Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Story (Wii)

Options
  • 23-02-2012 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Anyone else looking forward to this game. It'll be released on Friday. It is a JRPG, which is always good, we haven't had much of them in recent times.

Nobuo Uematsu provided the OST. The game developer is Mistwalker, whose president Hironobu Sakaguchi founded Final Fantasy.

Here are the scores so far:

Meristation: 9/10
    XGN: 9/10
    Official Nintento Magazine UK: 8.6/10
    3DJuegos: 8.5/10
    Nintendo Life: 8/10
    Video Games: 8/10
    Nintendo Universe: 9/10
    Borderstown: 9/10
    Vandal - 9.2/10
    noobfeed - 90/10
    Famitsu: 38/40 (10/10, 10/10, 9/10, 9/10)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have the limited ed on order from amazon,ha I love how the yanks have to wait a while before they get this :-D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have it pre-ordered. Can't wait although I've zelda and Xenoblade still to finish.

It really looks like no other game, definitely not like any other RPG. You can tak cover, there's stealth shots in first person and the battle system is completely real time and takes place in the environment it's initiated in. It's more about drawing aggro from enemies and herding them into the area effect spells of enemies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Have it pre-ordered. Can't wait although I've zelda and Xenoblade still to finish.

It really looks like no other game, definitely not like any other RPG. You can tak cover, there's stealth shots in first person and the battle system is completely real time and takes place in the environment it's initiated in. It's more about drawing aggro from enemies and herding them into the area effect spells of enemies.

Did you order from amazon too?how much is it costing you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ordered from amazon as well. Think it's 39 sterling including shipping. Supersaver so free shipping in fact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Will the the mostly be RPG?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Have it pre-ordered in GAME but I'm not holding my breath on them actually getting it.

I made an order on Tuesday at 3PM with game.co.uk. I checked just there and they haven't shipped the game yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-23-game-cancels-the-last-story-preorders-refunds-deposits

Bastids. Don't think I'll be pre-ordering anything from GAME again - you simply can't count on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Anyone know any other high street store thats selling the limited edition because Game are most likely going to cancel my preorder

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

HMV Grafton and Henry St had it for €44.99 this morning as went through town, plus the normal version for the same price.

So tempted but have small things like bills and food requiring monies at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Saw this in Stansted this morning for £33 for the collector's edition. Was tempted by it but knew nothing about it. Knew it was getting some major publicity recently.

Saw this in Stansted this morning for £33 for the collector's edition. Was tempted by it but knew nothing about it. Knew it was getting some major publicity recently.

A steal at that price :-O

Mine was shipped yesterday :-D

I hope I can get it in Game or Hmv now though I wouldnt mind waiting a couple of days for amazon either as I've bearly touched my vita

Mine has been delayed from amazon. Really not happy. Hope they don't cancel my preorder and then I end up not being able to find the game.

Mine has been delayed from amazon. Really not happy. Hope they don't cancel my preorder and then I end up not being able to find the game.

did they give you a reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 GT_Dublin

Popped down to HMV Grafton Street at lunchtime and spotted the limited edition for €45. Had it pre-ordered on Amazon, so cancelled that quickly on my phone and bought in HMV instead. Good price.

They had 2 copies of the LE out on the shelf, of which, I bought one. That was about 12:30pm, so unless they have more to put out, that last copy will be gone fairly soon.

I'm getting "Dispatching Soon" on my amazon order of the game.

On another note, some people have said the game lasts only 20 hours, while others have said it last 30+ hours with sidequests. I hope it's the latter.

Nope Game didnt have it and neither did hmv gamestop did but only the standard edition I'll get the ltd one off amazon later

did they give you a reason?

Waiting for stock on which is estimated to arrive March 2 or 3rd. I did cancel my preorder since I had two ordered for a friend in America and he didn't want it since it got announced that it was getting released in the states but that was on Wednesday, maybe Tuesday. However I preordered again straight away. I'd say they didn't get enough stock in. I just hope there's more limited editions printed.

Amazon dispatched mine. (Standard Edition.)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ugh, ended up indulging given the price for the LE in HMV :/

Been curious about it for a while though, so looking forward to give it a bash. Supposedly only around twenty hours long too, which is schedule friendly.

Don't mind 20 hour RPGs. Mother 3 and Panzer Dragoon Saga clock in at 20 hours each and so happen to be two of the best games ever made. They show you can tell a great story in a short time by cutting out all the padding crap so 20 hours suits me.

Appearently 20 hours is the main story only, there are side quests.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played a few hours last night. It's eccentric and the British voice acting is very unusual but really enjoying it. Combat system is still sinking in but it seems clever. Mainly, it feels so much more like an old school Final Fantasy title in tone and delivery (FMVs!). To be expected from the creator of the series, but welcome and a far more accomplished game than Sqenix efforts. Hub city is great too - almost too much to see and do, and without horrific loading screens (pay attention Skyrim).

Played a few hours last night. It's eccentric and the British voice acting is very unusual but really enjoying it. Combat system is still sinking in but it seems clever. Mainly, it feels so much more like an old school Final Fantasy title in tone and delivery (FMVs!). To be expected from the creator of the series, but welcome and a far more accomplished game than Sqenix efforts. Hub city is great too - almost too much to see and do, and without horrific loading screens (pay attention Skyrim).

come up against any tough bosses yet?

First few bosses are all basically tutorial ones. Spent the guts of an hour distracted in the city then :/

First few bosses are all basically tutorial ones. Spent the guts of an hour distracted in the city then :/

are the cities big ya :)?

Amazon have dispatched my order. Was thinking of cancelling and getting the poverty edition so thank god they sent it.

My order arrived today.

I really hope 20 hours is only the base story and sidequests add more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

*sigh* Collapsed under the pressure and picked this up from Dundrum today, just to go on top of a giant pile of "...to be played" games.

Advertisement