Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable dvd player & remote €39.99 Aldi.

Options
  • 21-02-2012 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

Saw this in Aldi Enniscorthy but not sure if it's available nationwide.Originally €59.99 now reduced to €39.99
    It also plays video files via usb which is very handy.

Product_detail_Wk14T40.jpg
    180° swivel screen
    High resolution 7'' widescreen LCD TFT display
    Built-in stereo speakers
    Lightweight Lithium rechargeable battery
    Earphone jack
    USB input and SD/MMC card reader for movie, music and photo playback
    Plays DVD, VCD, DivX, CD, CD-RW, MP3, MPEG4, JPEG
    Accessories include remote control, mains power adaptor, car power adaptor, earphones, AV cables, headrest carry case

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

Have one if these for the nipper. Serious steal at that price. Plays most file formats from sd and Usb. Great for car journeys with a 16gb card loaded with his favourite Dvd rips.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Seconded.

Bought one last year for holidays, and it was a godsend. Was able to bring it as carry-on, so we had quiet flights!
    Carrying everything on a USB as opposed to dozens of discs is worth the purchase price alone!

It's coming away with us again this year, no mistake!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Eire sun

Good catch, gotta have one for the little un :D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Thanks Zerks, I was looking at these a while back and thought they were good value at €59. Could not resist when I heard they were reduced so picked on up today.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Cheers. Must go in tomorrow and get one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Mamof2

Thanks, got one of these today. We'll be heading on a long haul flight in May and was wondering if someone could help explain how to put the kids DVDs onto a USB. It would be great not to have to bring a multitude of DVDs with us. Sorry if this isnt the place for this but I haven't a clue how to even start :eek: Thanks again for the BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Try this http://bitripper.en.softonic.com/download?ptn=muo

It converts your dvd's to AVI format.I get my movies etc. from other sources;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

Got one from Aldi on longmile road, can't fault it so far, plays avi's etc off sd and usb no problem. Seems to be a great little we equipped player with 3 year warranty for 40 quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Does that car pouch in the pic above come with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Yup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Good deal for the car so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

w00t, thanks again OP.
    My portable DVD player only broke about a week or so ago, managed to pick one up today! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Anyone know if they still have these in Carlow? Will be making a trip in there tomorrow so, 7 inch divx player for 40quid is really good

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

What is the battery life on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

None in Portlaoise. Might try Carlow tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭flanzer

Got the display model from Aldi in Santry, none left. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Am wondering what the battery life is on these also? & do they take DVD RW?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Non in either Carlow stores. Looks like most areas are sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

tweety76 wrote: »
    Am wondering what the battery life is on these also? & do they take DVD RW?

Vague, but....it's 2.5-3 hrs for a Disc (Spinning) and more for USB or SD, not sure how much, but it's pretty decent. There's a car charger too, which doesn't come with a lot of the brand names.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

Picked one up in Ballinasloe today, having been looking for one for a bit so thanks OP. Manager said he has about 12 left too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

There was one in the perspex display box in Blackpool Cork today.

BTW: it's always worth asking at the checkout if there are none of the electronic devices left on display - quite often there is stuff in the office if you ask.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Cheers - picked that one up.
    Was looking for two but it was all they had.
    Checked a few other stores and I'd say there's none left in Cork....

One manager said he expected them back in again in a while....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Cheers - picked that one up.
    the "thanks" button is over here.........................................................................................................................................................................................v
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Thanks all picked one up in Aldi Drogheda ( Mell) yesterday still seemed to be a few left. The other Drogheda store is sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

the batteries in these fade and fail very quickly. I have one over a year and the battery will not hold any charge.
    I'm waiting on replacement batteries from my favorite Chinese supplier.
    In saying that I bought another when they were out last November which I use as a house Dvd - media player

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

3 year warranty?
    I've always found their warranty service brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Surely in this day and age you are better off ripping your DVDs for phone/tablet/itouch?

My experience with these DVD players is that the screen resolution is terrible..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

homer911 wrote: »
    Surely in this day and age you are better off ripping your DVDs for phone/tablet/itouch?

My experience with these DVD players is that the screen resolution is terrible..

Pretty sure kids aren't going to mind, which seems to be the target audience from most of the posts above. Also, broken €40 device > broken phone/tablet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Sorry to bring up an old thread but what format do films need to be in for sd/usb reader. I have a couple of films in MP4 format, picture perfect just no sound, bit frustrating! Still a great DVD player even if I cant get the card functionality working for me. Worth every cent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

zerks wrote: »
    Try this http://bitripper.en.softonic.com/download?ptn=muo

It converts your dvd's to AVI format.I get my movies etc. from other sources;);)

Why download from there, seriously..? The software needs to be downloaded through a vague software 'handler', which also installs a web browser toolbar as an added 'bonus'.

Avoid.

---

Try Handbrake: http://handbrake.fr/ (safe and free)

Also, to get an overview, as well as a well maintained software library, for video handling in general, this site is great: http://www.videohelp.com/

Advertisement