Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show February 24th 2012 - Eurosong Special

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,033 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Jedward shoudn't have to perform to get this. The others are crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

If Ireland were to win the Eurovision, would he present? "Of course, I'd set up an exploratory committee into the sparkle factor required for the presenter of the Eurovision. No, of course I would, I'd be honoured to do such a thing.

Whoa, is he not afraid of Derek Mooney going insane with jealousy?!

Tubridy would want to be careful, Derek might set the Brek on him...

mooneyshow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

All Jedward have to do is turn up and they'll win easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

The word on the street is that we will have a performance tonight from 1974 Eurovision winners Brotherhood of Man. Oh Yeah.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Expect a half hour of clips from The West Wing so..

YEAY! Love West Wing :P

Anyway, in a way I'm glad Donna is on the list; it means people can't throw the "Sure Jedward didn't win last year" line at the boys when she is second favorite at the moment.

I think Jedward are our best bet anyway; hopefully the publicity work they've done since last year will mean they do better with the European countries :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

that donna mcaull track sounds like a bastardised celtic spin off of the cranberries. i couldnt listen to any of them for more than 10 seconds :)

ah well.. tis the eurovision after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,392 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

walshb wrote: »

So are Jedward. Eurovision voting isnt about the song anymore but at least the Eastern Europeans send out their best singers, people with actual talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Jedward have the best song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Skid wrote: »
    I didn't know Tubridy can wear that type of jacket, I see it as a little camp IMO.

He just swapped his Jacket with Edward Grimes, mad fecker that he is.

late-late.jpg

RTE already showing a bias ?

I'd nearly use my years credit voting against the irritating tossers.

Will probably tune in at some stage to see just how much Ireland has lost all sense and taste.

walshb wrote: »

Now THERE'S an idea! If we just give them the feckin' yoke will it mean that we don't have to put up with the tossers ?

BTW - what happened to the rule about songs not having been heard before, because I definitely remember having had to change station a few times this week.

• Advertisement

Just had a listen there - they're all dire!

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    RTE already showing a bias ?

Will probably tune in at some stage to see just how much Ireland has lost all sense and taste.

...then RTE will have already won. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Liam Byrne wrote: »

See, I don't get this. Like it or lump it, Jedward are one of the biggest acts to come out of Ireland in recent times. Even if you don't like them, you have to accept they get a boat load of publicity and media attention. And to be frank, that's who we need to be sending; not the best song or the best singers, but the acts who are going to get the most publicity on a mass scale.

We go on about Eastern block voting and the likes, but the truth is we haven't won it for years because a lot of people are stuck in the 80s where they think it should be about the best song. There's going to be arguments here later that we should send a single girl singing a nice little ballad, but that will never win it for us because there's going to be 20 identical acts going into the competition.

Meanwhile, Jedward have built on their last performance and been doing torus of Europe. Like them or not, the duo have spent a lot of time campaigning and pushing themselves on the mainlands, and that will only help when it comes time for other countries to vote. We don't have any popular, good singers left to send in this country, and if we've got to choose, I'd rather drop "good" than "popular", given it's a popularity contest...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,392 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

See, I don't get this. Like it or lump it, Jedward are one of the biggest acts to come out of Ireland in recent times. Even if you don't like them, you have to accept they get a boat load of publicity and media attention. And to be frank, that's who we need to be sending; not the best song or the best singers, but the acts who are going to get the most publicity on a mass scale.

We go on about Eastern block voting and the likes, but the truth is we haven't won it for years because a lot of people are stuck in the 80s where they think it should be about the best song. There's going to be arguments here later that we should send a single girl singing a nice little ballad, but that will never win it for us because there's going to be 20 identical acts going into the competition.

Meanwhile, Jedward have built on their last performance and been doing torus of Europe. Like them or not, the duo have spent a lot of time campaigning and pushing themselves on the mainlands, and that will only help when it comes time for other countries to vote. We don't have any popular, good singers left to send in this country, and if we've got to choose, I'd rather drop "good" than "popular", given it's a popularity contest...

You seem to have left out the fact that the europeans take Eurovision very seriously and Jedward didnt do well last year and ill bet it will be the same this year as they are regarded as a joke by the other countries. And as for doing tours sure their fans are kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

for anyone not particularly enamoured with crap entertainment shows climbing up on the back of crap entertainment contests, why not watch some Saturday Night Armistice instead. U.N Irish Dancers @ 32 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

So, Martin Sheen, do you think of yourself as Irish and have you a fatal disease for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Donna's song is great.

Singer73 wrote: »
    So, Martin Sheen, do you think of yourself as Irish and have you a fatal disease for me?

You forgot The West Wing, Tubby knows it off by heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RossieGooner

Ah ****e, its not this crap tonight is it ? Fecks sake LLS is usually bad enough in its own right without giving it more reason to be ****tier.

I know its a eurovision special tonight but if it was a regular episode you just know that even though Mark Wahlberg is in Dublin tonight, he wouldn't have been on the LLS. (I know he's on Graham Norton but that's recorded)

It just can't get the guests anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Siobhain Ryan is really putting in the effort these days..

Was that thunder in the studio??

Bet when that audience applied for tickets, they were hoping to avoid the sh*tty eurovision special...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,966 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Not working after all.... if I was it'd take the dilemma out of it.... really not sure whether I want to sit through this or not.... although I suspect this thread will help!

Liberty's advert is slightly less annoying than the Quinn one.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Evening all, not usually a watcher of LLS but eurovision is my guilty pleasure so just had to tune in tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Good man Marty:p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My mother loves it when Marty has a job. She'll be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Skid wrote: »
    Liberty's advert is slightly less annoying than the Quinn one.

I can't decide if I like the voice used or not.... It s slightly creeping me out:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

rte must have a stash of big barrels that needs loadsa scraping. off to watch paint dry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

jaysus, they've wheeled out Marty:rolleyes:

Advertisement