Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta Ireland Confirm UPC will have Full F1 2012 Coverage

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

lolie wrote: »
    Whats the story with Canvas? Can it be got with Astra19 satellite free to air? If it could be got and has no add breaks it would be better than RTL

According to wikipedia Canvas is not FTA and you need a smartcard to view it on satellite. I presume you would need a Belgian address to get your hands on the smartcard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_Vlaanderen_Digitaal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭lolie

recyclebin wrote: »
    According to wikipedia Canvas is not FTA and you need a smartcard to view it on satellite. I presume you would need a Belgian address to get your hands on the smartcard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_Vlaanderen_Digitaal

Looks like its RTL and James Allen so, like itv but with no Brundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

About Canvas, when i lived in Holland we had belgium tv on the cable. I didn't realise wether they did satellite. Sorry for the confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

The first few seasons Setanta covered F1 there were ad breaks every few minutes maddening. They used to time it with ITVs Ad breaks. :mad:

Worse still, during some of the far eastern races they didn't always have ads to actually show, and it was just a hold screen for two minutes. (happened on UTV too - but at least they were waiting for the other ITV regions.)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭daveyid89

Ive missed the last two or three gps so maybe this is not the first weekend this happened. But why is the qualifying and race on Setanta Sports and not Setanta Ireland? Were they not supposed to show all of the races on Setanta Ireland, thus broadcasting all races for free to UPC users?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,446 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Bad form setanta! I was going to order all the sports channels (including setanta) for the football season, but they've just lost a customer!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Ah feck sake no F1 for me on UPC today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

conzymaher wrote: »
    Ah feck sake no F1 for me on UPC today

And none tomorrow either - F1 is on Setanta 1 tomorrow.

Bizzarely Setanta showed 3rd practice session at 8pm tonight not the actual qualification.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I'm blaming UPC on this one, they promised live coverage of F1 this year at no extra cost - they have broken their promise. So I have lodged a complaint; we'll see where it goes in coming days...

What I don't understand is that The Open is on both BBC and Setanta Ireland - BBC don't show ads, so most people looking at the golf would probably go to BBC for their coverage.

**edit, as a matter of interest, which FTA channels are best for tuning on satellite? From reading some forums there's RTL on 19.2, or TF1 on 9E. I think RTL is in SD and TF1 is in HD. Is this the case? Which one tends to have least amount of ads?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement