Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vision Stardust/Vision Ego

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

flids.utd wrote: »
    Maybe you were just unlucky Stevenmu
    I got 2 of these last week low res and have been using 1 since without cleaning just to see how it went and I've had no probblems with it, no burnt taste, no dry hits but it discolours the juice pretty bad now time to clean.
    I even ordered more yesterday, safercigs had no low res left so I ordered from ukliquids
    Got some pre punched carts today and they have way better vapour but I like the vision/stardust
    but then again I like the ce3s!!

I hope you're right, I really like the idea of these, they're so close to being amazing. In fact I was putting an order into healthcabin anyway so I added one on. I probably should have waited to how Sir Digby's worked out, but hopefully they'll be much better than the ones I got previously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i went for the slow shipping option so if you waited for me you'd be waiting until april (possibly may!)

That's what I went for too, is it really that bad?

i dont actually know, i went for the faster shipping the other time I ordered from them

"USA,Canada,UK 80% 15~40 business days" is what it says on their site, so I'd imagine Ireland is roughly in the same timeframe.
    although 15-40 days is a pretty huge timeframe.

showing how to open the new version of the stardusts that weren't as easy to open

so once yuou have it open you can just use the methods in his other videos to clean or rewick I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭flids.utd

The first time I ordered from health cabin was slow delivery, took just over 2 and a half weeks, everytime since use the quick and it takes 8-9days. Got 600ml of dekang and a few bits and bobs a few weeks ago but they had no punched cartos or visions at that time,they got them in the next week..typical
    I'm starting to wonder what shelf live is on juice just in case any of the bans or duty comes into any other country because Ireland will just jump on the bandwagon and nail us to the wall overnight. Might be worth stocking up anytime I've a spare few quid

i think it's around 2 years for juices

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

There's no killing this thing. Coming close to 100ml through it now and still going although I have to clean it every second day now and had to up to voltage to 4.5. I'd say taking it apart won't do much good unless I recoil it and don't want to bother with that. It's good value as it lasts so long, easy to fill but it drinks juice and the throat hit can be a bit harsh.

everyone says it drinks juice.. how much are we talking about here, how often do you fill it a day and.. roughly how much do you vape?

everyone says it drinks juice.. how much are we talking about here, how often do you fill it a day and.. roughly how much do you vape?

I usually alternate between several devices but since I got the Stardust I've been mainly using it just to see how long it would last. I'd say I fill it four or five times a day...maybe more. Normally I'd vape between 3 and 4mls/day but with this thing it's closer to 10....you'd definitely want to be mixing your own juice.

• Advertisement

jesus christ 10mls a day?

if it's goodI'll definitely use one but.. I think only in pretty rare circumstances

mother of god that's some serious juice eating

It wasn't quite as bad for me, I'd normally use about 2ml a day and was going through maybe 3.5ml to 4ml with the stardust. Maybe that's why I kept getting the dry burnt taste :)

if it's goodI'll definitely use one but.. I think only in pretty rare circumstances

There's a chap on Vapourtrails.tv who goes through around 20mls of 36mg per day. 10mls/day on an Ego,iMist or similar would kill me and probably be impossible...as I said 3/4mls would be normal, but this Stardust eats juice...I think most of it goes on vapour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

That juice consumption also correlates to more vapour and hence more nic. You'd want to be using lower nic at that level of juice consumption I'd imagine.

i thnk i might just use the stardust for store bought juices rather than the diy abortions I concoct myself. so a vape here and there, try to make 5ml of a particularly loved juice last a week :)

That juice consumption also correlates to more vapour and hence more nic. You'd want to be using lower nic at that level of juice consumption I'd imagine.

Well, I feel the same, no shakes, ticker isn't racing, bp is grand. People on other forums are saying the same about the Stardust...their juice consumption has doubled since they started to use it. I won't be buying another...will keep the LR one I have as a spare.

just got one of these day, 2.1-2.4 ohm
    rockin it on the lavatube at 4.3V
    so far vapour is pretty incredible but flavour isn't great, but I've heard you have to run through a tank or two before it really starts to shine

the wicks on mine are a lot shorter than the videos I originally saw, guess I have the v2.

ive also only take like.. 5-6 drags and it's gone down a notch on the juice ml counter.. jesus christ

--edit
    lol, down another notch. my god.

im having to tip this thing over every drag or two to rewet the wicks. im not sure if it's because of how short they are, even when the juice is filled tro the 1.6 line the wicks are barely in the juice.
    flavour is beginning to improve but having to pay constant attention to the wick to avoid that scratchy feeling in the back of my throat is pretty annoying.

used about 1.2-1.4ml since my last post, so definitely not an all day device or I'll be on 10+ ml's a day

-edit
    just dropped the lavatube down to 3.7 and weirdly the vape has improved. bit more flavour, more throat hit.. but more importantly no scratchy/burning taste.

also not crazy about the draw.. very very tight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Got one of these today from Health Cabin.
    http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1076_1125&products_id=8028
    I hope to get a decent amount of time out of it which would depend on how much i use it etc.
    Few people are asking me for suggestions on what to get starting off and i think this might be ideal with Joyetech batteries. Also wanted something for when playing golf instead of dripping into the Bulli.
    I got the 1.8 Ohm - 2 Ohm and it's measuring at 2 Ohms.
    The flavour is decent enough, no leaking so far and as mentioned there is a tight draw with it.
    Simple and easy to fill letting new users to see what's going on, big improvement to when i last used tanks which was the eGo type A.
    I read before using it that it takes 1ml of juice to fill up to the 1.6ml mark and so it did.

Had one of those days earlier and needed a higher nic juice to which i put into this, wicking fine etc but did'nt seem to eat the juice as mentioned in some of the posts earlier about it.

Then i put some low nic juice in and it seems to be taking that alot quicker unless it's just the atty itself breaking in.

Decent atty taht looks great for $3:90 (€3:00)
    A weeks use would be fantastic value, anything more would be a bonus.

I had one of the short wick ones and the draw was just way too tight for me on the eGo batteries. I filed a couple of grooves into the base and it improved the draw a lot.

They are well built in fairness and pretty easy to rebuild too cos the coil is not soldered but I cracked the tank trying to get it off.

No leaks from it though prior to that.

• Advertisement

Yeah was reading the short wick ones struggled a bit wicking so went for the long wick one.
    Will have a look at the grooves tomorrow and probably order a few more more for friends as it seems ideal for starting out.

Read it's tougher getting the tank off in this newer version, will look into it.

No hassle with this, just pour liquid in and off ya go which is ideal for new users.

if it does work well then yeah it'd be a great one (although the one I had even though it performed terribly still drank juice faster than a line).
    I might order one of the long wick ones just to try out but I'm sticking with my "never met a clearomiser that wasn't ****e" line until I do.

I've never tried any clearomisers before so i have nothing to compare to, it just seems to work fine and that it would suit a newbie vaper.

I had one of the short wick ones and the draw was just way too tight for me on the eGo batteries. I filed a couple of grooves into the base and it improved the draw a lot.

Ya added another couple notches to what's already there is it?

Yeah. I don't have it with me to look again but I filed those 2 a lot deeper using a file. I was able to see the threads.

Yeah. I don't have it with me to look again but I filed those 2 a lot deeper using a file. I was able to see the threads.

Nice one, will give that a go so.

There are four notches on it at the moment so will make a couple deeper and see if any difference. Seems to be getting a bit more airy the more i use it.

Fella on UKVapers got a few and said one was a tight draw but the others were fine.

If it keeps going the way it is i will get a few more.

Also realised how much the repairables lash the juice out of it, this thing uses so much less.

I only bought 1 and it was very tight. I might try to pull the base off again and rewick and recoil it though now that I have 78565 years supply of wire and wick!

haha we know who to go to if we are ever stuck for wick.
    Have a nice bit there as well to keep me going.
    Will have to have a look at the repairing vids for the vision.

Been dripping for ages now, just a nice change to have something like that to vape.

I saw a video on it and it looked pretty straightforward assuming that the damn thing was disassembled. I couldn't get the base off though that time.

Some people seem to swear by clearo's. I never had one that worked for me though. At least these are well built though.

• Advertisement

A quick flick through some threads on forums say it's hard to get off alright, will try it when this one dies off.

I won't be using it all the time but it is very convenient to have, so simple to just fill, no leaks and as you say it's a solid build.

Advertisement