Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FPL] - GW28 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Just gave Ba the boot... could have made 0.1 profit on Pogrebnyak if I'd acted yesterday but seeing that Ba is due to go down tonight and Suarez up I had to move soon.

Gamble gamble!

Anyone anything new on Valencia? Sold him on Saturday for 7.8 and just bought him back at 7.7, he doesn't look likely to go down any further tonight but after Youngs performance yesterday will he even get into the team if hes fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

roryc wrote: »
    Just gave Ba the boot... could have made 0.1 on Pogrebnyak but seeing that Ba is due to go down tonight and Suarez up.

Gamble gamble!

Anyone anything new on Valencia? Sold him on Saturday for 7.8 and just bought him back at 7.7, he doesn't look likely to go down any further tonight but after Youngs performance yesterday will he even get into the team if hes fit?

Valencia not back til the Wolves game. Say he might drop again by then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

Sold: Bosingwa (bad bad buy) for Lescott
    Sess for Drenthe

Took a four point hit but I've been waiting too long to transfer out Bosingwa and didn't want to lose too much on Sess. I fancy Drenthe to do something. he'll probably just get himself sent off against Liverpool.

Is that definite about Valencia? Yeh I don't want to risk it unless hes a certainty to play...

If I could work it to get Walcott in instead of Valencia I'd be happy with my team, but I'm still 0.4m short even if I downgrade Skrtel to Enrique. I could change Evans for Turner and get the 0.4 but United have such a good run of fixtures compared to Sunderland I can't really justify it. This is the team I WANT. What a front line!

302qq10.jpg

Anyone got a spare 0.4m they dont need :)

What about taking out Tim Kool and replacing him with Mig

• Advertisement

Hmmm... great idea, hadn't thought of that! Newcastle haven't exactly been tight at the back have they.

F**k it, done :)

roryc wrote: »
    Hmmm... great idea, hadn't thought of that! Newcastle haven't exactly been tight at the back have they

Nope. They're a bit gung ho. (But great to watch). You could also do Simps->Turner. If you want like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

would like to end up with this team in a week or 2, still 3 transfers away though to bring walcott, young and evans in for smalling bale and sess

scaled.php?server=812&filename=ff23.png&res=medium

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I would love a wildcard this week. I'm happy with most of my team, but would love to make multiple little tweaks... N. Taylor to Caulker here, Krul to Foster there etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Any opinions on Henderson (Liverpool)? Will he be benched when Gerrard is fit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I'm thinking Aguero and Valencia out, Suarez and Kuyt in.....might also take a 4 point hit and get Enrique in for BAE. Is three Liverpool players overdoing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I'm thinking Aguero and Valencia out, Suarez and Kuyt in.....might also take a 4 point hit and get Enrique in for BAE. Is three Liverpool players overdoing it?

They don't seem to be scoring at all, saying that they aren't conceding either.

A defender would be handy to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Anyone know the story with Stevie G for the DGW, will he play both matches?

Dempsey wrote: »

He's not the player he used to be. He needs to get some of them magic beans Giggs is on. I'd be surprised if he played both matches

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

PopTarts wrote: »
    Any opinions on Henderson (Liverpool)? Will he be benched when Gerrard is fit?

I'd have benched him months ago, but seems Kenny likes him for some crazy reason. But for FF he doesn't score, never sets up anything (except) his terrible cross somehow ending up as an og) Get rid.

I'm looking at dgw and its hard to see who will do well, I got Enrique in last week for Richards...saves me money as is sure to play. Have 2 trfs to use, kinda shud be Liv/Eve players but nobody stands out!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Dempsey wrote: »

I wouldn't. He is not that good for points anyway...

I really need to get rooney but would need to take a 12 point hit so think I will do it next week and take an 8 point hit...Is it to much for one player??

I just think that they can't keep missing penalties/hitting the post for the rest of the season. Suarez is clearly not a long-term buy but for a DGW he might be worth a shout. Having said all that, if I don't get Rooney in now and he bags a hat-trick against West Brom I will have to work small miracles to bring him in.

RB100 wrote: »
    I wouldn't. He is not that good for points anyway...

I really need to get rooney but would need to take a 12 point hit so think I will do it next week and take an 8 point hit...Is it to much for one player??

Way too much, surely wat u have can't be that bad that they'll end up that many points worse off?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tipperaryman

Still 2nd in my head to head league.... probably can only afford 1 more loss.
    Am I better off to use my wildcard in next few weeks or wait till last few weeks (ie the week im playing fella in first place)?

ATM i have Cisse and Welbeck up front, cisse-> suarez is in my price bracket. POG is a option as Fulhams home games dont look too bad

Still 2nd in my head to head league.... probably can only afford 1 more loss.

Am I better off to use my wildcard in next few weeks or wait till desperation?

With Liv and Everton playing twice this wk, cud be a good time to use it if it'll improve ur team. If not hang on till it really matters, a sneaky Emile Heskey ht on last day cud win u it! :)

• Advertisement

I just think that they can't keep missing penalties/hitting the post for the rest of the season. Suarez is clearly not a long-term buy but for a DGW he might be worth a shout. Having said all that, if I don't get Rooney in now and he bags a hat-trick against West Brom I will have to work small miracles to bring him in.

I, for one, don't think West Brom will be a walk over. They're not a bad outfit. Also, United have a Thurs eve game, some of their players might be a bit tired. I think the week after v Wolves is the game to be captaining Rooney

manual_man wrote: »
    I, for one, don't think West Brom will be a walk over. They're not a bad outfit. Also, United have a Thurs eve game, some of their players might be a bit tired. I think the week after v Wolves is the game to be captaining Rooney

I didn't say it will be a walkover, I just said IF Rooney bags a hat-trick! I certainly don't think it will be a walkover at all.

manual_man wrote: »

I didn't say it will be a walkover, I just said IF Rooney bags a hat-trick! I certainly don't think it will be a walkover at all.

Lol I know I know relax. Rooney could get a hatrick. Ya never know. But I'm anticipating a tough game for United. I'm taking a gamble on Suarez me self this week. We'll see how that one works out :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Just did aguero to suarez, was tempted by pogrebnyap but Fulham are away next gameweek, they wont hammer anyone away even if it is villa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I'm thinking of doing Lindegaard (dead weight needing getting rid of for the past few weeks) -> Reina. And then making Reina captain. Even 1 clean sheet from Reina is 8 points (6 for clean sheet, 2 for other game) and add a potential 3 saves in each games and that's 10. I fancy him to keep 2 clean sheets that's 12/13/14 points potential. It'd be a safe option anyways, nearly garrunteed 6+ points. What do people think of getting him in anyway? Is it worth having an expensive keeper that keeps clean sheets regularly for the rest of the season?

Also.... a replacement for Sess that costs under 5.5 maybe? I'm thinking Miyaichi or Pilkington but Pilkington is a rotation risk. I need to free up plenty of cash as I've plans for a United midfielder in the next few weeks.

Just did aguero to suarez, was tempted by pogrebnyap but Fulham are away next gameweek, they wont hammer anyone away even if it is villa

I wouldn't be so sure. Fulham have been decent enough away and Villa have been terrible recently. Pog is looking a good choice long term anyway. They have a nice few weeks ahead of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

FatRat wrote: »
    I'm thinking of doing Lindegaard (dead weight needing getting rid of for the past few weeks) -> Reina. And then making Reina captain. Even 1 clean sheet from Reina is 8 points (6 for clean sheet, 2 for other game) and add a potential 3 saves in each games and that's 10. I fancy him to keep 2 clean sheets that's 12/13/14 points potential. It'd be a safe option anyways, nearly garrunteed 6+ points. What do people think of getting him in anyway? Is it worth having an expensive keeper that keeps clean sheets regularly for the rest of the season?

Also.... a replacement for Sess that costs under 5.5 maybe? I'm thinking Miyaichi or Pilkington but Pilkington is a rotation risk. I need to free up plenty of cash as I've plans for a United midfielder in the next few weeks.

Siggurdsson

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Siggurdsson

Sorry shoulda said. I have Ireland and Sigurdsson.

FatRat wrote: »
    DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Siggurdsson

Sorry shoulda said. I have Ireland and Sigurdsson.

The obvious one is McClean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

McClean is worth getting in sooner rather than later

Likely to rise in price as people do a straight up switch for Sess

That spare cash will fund many an Aguero to Rooney transfer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement