Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown to Cheltenham....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

ft9 wrote: »
    15 days. Longest 2 weeks ever ahead

Going to a preview night on Wednesday so should take the edge off..

Went to start digging through the form and stopped at the Supreme, there must be about 6 million thousand trillion horses still entered :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

15 more sleeps to go.....or if you are an insomniac it's 4! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

hucklebuck wrote: »

Went to start digging through the form and stopped at the Supreme, there must be about 6 million thousand trillion horses still entered :eek:

Are there any previews on around Limerick/Tipp that you know of?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

I presume your based in tipp with the name! :) Would probably be a choice between Galway or waterford for you, the only one I can make is the one in Galway so hopefully it will be worth the drive! Havent heard of any planned for Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Hoofer

im beginning to start climbing the walls now at this stage..my bedside locker is is covered with racing posts, irish fields, previous chelt race cards betting guides, previous chelt dvd's, ..im going to go to a few previews to calm myself down..im getting too wired or maybe its all that 6k running and jumping the back hedges in training for it..havnt had a pint in 10 weeks..waiting for the golden miller bar at chelt to quinch my thirst.. only 14 days 16 hours 21 minutes and 30 seconds to go:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Hoofer

ehhhh rewind that..havent had a pint in 8 weeks actually!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

weights for the following out Wednesday.

JLT Specialty Chase

Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle

Glenfarclas Cross Country Handicap Steeple Chase

Coral Cup

Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup Handicap Chase

Cheltenham Novices’ Handicap Chase

Byrne Group Plate

Pertemps Final

Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys’ Handicap Hurdle

Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Handicap Chase

Vincent O’Brien County Handicap Hurdle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Just realised its a leap year. Some disaster we have to wait an extra day!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Are you gonna post a report huckle? Some night scheduled was thinking about going over myself are there any tickets do you know?

Are you gonna post a report huckle? Some night scheduled was thinking about going over myself are there any tickets Left do you know?

• Advertisement

ste2010 wrote: »
    Are you gonna post a report huckle? Some night scheduled was thinking about going over myself are there any tickets Left do you know?

I heard you the first time!!!!!

I will stick my notes up alright, not sure it was quite full last year. You can call them on (01) 8207888 to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I heard PP is announcing tomorrow that should Sprinter Sacre win the Arkle they will refund all other win bets.

I heard PP is announcing tomorrow that should Sprinter Sacre win the Arkle they will refund all other win bets.

Could be an option to take on Peddlers and Sprinter so, Boyles refunding up to €200 if your horse finishes second and if Powers refund if SS wins.

Sounds like €200 on SS with Boyles(11/10) and the max stake up to €200 on Peddlers with Powers (3/1).

If SS wins and Peddlers second, you get €420 from Boyles and your €200 back from Powers.

If Peddlers wins and SS second you get €800 from Powers and €200 back from Boyles.

**** me, imagine if this happens. You could be up €200 in time for Hurricane Fly and which point you can throw this on as a free bet of sorts as if he wins you get about €330 back for your stake, if he is second you get your €200 back and third you are still just up from the Arkle. :D

Is this a dream? Come on Powers, do it.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/paddy-power-cheltenham-festival-walsh-al-ferof-value-in-racing-post-arkle/993339/top/
    Was thinking I'll wait until NRNB comes in to do this...not back al ferof but back half my total arkle stake on sprinter sacre and the other half on peddlers cross

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Could be an option to take on Peddlers and Sprinter so, Boyles refunding up to €200 if your horse finishes second and if Powers refund if SS wins.

Sounds like €200 on SS with Boyles(11/10) and the max stake up to €200 on Peddlers with Powers (3/1).

If SS wins and Peddlers second, you get €420 from Boyles and your €200 back from Powers.

If Peddlers wins and SS second you get €800 from Powers and €200 back from Boyles.

**** me, imagine if this happens. You could be up €200 in time for Hurricane Fly and which point you can throw this on as a free bet of sorts as if he wins you get about €330 back for your stake, if he is second you get your €200 back and third you are still just up from the Arkle. :D

Is this a dream? Come on Powers, do it.

Max refund is only 100e with PP this year. Normally it is 200e. They really must think Sprinter Sacre is a good thing.
    Have PP shortened all the others in their book this morning in wake of the MBS???

On another note, I love your thinking hucklebuck. Seems like a bet to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Take deep breaths :D Ha your right though its a good strategy! Just checked out flights to airports near cheltenham thinking they would be unreal expensive, they are cheaper than an everyday flight to london :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Lads are the handicap weights out today?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Lads are the handicap weights out today?

Tomorrow, I heard Hurricane run will have 15st and Binocular will only have 6st after a few less than impressive novice chases :D

Beauty man. A good training plan for him

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Whats the ballotting procedure for the Graded races at Cheltenham. Where can I find the regulations/conditions for each race?

For example. I want to know is there a minimum number of runs that a horse needs to qualify for the Supreme or Neptune or AB? If there is, is it 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bassett173

anyone heard any word on the bumper we usually mop up in this race no stand out bumper horse his year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

The bumper is hard to call this year.

Champagne Fever is probably a stayer & most Stowaway's need it soft

Moscow Mannon is a serious buzz horse but will have an inexperienced jockey (didn't stop Dunguib)

Clonbannon Lad looked very good at Naas when well backed to beat a Willie Mullins horse last time out.

I took 16/1 Champagne Fever before he ran but am in no way confident tbh

The bumper is hard to call this year.

Champagne Fever is probably a stayer & most Stowaway's need it soft

Moscow Mannon is a serious buzz horse but will have an inexperienced jockey (didn't stop Dunguib)

Clonbannon Lad looked very good at Naas when well backed to beat a Willie Mullins horse last time out.

I took 16/1 Champagne Fever before he ran but am in no way confident tbh

I like Moscow Mannon too but the bumper is a hoor of a race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I like Moscow Mannon too but the bumper is a hoor of a race.

It is a hoor to say it politely. The Tizzard horse who hacked up at Ascot last month looks handy (Royal Guardsman i believe he is called).
    The Irish bumper horses are looking average IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

kiers47 wrote: »
    It is a hoor to say it politely. The Tizzard horse who hacked up at Ascot last month looks handy (Royal Guardsman i believe he is called).
    The Irish bumper horses are looking average IMO.

Royal Guardsman was impressive the last day alright quickened up very well and ran away from them. It's hard to take some form of bumper races seriously most of the time they just crawl along and in the straight they just sprint the fact Mullins is sending 4 over to me suggests he's just hoping a couple of them run well and he has no one real contender.

The one I like and has been overlooked despite winning 4 bumpers is Sir Johnson from the Bowen yard. He gave Royal Guardsman weight and a hammering and is 3 times his price. His last run was before Christmas so that maybe a negative but if he was trained by a more established top trainer he'd be single figure odds

9 fuccking days b!tches :D

6805558660_d7f65ca928.jpg
    EB by the_hucklebuck, on Flickr[/IMG]

Nulty wrote: »
    Whats the ballotting procedure for the Graded races at Cheltenham. Where can I find the regulations/conditions for each race?

For example. I want to know is there a minimum number of runs that a horse needs to qualify for the Supreme or Neptune or AB? If there is, is it 3?

This may be wrong, but aren't they balloted according to rating, just like the handicaps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

The reason I was asking is Brick Red who just ran at Huntingdon. Finished 2nd in a quagmire. Looks promising but not for Cheltenham.

Advertisement