Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prime Vitali Klitschko VS prime George Foreman ('72-'74)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

walshb wrote: »
    I don't think I can take you seriously when you post this. The man was 6 feet 3 or 4 and 220 lbs of solid muscle. Which men today are somehow so much bigger, fat wise, or natural wise. We know Klits are, but those two apply to any era, and probably future eras too.

Haye was never naturally close to Foreman in size of physique.

Apologies,I worded that badly. I was definitely referring to the klits with their size / height / athleticism . They represent the best of todays heavyweights , and will probably be the mould for future greats, in decades to come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭runboyrun

Foreman is too ferocious for Vitali

Vitali may be taller but foreman is a lot stronger, powerful and stockier with a longer reach

Foreman would dominate him with his power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Foreman was only 220lbs sometimes. In his last couple of fights before his first retirement he weighed around the 230lb mark.

Foreman was only 220lbs sometimes. In his last couple of fights before his first retirement he weighed around the 230lb mark.

Regardless of vitali being heavier, foreman was still the stronger man and the much harder hitter so that negates the weight difference

runboyrun wrote: »
    Regardless of vitali being heavier, foreman was still the stronger man and the much harder hitter so that negates the weight difference

It makes a huge difference if you are in the same physical shape as the Klits!

• Advertisement

sxt wrote: »
    It makes a huge difference if you are in the same physical shape as the Klits!

It makes a difference to power, strength and also tiring an opponent out if leaning on them

Regardless of the weight differential, Foreman was stronger and more powerful

Vitali doesn't fight on the inside so he won't be leaning too much on Foreman so I feel that issue won't exist

Foreman had freak strength and power. Chisora would never have swarmed and bullied a70s or 90's foreman like he did Vitali.

Foreman would have gotten Chisora out in less than 3.

Are you two some kind of tag team ? , taking it in turns to dish the klitschko's in every thread..

No, we are posters on a forum putting across our views..if that's OK. (its what the forum is for, ya know.)

I agree

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭tryingmybestt

foreman would win with a dominating destructive performance

sxt wrote: »
    Apologies,I worded that badly. I was definitely referring to the klits with their size / height / athleticism . They represent the best of todays heavyweights , and will probably be the mould for future greats, in decades to come

Hopefully not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I agree but people are forgetting that Vitali had a shoulder injury ruining his best weapons, his jab and left hook, also Vitali is not a get in and take them out style of fighter like big George anyway, totally different styles of fighting.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,597 ✭✭✭✭walshb

cowzerp wrote: »
    I agree but people are forgetting that Vitali had a shoulder injury ruining his best weapons, his jab and left hook, also Vitali is not a get in and take them out style of fighter like big George anyway, totally different styles of fighting.

+1

The Chisora fight means nothing anyway. 40 year old Klit won comfortably. Foreman would have killed Chisora, but it has zero relevance as regards Klit at peak vs. Foreman at peak.

What would have happened to Chisora if he slapped Big George at the weigh in? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

What would have happened to Chisora if he slapped Big George at the weigh in? :D

I'd guess his hand would have a heart attack!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Advertisement