Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show - February 25th, 2012.

Options
  • 25-02-2012 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭

Here is Brendan's guest list for this evening:

Coming up on the show this week Hollywood actor and star of Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill, Michael Madsen tells us about his life as a dedicated father, poet and photographer. He will recite some of his poetry on the programme.

Bernard Dunne and Ray Foley explain those mysterious posters that are around the country and set the nation a challenge.

Vegetarian sensations the Happy Pear twins Stephen and David Flynn tell us about life as identical twins and how being vegetarian has changed their lifestyle and inspired them to open their own restaurant.

Jessica Lawlor, fiancée of Stephen Ireland tells us about her upcoming acting role in a London musical and what life is like as a wag.

Music on the night will be performed by Sligo trad band JP Trio

Also on the show: Three of the Operation Transformation Leaders.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Bernard Dunne and Ray Foley are promoting a new Irish Language campaign and a TV Show which Dunne will be presenting.
    A host of big-name celebrities have put their names behind a new campaign to get people dusting off their Irish - and speaking the language again.

Experience

It's being spearheaded by former champion boxer Bernard Dunne. Other well-known participants include Lucy Kennedy, Ben Dunne, Baz Ashmawy, and Jennifer Maguire speaking about their own experiences of the subject matter.

The 'tryagain2012' campaign relates to the new RTE television show which is to be hosted by Bernard.

"He is hoping to get the country talking in a way that they probably did as children but mostly don't any more," said a source.

"People will be surprised by the idea behind the suggestive campaign but it's a really Irish idea."

All will be revealed this weekend on the Saturday Night Show on February 25.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/teaser-poster-campaign-thats-got-the-whole-country-wondering-3027153.html

I won't be around for tonight's Show but I hope you all enjoy it :)

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Vegetarian sensations the Happy Pear twins Stephen and David Flynn, tell us about life as identical twins and how being vegetarian has changed their lifestyle and inspired them to open their own restaurant.

Sorry Brendan, we have already had one set of identical twin 'sensations' this weekend.

You need to find identical triplets or quads, twins are soooo yesterday :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Bernard Dunne and Ray Foley.

They're the only two in tonights line up that I've ever heard of.

And I wouldn't cross the road to see either of them if they were giving away free smarties.

Pub it is then tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Lapin wrote: »
    They're the only two in tonights line up that I've ever heard of.

Lapin, I had to google Michael Madsen earlier as I had never heard of him either. He does seem to have appeared in a few high profile films in his day. Apparently, he was offered the role of Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction but he turned it down due to scheduling conflicts with a Kevin Costner film he was involved in (Wyatt Earp). The role was later offered to John Travolta and helped to relaunched his career.

I'm not a fan of violent films so I've only seen Madsen in the film, Free Willy :o

Michael Madsen tells us about his life as a dedicated father, poet and photographer. He will recite some of his poetry on the programme.

All credit to Michael Madsen's Poetry and Photography, at the end of the day, but he will always be remembered as Mr.Blonde from Reservoir Dogs.

In particular the 'Stuck In the Middle' scene. Warning: It is on Youtube, but it's very disturbing. Contains torture and graphic violence. Not for the squeamish or faint-hearted. Probably some flash photography too.

• Advertisement

Aha.

Now I know who he is.

Yer man who tied the cop to a chair, cut his ear off, then poured petrol over him only to get shot in the back himself by the other (rat) cop before he had a chance to light the fire.

I'm with ya now.

Still not enough to keep me indoors tonight though. :)

Lapin wrote: »
    Aha.

Now I know who he is.
    Yer man who tied the cop to a chair, cut his ear off, then poured petrol over him only to get shot in the back himself by the other (rat) cop before he had a chance to light the fire.

I'm with ya now.

Still not enough to keep me indoors tonight though. :)
    Lapin, I really needed to read those details :(:(:(:D

Lapin, I really needed to read those details :(:(:(:D

Block your eyes and ears tonight then because you can be sure BOC will bring it up. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

unfortunately, michael madsen will more than likely just be asked what he thinks of georgia salpa.
    stephen ireland's girlfriend though? i wonder will she mention her attempts at relaunching his long over international career??

Good Evening Folks!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Good Evening Folks!!!

A very Good Evening to yourself

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Jaysis these lot are making the best of their fifteen minutes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

he also shaved his locks to tilt the scales that little bit more.

amdublin wrote: »
    Jaysis these lot are making the best of their fifteen minutes :rolleyes:
    I'm delighted for them, they have done well but there was an hour long reveal programme only a few days ago, I wonder why RTE feel we need to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

BRENDAN.....WATCH IT NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Digging a hole again Brendan:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

was it last week some woman lost 10st and climbed everest?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Very pretty girl.....but i'm assuming plus size modelling??

Good on her shes lovely looking girl.

She has a lovely face, I'd say she would get lots of catalogue work.

• Advertisement

Well a far better size then skin and bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Nice of Michael Madsen to dress up for the show.

I wouldn't be too happy with Brendan if I was Adrian's wife.

Woo hoo!

He's so cool :)

Is he p1ssed??

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Moves like Jagger.

Whos this chap?

Is he p1ssed??

I think so :D

Or else green room stash :cool:

This is like the Michael Barrymore interview all over :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Methinks that BOC is gonna find this an even harder interview than Marco Pierre White last week.

Advertisement