Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No bad seats at the aviva. Really?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Zuffer

An interesting problem! I agree that would have driven me crazy.

What makes it interesting though, is that you wouldn't flag this as a problem at the design stage. Imagine some guy going around each individual seat in the empty stadium, prior to opening, and giving each one a rating. He'd give that seat 100%!

On the other hand, you have the seats in the North Stand and the front of the lower tier of the South stand. I've been unfortunate enough to be seated there for a several games (both rugby and soccer), and the view is dreadful.

I see the Leinster branch are giving season ticket holders for next season the option to 'upgrade' their Aviva seats. Previously a lot of season ticket holders were being put into the North Stand, and I was actually considering not renewing for that reason alone. Obviously I wasn't the only one who felt this way and they took feedback on board.

I was really pro the new stadium when it first opened, and it's been managed well for the most part, but it's a real pity that we're stuck with so many dud seats pretty much forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

That was the worst 57 seconds of my day.

My sympathies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,725 ✭✭✭✭phog

That's pretty bad, probably the worst I've encountered in a big stadium. The North and South stands in the RDS are poor too if you're sitting in the first few rows up from the walkway, it's like a public footpath from start to finsih of the game but more so 10 mins from ko, either side of half-time and again before the final whistle.

I guess some people like their drink, cant hold it or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

It's funny, I was sitting in pretty much a similar seat in Millennium for the H-Cup final.. and didn't have this problem.

...but that was probably because buying a pint in the millennium stadium is like getting blood from a stone. No one bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

.ak wrote: »
    It's funny, I was sitting in pretty much a similar seat in Millennium for the H-Cup final.. and didn't have this problem.

...but that was probably because buying a pint in the millennium stadium is like getting blood from a stone. No one bothered.
    They ran out of heineken before the heineken cup final started!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭MrDerp

Poor show, I must say. It can be very annoying to be constantly disturbed like that.

Just give your feedback, it's all you can do. The front 2 rows or so, where a seat faces the steps directly, should be downgraded to restricted view. To be fair, even if you closed the bars, you'd still have disruption for 5-10 mins either side of halftime, along with after a penatly is taken and after an injury. I myself regularly leg it for a piss when a kickable penalty is awarded to the opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Dear god, that was awful. Presumably there is an equivalent seat in every block of the upper stand too? They should surely go down as 'restricted view' seats and be priced accordingly.

Were the significant majority of the people going in and out women?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Not they didn't:confused:

Have to say putting seats directky at the top of the walkway is terrible design. The issue isn't really people moving about its that if anyone in that section comes or goes they totally block the view of the person in that seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

copacetic wrote: »

Not they didn't:confused:

Have to say putting seats directky at the top of the walkway is terrible design. The issue isn't really people moving about its that if anyone in that section comes or goes they totally block the view of the person in that seat.
    They certainly did in my section.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fryup wrote: »
    the bar should be closed during the game imo
    And probably lose over half of the income from the bars throughout the stadium?

well if it means improving the environment for those who are there for the sport then.. yes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

They certainly did in my section.

They didn't in mine. I know this because at half time I bought a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Podge_irl wrote: »
    They didn't in mine. I know this because at half time I bought a lot.

+1 on that. Figured that if we were going down in flames, I might as well have a few pints. And then when we turned it around, I was already in party mode. Result all round really.

Just going back to the thread title, was it suggested somewhere that were no bad seats in the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

I've been in the seats with the actual "restricted view" tag, the view was a hell of a lot better than that. Write a letter to the IRFU and let them know. Provide the link to the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭cp

Had the exact same experience in my first trip to the aviva (leinster v munster, magners league 2010) Incredibly frustrating, and there's little point loosing the rag at somebody as the next ten clowns arriving in 2 minutes later will be completely oblivious to it..

I remember there were a bunch of young lads who arrived in that day fully 15 mins late. They were also the first the make a dash for the bar five minutes before half time... I remember thinking, what in the hell was the point in coming at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

I'm just confused at the op's thread title. I think it was well known that there would be bad seats in the Aviva even before the first match. They should probably list those seats as "limited view" as they do with certain seats and of course change them to cat 3 or something.

Advertisement