Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirmed Fixes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Love it, I hope they all follow on the 360 version..my favourites are

-Unguided tank rounds and RPGs will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters.

-Increased the damage the MBT's primary weapon does to the front and side armor of other main battle tanks. Primarily this means 1 less shot to the front, and very good hits to the side can result in a 1 hit to disable.

-Reduced the locking time for AA Missiles for Jets to make them more viable against air targets

-The IGLA and Stinger now lock on much more quickly and disable an attack aircraft in 1 hit, but have significantly reduced range. This should allow Stingers to mount an effective close range point defense, without dominating an entire airspace.

-Reduced the damage AA guns (both mobile and stationary) do to infantry.

-The MAV can no longer be used as an elevator.

-Players may now use their knife to destroy enemy equipment.

-C4 will no longer be detonable after a player respawns, if the player is revived within 5 seconds he can still detonate his C4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Delighted with this one!
    -C4 will no longer be detonable after a player respawns, if the player is revived within 5 seconds he can still detonate his C4.

Sad to see this go, but it's probably for the best. We had our fun C4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

The MAV will now be destroyed when running into a soldier or vehicle at high speed. It is still possible to strategically sacrifice your MAV on a soldier; it will be destroyed in the process.

-The M224 Mortar can no longer be deployed in an area that is out of combat for another team like a home base or other protected spawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    The M224 Mortar can no longer be deployed in an area that is out of combat for another team like a home base or other protected spawn.

While this is a good thing. I will miss the ability to use the mortar in Metro when being spawn killed in an uneven game. Using the Mortar in the RU spawnpoint was the only way I got kills in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

yeah but to be honest with ya mate, the best thing to do in that situation is not just try get some kills while staying out of range.

you need to break out of the spawn, and thats only gona happen if the entire team try it, not just some of them, while others sit back.

thats why sniping doesnt work when your locked in your spawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

-Guided Rockets will now only track ground targets, as originally intended.

Does this mean no more nailing of laser-painted helis and planes with the Javelin and guided tank shell?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Creature wrote: »
    Does this mean no more nailing of laser-painted helis and planes with the Javelin and guided tank shell?
    Guided Rockets are a smarter version of standard attack heli rockets.

Sad to see after death C4 detonate going, no more kamikaze runs for me :(
    Flares breaking a javelin lock will cause problems, it was the only way of stopping a raping heli crew...
    Nice to see the havoc getting a buff too.

There was talk of the M98B getting a big nerf to make it no more powerful than the other bolt actions and stop people whoring it in hardcore but doesn't seem to be on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭umpsfar

Added Horns to all Jeeps.
    \O/
    (the last thing ull hear)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Creature wrote: »

The wording is ambiguous, you can lock onto ground targets with guided shell/javelin without laser designation, but I think you can also lock onto MAVs. So it might just be restricting what the javelin/guided shell can lock without SOFLAM/CITV.
    -Laser Guided missiles can now be distracted by Flares.

If you couldn't still lase choppers, then there'd be no point updating flares to do this.

Meanwhile,
    -The Mi28 has received upgrades to its climbing and yawing abilities.
    -Fixed an issue where guided rockets from the Mi28 did not follow the crosshair properly.
    -Improved the accuracy of the Mi28 gun to match the AH1 gun.

Weird that they're reporting three buffs to the Mi28-Havoc when they could just make it identical to the AH-1Z Viper and no one would complain. That might be what they've done, but it's unclear.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

-Added Horns to all Jeeps.

Please, please, please :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL_WdWZLLKw&feature=youtu.be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Flares breaking a javelin lock will cause problems, it was the only way of stopping a raping heli crew...
    Pretty much :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

thats me done with bf3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Your kind won't be missed

how about a ban on players using wallhacks, rather than a reset to zero.:mad:

Idd.

Reset to zero should be optional.
    I'd happily start over :D (and be moaning 10 mins later)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

for me the game needs a performance and stability overhaul - I could live with a little weapon imbalance if the game ran at 60+ fps like every other game i have does.

of whats here:

I like:

-Players should no longer take fall damage from short falls.

-Slightly reduced the effective blast radius of the RPG, SMAW, and 40mm grenade projectiles against infantry.

-Added Horns to all Jeeps.

-Reduced the damage AA guns (both mobile and stationary) do to infantry.

what I would like to see

"numerous tweaks and optimisations to game engine so that it not longer sucks"

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Your kind won't be missed

made the city maps more interesting, and actually allowed snipers to provide some input to the game.

sniper class is just a waste now.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    made the city maps more interesting, and actually allowed snipers to provide some input to the game.

Why ? because they might have to actually use ladders and stairs to get to places ?
    They can get to about 10x the places they could in BF2.
    Not to mention they have MAVs and SOFLAMs, Spanwbeacons and TUGs...and the use of many PDW and other great guns.

The sniper wasn't meant to be an almighty god who could kill from generally inaccessible areas in BF

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Really looking forward to an rpg taking out a heli with 1 shot. Went back to the engie class this week for a while and hit a few eli's with the RPG only for them to fly off.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

You're obviously not playing the class right then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Really looking forward to an rpg taking out a heli with 1 shot. Went back to the engie class this week for a while and hit a few eli's with the RPG only for them to fly off.

That was me lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I save the M16 for you.

Actually had a good crack last night, shot 5 pilots out of the littlebird last night on nosehairs with the M27, including kitten twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Anyone needing guidence on the sniper front should ask Plaguemarine for help

He's an animal

@ Mickfitz ..yeah Horse was crying saying on ts about the rpg incident that last night alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I make plenty input to the team while sniping from the ground and from laddered buildings. You're obviously doing something wrong if the only way you can think of contributing is with MAV elevators.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

No VOIP, No VOIP, and No VOIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

He probably hates getting his tags taken. Anyway MAV elevators really only worked/were annoying on one or two city levels. The rest heli's were available to take down the sniper and his spawn beacon.

I'll glad to see the back of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Lanaier wrote: »
    No VOIP, No VOIP, and No VOIP.

And would you use VOIP when there is teamspeak, vent and mumble which are far better. Thats unless your on console which im sure it would be needed.

I always found i knocked VOIP off due to all the kiddys screaming.

And would you use VOIP when there is teamspeak, vent and mumble which are far better. Thats unless your on console which im sure it would be needed.

I always found i knocked VOIP off due to all the kiddys screaming.
    no need to bring your personel life into this.
    going back to my bf2 days, i would play on a squad for a while then after a good game i would create my own squad name and ask other decent players to join, no screaming kiddies, but then back then kiddies didnt get new PC's because its wednesday

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Why ? because they might have to actually use ladders and stairs to get to places ?
    They can get to about 10x the places they could in BF2.
    Not to mention they have MAVs and SOFLAMs, Spanwbeacons and TUGs...and the use of many PDW and other great guns.

The sniper wasn't meant to be an almighty god who could kill from generally inaccessible areas in BF

i play oman and karkand only, oman is fine, chopper jumps are still usable. but karkand is crap for sniping unless you can get to a decent vantage point.

its a game, its meant ot be fun, if my idea of fun is to use the mav to get up on top of buildings then thats my thing! most fun in the game for me is the huge sniper battles going on in all the karkand servers.
    You're obviously not playing the class right then.

yeh, obviously :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I've said it in another thread here, but one of the funniest things you can do is find a sniper on top of a building, then with your MAV nudge him off. They're always too disorientated to be able to open their chute when they fall. Just don't forget to blow up his spawn beacon before you head off to get someone else, unless you want to do it again that is :pac:

Advertisement