

Ba away to Arsenal
    RVP is the safest choice. Think Suarez and Rooney could do well and possibly outscore him, but its risky NOT to captain RVP this year!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I have the armband on Suarez at the minute (only brought him in for the DGW)

Now I'm thinking do I need to take a chance on him, I'm leading my two money leagues by about 100 points in each one.

VP is the obvious option and I'm sure most people behind me are going to captain him. If he does nothing then I'll extend my lead, but if he scores a couple I'm hoping for Suarez to actually perform (FFwise) and not just play well (like he did v Arsenal)!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I have the armband on Suarez at the minute (only brought him in for the DGW)

Now I'm thinking do I need to take a chance on him, I'm leading my two money leagues by about 100 points in each one.

VP is the obvious option and I'm sure most people behind me are going to captain him. If he does nothing then I'll extend my lead, but if he scores a couple I'm hoping for Suarez to actually perform (FFwise) and not just play well (like he did v Arsenal)!

nice!

my philosophy is if you're ahead, avoid gambles. suarez to me is a semi gamble this week. i would stick with RVP.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Young home to Westbrom
    AARRRGGGHHH Rooney or RVP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Young home to Westbrom
    Anyone captaining Adam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

PopTarts wrote: »
    Anyone captaining Adam?

Doubtful.