Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man of War IV

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Main Card

Pro Middleweight Title
    Henry Fadipe (MMA Lucan) V Ronan McKay (EFR) - Corner Stoppage - Fadipe refused to answer the bell for round 3

Pro Bantamweight Title
    Peter Doyle (Team Ryano) V Neil McGuigan (EFR) - by Sub (Americana) Rd 2

C Class Middleweight Title
    Konrad Iwanowski (Team Ryano) V Staz (MMA Clinic) - Decision

C Class Light Heavyweight
    Przemyslaw Chmil (Phoenix Martial Arts Longford) V Sean Crowe (FAI) Sub RNC rd 2

C Class Welterweight Number One Contender Match up
    Anzor Atsaev (MMA Lucan) V Ciaran Daly (MMA Clinic) - Decision

C Class Welterweight
    John Regan (Team Balance) V Tommy Hogan (RFA) - TKO RD 3

C Class Bantamweight
    Rob Coburn (Legends) V Hugh Walker (FAI) - Split Draw

C Class Flyweight
    Ryan Curtis (Primal MMA) V Paddy Copeland (F.A.I) Sub - RNC Round 2

C Class Lightweight
    Dario Sinagoga (Legends) V Gelegonya Szabolcs (Cork City Combat Sambo) winner by DQ - Illegal soccer kick to downed opponent.

C Class Middleweight
    Ian McNeill (IFS) V Paul Lawrence (RFA) - TKO rd 2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Thanks Niall. Saw some facebook pics. Looked like a good crowd in.

How did the headline go down? Did Henry take too much damage? McKay is a tidy fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

How did the headline go down? Did Henry take too much damage? McKay is a tidy fighter.

great event, thought the junior card was more exciting than the main one, really neat venue / set up - first non CC event and I must say well done, very enjoyable and well run.

thought Tommy Hogan was excellent.

Henry, was Henry, promised a lot delivered little - he was dominated and you could see he was not fight fit

I think he broke mentally more than anything, he just couldnt handle McKays grappling, If Henry wants to keep fighting pro he needs to work on his grappling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

Who won the teens title ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭MMA Lucan

Just in regard to Henry. After round 2 he was admittedly down 2 rounds & had suffered a cut on his left cheek. Henry was visibly drained leading up to the fight following a tough weight cut & he & his coaching team made the call to not continue & risk the cut opening into a much worse wound. Ronan did a great job of controlling the fight & we would like to congratulate him & his team. We would also like to apologise to the fans, but im sure you can appreciate that fighter safety is paramount, & we felt that in this case our fighter was not in a situation to properly defend himself for another round. Henry is a young man of only 20 years old, & still learning in the game. He doesnt back down from any challenge, as you can see by the calibre of opponents he takes on (JMS, Ryan Kelly, Ronan McKay etc). He will continue to keep working hard & will use this & past disappointments as a huge learning experience. Again a big congratulations to Ronan, & Stefan on a great promotion

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

was judging at this show and 2 things came to mind watching it
    1- its amazing how david jones can maintain that level of concentration for all those fights!
    2- we need to get some uniformity on the amateur level gloves. one guy had gloves on that reminded me of bruce lee's from Enter the Dragon, some were in bad condition and some where pretty borderline 'pro' looking.
    i think the rival ones are very good for what its worth. as the amateur's are fighting for free and probably responsible for a large % of ticket sales i think it should be on the promoter to provide a new pair for each fight.

anyway i enjoyed the show, stef runs a tight ship and everything ran smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

We supply gloves at chaos and I see no reason why all shows can't do this

I like man of war. They always look after the fighters

The kids show was well run too. I really don't get ppl who ate against this. I saw skill levels on display that are as good or better than c class fight and even some pro I have watched

Not a go at stef but as we discussed the rule thing needs sorted and I see no real reason why a kid can't do all leg locks apart from heel hooks. They do them at the leagues.

If anything the shoulder joint is much more easily damaged than the knee.

Most injuries in our gym happen in takedowns or during stand up.

I really do feel we need to have kids competing in an environment like this.

Good show MoW

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

The kids show was well run too. I really don't get ppl who ate against this. I saw skill levels on display that are as good or better than c class fight and even some pro I have watched

if you think the objections were to do with the skill level you really missed the point.
    Not a go at stef but as we discussed the rule thing needs sorted and I see no real reason why a kid can't do all leg locks apart from heel hooks.

the unclear rule system for teens is just one of the problems. allowing teens do all leg locks is crazy imho.
    If anything the shoulder joint is much more easily damaged than the knee.

gotta call you up on that one. what are you basing that statement on? over the years i've had a lot of guys require knee surgery, cant think of a single one requiring shoulder surgery. even that statement is only anecdotal.
    Most injuries in our gym happen in takedowns or during stand up.

interesting to note. i think takedowns are the most dangerous aspect of mma.
    I really do feel we need to have kids competing in an environment like this.

why?

on a note i do think its only myself and andy ryan that coach kids mma and are against this. so there is plenty of kids/clubs fighting, not exactly lacking.
    Good show MoW

well we agree on one thing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Legends MMA Gym

Junior Card

Junior Featherweight Title
    John Bradley (Evolve) V Carl McCann (DMMA)
    Majority draw

4 Man Tournament Final
    Alex Vieru (Legends) V Fionnan Simpson (RFA)
    Split decision

68kg
    Shamil Atviv (MMA Lucan) V Luke Tyrell (RFA)
    Split decision

68kg
    Sean Treacy (Legends) V Shane Cunningham (RFA)
    Round 1 via Armbar

63kg
    James Sheehan (Kokoro) V Shane Logan (MMA Lucan)
    Round 1 via Armbar

61kg
    Alex Budiou (Kokoro) V Eric Healy (RFA)
    Round 3 via RNC

55kg
    Steven Mooney (MMA Lucan) V Gavin McLaughlin (FAI)
    Round 2 via Referee stoppage

54kg
    Dylan Tuke (Kokoro) V Cianan Simpson (RFA)
    Round 2 via guillotine

50kg 4 man tournament (Fionnan Simpson receives a by to the final)
    Semi Final
    Alex Vieru (Legends) V Ahmed Chechen (MMA Lucan)
    Round 1 via Armbar

The junior show was a great success with all fighters showing great levels of skill, I think it is safe to say that the future of Irish MMA is looking very bright! On a separate note regarding the rules issue, I can see no reason why all clubs cannot come together in agreement on a rule set that will allow the progression of junior mma to prosper and encourage more clubs to participate knowing that fighter safety is paramount (as it always is).

Thanks to all the clubs involved in the junior show!

• Advertisement

Main Card

Pro Middleweight Title
    Henry Fadipe (MMA Lucan) V Ronan McKay (EFR)
    End of Round 2 via TKO (refusal to come out to round 3)

Pro Bantamweight Title
    Peter Doyle (Team Ryano) V Neil McGuigan (EFR)
    Round 2, 3mins 32secs via Americana (verbal tap)

C Class Middleweight Title
    Konrad Iwanowski (Team Ryano) V Staz (MMA Clinic)
    Judges Decision - Unanimous

C Class Light Heavyweight
    Przemyslaw Chmil (Phoenix Martial Arts Longford) V Sean Crowe (FAI)
    Round 2, 2mins 09secs via RNC

C Class Welterweight Number One Contender Match up
    Anzor Atsaev (MMA Lucan) V Ciaran Daly (MMA Clinic)
    Judges Decision - Unanimous

Interval - 15min

C Class Welterweight
    John Regan (Team Balance) V Tommy Hogan (RFA)
    Round 3, 00mins 33secs via TKO (GnP)

C Class Bantamweight
    Rob Coburn (Legends) V Hugh Walker (FAI)
    Judges Decision - Split Draw

C Class Flyweight
    Ryan Curtis (Primal MMA) V Paddy Copeland (F.A.I)
    Round 2, 2mins 08secs via RNC

C Class Lightweight
    Dario Sinagoga (Legends) V Gelegonya Szabolcs (Cork City Combat Sambo)
    Round 2, 2mins 25secs via DQ (head kick while grounded)

C Class Middleweight
    Ian McNeill (IFS) V Paul Lawrence (RFA)
    Round 2, 00mins 36secs via TKO (GnP)

Official results completed by Gillian Wallace.

Thanks for all the feedback. We are always trying to improve the sport and quality of the event and the glove issue is one that I have looked at and I agree that there does need to be a standard glove used and we will be supplying all gloves from our next event on. Many thanks for all the support and we will continue to improve our shows and do what we can to promote Irish MMA.

Staying on the positive side of things the standard of fights were great, personally I would give Ryan Curtis Fighter of the night, he looked very sharp on all levels and we look forward to having Ryan on our future shows.I would give Fight of the night to Rob Coburn V Hugh Walker who both demonstrated great skill and heart for all 3 rounds, definitely ones to watch in the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Sorry i couldn't make it, something came up last minute

Will the show be airing on tv or online at all?

I would give Ryan Curtis Fighter of the night, he looked very sharp on all levels and we look forward to having Ryan on our future shows.
    I would agree on that, Ryan transitioned smoothly between good striking and grappling skills.

SevereMMA wrote: »
    Sorry i couldn't make it, something came up last minute

Will the show be airing on tv or online at all?
    There will be a DVD made and there is also a documentary being made so we will keep you posted when and where these will be available from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dylan Kokoro Tuke

i would just like to thank you again stefan it is a great chance to be on such a high level show and get to show what i can do in the cage:) hreat experience looking forward to the next man of war:) well done stef:D

Advertisement