Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did I pull out of my face?

Options
  • 01-03-2012 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

A few weeks back sitting in class, caressing my stubble i ran my finger over something that felt like a splinter sticking out of my chin, when i got to the bathroom I saw what looked like a VERY coarse black hair, fair enough...

..so i couldn't stop fingering it all day cause it was really pointy and thick, so when I got home I had a better look, took out a pair of tweezers and pulled it out (it came out surprisingly easy, not like plucking a hair) so there was this thick black thing, maybe just over half a centimeter long ( not overly long admittedly but still long and far too thick and strong for a chin hair) and I poked at it and studied it and couldn't work out what it was.

Fast forward to today and on the otherside I noticed another very coarse looking hair, this one was white (yes i'm gettin on) and same again I pulled it out fairly easily, but whats weird about this is that it looks like a bit of string, not as coarse as the first one, but definately made up of individual strands???

So any suggestions? my face isn't anyway weird or gross by the way. :(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

A few weeks back sitting in class, caressing my stubble i ran my finger over something that felt like a splinter sticking out of my chin, when i got to the bathroom I saw what looked like a VERY coarse black hair, fair enough...

..so i couldn't stop fingering it all day cause it was really pointy and thick, so when I got home I had a better look, took out a pair of tweezers and pulled it out (it came out surprisingly easy, not like plucking a hair) so there was this thick black thing, maybe just over half a centimeter long ( not overly long admittedly but still long and far too thick and strong for a chin hair) and I poked at it and studied it and couldn't work out what it was.

Fast forward to today and on the otherside I noticed another very coarse looking hair, this one was white (yes i'm gettin on) and same again I pulled it out fairly easily, but whats weird about this is that it looks like a bit of string, not as coarse as the first one, but definately made up of individual strands???

Pchkschkchkchkchckhckhckhckhckhckhckhc....teeheehee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Sebum in a blocked pore.
    You pulled out a sebaceous cyst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

It's obviously gross and weird if there is back and White strings hanging out of it?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

Thanks for letting us know but maybe you should go to the dr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

<Insert ''the fly'' clip here>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

male or female?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I think someone's growing their first moustache!

Bless. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

twas a Growth. The same one you pull out to smear the blood of all over your cell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Ohhhhhh, sounds like stage seven. St. Clabberts for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭storker

That sounds like what they call an ingrown hair and I think it's caused by bad shaving technique, although I can't remember the details.

A sebaceous cyst is bigger, I think. I had to have surgery to remove one of those last year.

Stork

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Would you be so kind as to post up some pictures? I'm afraid we cannot make an accurate diagnosis without them.

*clasps hands together*

/looks over glasses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

You're turning into BrundleFly... not human... be afraid, be very afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Earwig eggs - that's what it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

It was probably the start of Face AIDS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

POGTFO.

maybe not actually..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭northernpower

male or female?

with stubble?

and I just had a look at sebaceous cysts, definately not i'm afraid, it was literally a thing that looked like a splinter and a thing that looked like a string.

I might be able to get a pic of the stringy thing up, but not the one from a few weeks ago, i don't hold on to that sort of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Badhb

What you uncovered was the secret microchip implanted while you were asleep. Only specially chosen candidates were chosen for this initial testing, under very careful parameters. These scientific considerations renders your assertation 'my face isn't anyway weird or gross by the way.' utterly false in the face of our careful procedures of selection.

Now, I cannot disclose the nature of this experiment, as it is top secret. Just rest assured, we, and your government have your best interests at heart, and indeed the society we live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

with stubble?

and I just had a look at sebaceous cysts, definately not i'm afraid, it was literally a thing that looked like a splinter and a thing that looked like a string.

I might be able to get a pic of the stringy thing up, but not the one from a few weeks ago, i don't hold on to that sort of stuff.

some women have stronger growth than men:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

with stubble?

hey, i'm not judging you lady

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Sounds like the early stages of the Plague unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Ok pics, not great, from cameraphone

one is wild blurry but shows scale compared to tweezers, and the other you can see 'fraying' like a string

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Ok pics, not great, from cameraphone

one is wild blurry but shows scale compared to tweezers, and the other you can see 'fraying' like a string

Check out that link I posted, I googled "pulled strange hair from face" and it led me to that, the video is a bit weird but some of the hairs look like what you describe...

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

How do you shave?

Regularly, with a sharp, good quality razor, or once in a while with a cheap plastic razor, or an electric one?

lastlaugh wrote: »
    Check out that link I posted, I googled "pulled strange hair from face" and it led me to that, the video is a bit weird but some of the hairs look like what you describe...

yeah i looked at that, very strange, according to wikipaedia joni mitchell thinks its gonna blow up one of her organs??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Weirdest thread ever..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 d1992

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Have you been munching on a homeless persons arse by any chance ?

• Advertisement

How do you shave?

Regularly, with a sharp, good quality razor, or once in a while with a cheap plastic razor, or an electric one?

about once a week / 2 weeks with a beard trimmer, so constant stubble which is probably why i never saw the first thing until I felt it, and today I probably shaved closer than I have in a long time and noticed this coarse white hair, which ordinarily I would've left but after the last one I was suspicious, but as I said before, they were both very different?

Advertisement