Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Series Seven Casting *Spoilers*

Options
  • 22-02-2012 1:01pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Double Spoilered just in case... some casting news.
    Mark Williams (Fast Show, Harry Potter)
    Rupert Graves (Sherlock)
    David Bradley (Harry Potter)

were all announced as being cast for series 7 last night (Doctor Who Facebook). I love them all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Mark Williams - He was only barely watchable in Being Human {UK}
    Rupert Graves - Meh
    David Bradley - Meh
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    Double Spoilered just in case... some casting news.
    Mark Williams (Fast Show, Harry Potter)
    Rupert Graves (Sherlock)
    David Bradley (Harry Potter)

were all announced as being cast for series 7 last night (Doctor Who Facebook). I love them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Thanks BaconZombie, wouldn't have wanted to have not known that ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well, that's a very old manny cast :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well I suppose the thread does indicate that here be spoilers, so I guess spoiler text shouldn't be entirely necessary.

Meh otherwise though; guest stars shouldn't really get big billing in a TV series anyway, unless it someone really famous.

As an aside, set photos of season 7 filming have already surfaced!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mark Williams - He was only barely watchable in Being Human {UK}
    FYP.. and I think he's quite decent in it. And "was"? He's only been in 2 episodes yet!

Not all too exciting guest stars tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Slightly more exciting cast news for sci-fi geeks like me: Ben Browder (of Farscape / Stargate SG1 fame) will guest star, in a Western-set episode, currently being filmed in Spain:

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/1273866/doctor_who_series_7_update.html

Am now very excited. Hope they sneak in some nods to Farscape

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

pixelburp wrote: »
    Slightly more exciting cast news for sci-fi geeks like me: Ben Browder (of Farscape / Stargate SG1 fame) will guest star, in a Western-set episode, currently being filmed in Spain:

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/1273866/doctor_who_series_7_update.html

Am now very excited. Hope they sneak in some nods to Farscape

I've seen neither (I know, I'm a very naughty sci-fi fan).

I am a litte bit thrilled that they're filming in Almeria though.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I've seen neither (I know, I'm a very naughty sci-fi fan).

I am a litte bit thrilled that they're filming in Almeria though.
    *Ker'shocked*

Ah pick up Farscape, it's great. Imaginative, offbeat, funny, epic and has great creature effects. Takes a while to warm up but one of those shows where the characters carry the show, including Mr. Browder himself :)

*Ker'shocked*

Ah pick up Farscape, it's great. Imaginative, offbeat, funny, epic and has great creature effects. Takes a while to warm up but one of those shows where the characters carry the show, including Mr. Browder himself :)

Yep, it's on the list. Sure, I only started Galactica late last year, ended up finishing it three weeks later of course, but that's a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,943 ✭✭✭✭Stark

*Ker'shocked*

+1

Rewatching it at the moment (half way through Season 2). There's a lot that's cheesy and hammy but overall, I'd forgotten just how good it was even in the season 1 episodes when it was getting warmed up.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Can we expect to see Capt. Jack at all in S7

Can we expect to see Capt. Jack at all in S7

I would be doubtful for S7, there has been nothing so far anyway (unless I have missed something).

Maybe for the Anniversary Specials though.

There is a rumour that the new companion will be announced tomorrow...

Yep, looking likely alright..
    Daily Mirror TV Editor, Mark Jefferies: "BBC source has confirmed to me they will unveil new Doctor Who assistant tomorrow. She is “pretty” but “not household name”'.

Lots of rumours of Sophia Myles (remember her from 'The Girl In The Fireplace' below?) as she was spotted on set recently, although denied it.

s2_04_wal_171.jpg

She would be a household name in the UK though.

We'll see tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Although it'd be messing with my favourite episode's position in the timeline/chronology of the series, I think it'd be fascinating to see the doctor with a long-term companion from the 1700's...

Hmm wonder if they'll continue the tradition of hiring from within: that is to say, the new companion will be actor who has already appeared in the show, albeit in a different role. Happened with Martha & Amy, and sort-of happened with Donna...

I actually thought in season 5/6 there have been a few characters who came across as real 'companion' material, until they got killed off that is haha. I'm thinking of the likes of the girl soldier from Good Man Goes to War, or the nurse from The God Complex...

Extremely unlikely and I'm probably alone in this.. but Corden?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Basq wrote: »
    Extremely unlikely and I'm probably alone in this.. but Corden?

I quite liked Corden as the Companion but his wife would have to come a long and that's very Rory and Amy.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I read some speculation last night that it could be Aisling Loftus who was in the Borrowers at Christmas. I think she'd be fantastic.

• Advertisement

James Cordon I knew nothing of before his first appearance, so I never got the annoyance from some people: I"d have no problem with him appearing again, but sure he has Stormaggedon to look after so it's unlikely! :D

Clearly the companions should be the Victorian Silurian assassin and her human lover / maid. Only logical choice really.

Clearly the companions should be the Victorian Silurian assassin and her human lover / maid. Only logical choice really.

I would love that as a spin off.

I never really liked Corden before but I loved him in DW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

She's pretty... I guess. Shame to see Karen go though.

Confirmed on the BBC:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17456505

She looks very English, if that makes any sense haha. Look forward to hearing what her story is, hope it's something a little more unique this time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

Christina Ricci ... with knockers? :pac:

She's supposed to be a decent actress. We'll see.

There's been speculation that
    When the Dr meets her she'll be a bit of a "villain"

She was in Captain America apparently, can't recall who she was mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

cloud493 wrote: »
    She was in Captain America apparently, can't recall who she was mind.
    It was a bit part, she was one of the two girls Bucky and Steve took to the Stark Expo.

It was a bit part, she was one of the two girls Bucky and Steve took to the Stark Expo.

Ohhhhhh yeah. I see it now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

I am embarrased to say I know her from Emmerdale. Wifey watches it so I cannot help but pay attention when a cute girl is on screen...

Advertisement