Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timelapse Photography

Options
  • 02-03-2012 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, this is my first timelapse animation with plasticine, just looking some opinions.. helpful criticism welcome! Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Without being too pedantic thats stop motion animation not time-lapse photography.

Good job. You need to work on your lighting and camera position. These both need to be 100% consistent for the effect to be maximized.

Here is a time lapse I did:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

^^^
    Was that a Husky and a Samoyed or 2 Huskies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

I think thats excellent especially for a first attempt!

Hogzy wrote: »
    ^^^
    Was that a Husky and a Samoyed or 2 Huskies?

3 dogs, a husky, a husky cross and a Samoyed

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Dear Mr. Lenso, why do you ask for c+C? when you don't bother your arse to either no.1. Contribute generally to the Boards.ie photo group and no.2. Even responding to those on your thread.

I'm almost arsed to say well done but think this might fall on deaf ears.

Time lapse response?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

think its really good but is more of a stop motion video rather than a time lapse, you do need to work on lighting and maybe think about changing the page for every scene next time as it does take away from some of the scenes eg.flip phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

humberklog wrote: »
    Dear Mr. Lenso, why do you ask for c+C? when you don't bother your arse to either no.1. Contribute generally to the Boards.ie photo group and no.2. Even responding to those on your thread.

Time lapse response?

Is that really called for?

• Site Banned Posts: 9 wololo

although you havn't branded any names there is phones that you do recognise and it definitely makes you think about how much technology has moved on, i'm by no means an expert but good great!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭windingo

I wouldn't worry about ^humberklog^ you have obviously just starting to use boards as a way of getting c+c which is fine. Your animation is great would maybe like to see another?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lenso

humberklog wrote: »

Time lapse response?

Thanks to everyone else for their replies they have been great really appreciate it. As for humberklog, I have just starting using boards, and sorry I didn't realise that you expect me to reply so soon I don't have much time to check on things like this. I try to once a week which I think is fair enough. Thanks for the well done though, glad you liked it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,573 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

only fair to point out that lenso appears not to be a mister either!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

That was brilliant, really original idea, and well put together!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Excellent!

Like the others said, consistant lighting and some different camera angles would work well.

And clean the board every so often.

But really, really good job with this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I think I still use the phone in the first few seconds.

Cracking time laps and please excuse the crankyness in my first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wheelbarrow001

thx very much for sharing with us!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Very innovative, the music works well too.

I made a time lapse of Stephen's Green last Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Adriatic, go for ALL manual settings, aperture, shutter speed, white balance, focal length and switch off autofocus (that is the constant movement of the picture, tiny bit in and out).
    Me thinks :-)

ThOnda wrote: »
    Adriatic, go for ALL manual settings, aperture, shutter speed, white balance, focal length and switch off autofocus (that is the constant movement of the picture, tiny bit in and out).
    Me thinks :-)

Yeah I was about to say that, lovely time lapse but I was getting seasick with the movement!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Yes, I had autofocus on apart from that it was all manual, well now I know for the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Was waiting for a remote timer to arrive for nearly 3 weeks so as soon as it did I got out & about over the weekend, short stroll around Wexford to test it out

My first real proper go at doing a timelapse, I think in the last scene I must've left the autofocus on by accident as it seems to jump slightly, also the manual focus I think might have been a bit arseways in some of the others as the pics dont seem sharp & detailed?....what I was generally doing was pressing the button half way to autofocus, letting it focus & then switching it off (is this a bit of a focusing faux pas or?)

Really wanna get a ND filter now so I can drag the shutter more in daylight (for use with my kit 18-135 as the fisheye lens is obviously curved) but not sure about the varying grades?
    Was thinking maybe the Hoya HMC ND400 67mm if anyone can advise or are the Pro1 series better?
    Have seen some reviews online saying the Pro1 "digital" series are a bit of a scam & the HMC allow more natural colour into the lens

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I'd forgotten I'd done a time-lapse at Peoples Photography last year.
    This is my one and only ever time-lapse and I'll probably never do another one (until next time;))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Snowpocalypse'd - One I did a while back...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

did one in january... it was a good learning experience!
    next one i do, will hopefully be more interesting.

Here's one of a Dublin sky in January. Didnt have screen for the GoPro at the time hence the horrible framing:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Here's one I made for a friend with help from this forum on what tools to use to create it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 openxcellaus

The given information is very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

FINALLY Got my timelapse done from Yesterday.
    Watch , enjoy... comment , share.... like... all that jazz :)

• Site Banned Posts: 152 ✭✭CUPimus

well done lenso, this is an an excellent piece of stop motion animation. would consider it time lapse though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Timelapse of the snow and a snowman i did this morning :) , sorry for the vignetting rings , compression after twice editing it brought that in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭stedabee

Here's one i did, wasnt happy with the camera setting but still worked out well, was done over 6 hours with 2 photos every minute!

Advertisement