Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro St Brigids 5k Dublin city centre - March 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

runrabbit wrote: »
    I registered myself and my OH online already. It's his first ever race.

Annoyingly I now reckon I'd be doing well to keep up with my OH for this one - I'm banjaxed at the moment and he's gotten a lot faster on limited training (sickening really!). It's a pity I already talked myself up, otherwise I could pretend to "pace" him!

Hope we get a nice sunny day for this - today is a cracker!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

4 stars (good)
    Myself and my GF have just signed up for this, it'll be our first 5k run (we've been doing the couch 2 5k program) and we're hoping to finish in 30 - 35 mins.

I was wondering whats the best way to make sure that we're starting off with people in the same time category as us? Don't want to be getting in the way of all the faster runners!

Also, will there be a bag drop at this years race? Very excited about Sunday, looks like it'll be a great afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

4 stars (good)
    There's a bag drop in the Mansion House.
    You should join from the back, and you'll probably want to start about 100m from the front. A good rule of thumb is to see how much clothing the people around you are wearing -
    singlets + shorts = fast runners
    long-sleeved tops and tracksuit bottoms = slow runners and walkers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

4 stars (good)
    Anyone know when online registration closes? All the website says is "Before 16th", does that mean it closes at 12 midnight today?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭vinny1313

2 stars (poor)
    Anyone having difficulty registering for this online?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

4 stars (good)
    Timmaay wrote: »
    Anyone know when online registration closes? All the website says is "Before 16th", does that mean it closes at 12 midnight today?
    vinny1313 wrote: »
    Anyone having difficulty registering for this online?

Digger registered at about 11.30 last night no problem.

Says online registration open until 11pm tonight.

Think you can register on the morning too for the slightly increased fee of €25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

4 stars (good)
    RayCun wrote: »
    You should join from the back, and you'll probably want to start about 100m from the front. A good rule of thumb is to see how much clothing the people around you are wearing -

Three quarter length capris + commercial (nike/adidas/etc) vests = the inbetweeners who fancy themselves as runners but really have a long long way to go :rolleyes: See you there!

I’m seeking a PB – loathe to call it but would love love love to go sub 21:30…everything crossed!! Best of luck to all. And enjoy :)

4 stars (good)
    If you want to win, you have to show some skin ;)

4 stars (good)
    Any predictions for your times? I've been well off form last few months, with work and all that, so going fairly ambitious with this time, but at least by sticking my neck on the line it might make me dig that bit deeper during the race to try achieve it ha!

Name - Predicted - Actual
    ClaraLara - 21:30 -
    Timmaay - 16:30 -

4 stars (good)
    RayCun - 19.10 -

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

RayCun - 19.10 -
    Rainbow Kirby - 23.00 -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

RayCun - 19.10 -
    Rainbow Kirby - 23.00 -
    digger - 21.29 ;)

As I'm currently trying to recover in time for the Conn Ultra I'm under strict instructions to have a 'fun run' and finish no more than 1 metre in front of ClaraLara :)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Last year's race was my first race. I loved it and finished in 20:39. Since then I've joined a club and got some proper training in. I'd love to knock two mins off last years time but any sub 19 min time would be great

RayCun - 19.10 -
    Rainbow Kirby - 23.00 -
    digger - 21.29
    Cleanman - 18:39

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

3 stars (average)
    RayCun wrote: »

How did you find out about the bag drop? I've been trying to find out about practicalities (like toilets, changing facilities, what time I need to be there, do they have refreshments afterwards or should I bring my own) but couldn't find anything. Contacted the organisers but no reply.

Very impressed with all your time goals. My goal is just to finish (yep, that's a long sleeved top etc unless it's roasting)! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

4 stars (good)
    RayCun - 19.10 -
    Rainbow Kirby - 23.00 -
    digger - 21.29
    Cleanman - 18:39
    Dr. Quirkey- 17:02

First race since the baby and the training hasn't been the best the last few weeks lol. Still- gonna give it a bash- I think my time could wildly swing based on how much she sleeps the night before!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

gnu wrote: »
    How did you find out about the bag drop? I've been trying to find out about practicalities (like toilets, changing facilities, what time I need to be there, do they have refreshments afterwards or should I bring my own) but couldn't find anything. Contacted the organisers but no reply.

Very impressed with all your time goals. My goal is just to finish (yep, that's a long sleeved top etc unless it's roasting)! :)

We've done the race the last 2 years :) They are all set up in the Mansion House so you can get changed there in the bathrooms. There are also portaloos on Molesworth St for toilet needs. No refreshments after asfair - apart from what's in your goody bag (you get this when you collect your number so will be left in bag drop).

hth

No refreshments after asfair - apart from what's in your goody bag (you get this when you collect your number so will be left in bag drop).

There were plenty of biscuits and tea/coffee in the mansion house after the race last year

There were plenty of biscuits and tea/coffee in the mansion house after the race last year

Oops, sorry :o
    We shall treat oursleves to lunch in Carlucccios after :) Glass of wine after race = mad buzz :D

Oops, sorry :o
    We shall treat oursleves to lunch in Carlucccios after :) Glass of wine after race = mad buzz :D

Good call - I shall be heading for a pint myself this year! I'm barely able to run so I might as well have something to look forward to at the end!

3 stars (average)
    Great! Thanks for all the info folks, glad to be in the company of seasoned pros!

Does it start at 12? And what time should I pick up my race number - don't want to be waaaay too early and hanging around getting nervous!

• Advertisement

gnu wrote: »
    Does it start at 12? And what time should I pick up my race number - don't want to be waaaay too early and hanging around getting nervous!

It starts at 12. Number pick-up is in the mansion house and it will only take a few minutes. The start is immediately outside, so just leave yourself enough time to use the loo, drop off your gear, and do your warm-up.

4 stars (good)
    It starts at 12. Number pick-up is in the mansion house and it will only take a few minutes. The start is immediately outside, so just leave yourself enough time to use the loo, drop off your gear, and do your warm-up.

Ha, most race directors (including me!) HATE people giving advice like this :P! If everyone was to showup to pickup their number afew mins before the start of the race, the queues would be so big the race start time would be delayed by 20mins or so! Give yourself 30mins at the very very least before the start to go get your number, go to the bag drop and do abit of a warmup! I myself will probably be down 90mins before the race, and go out and jog most the course as a warmup before it.

3 stars (average)
    Thank you both! I'll probably head in an hour or so beforehand depending on bus times.

Wow Timmaay, I can only dream of the day when 5k seems like a warm up! But then again I never imagined I could run this far non-stop either so maybe that day will come!

Best of luck gnu, enjoy your first race and well done on getting to this point.

3 stars (average)
    Best of luck gnu, enjoy your first race and well done on getting to this point.

Thanks a mill! It's fantastic how nice and encouraging experienced runners like you are to newbies like me! This is my 2nd race (I did the UCD 5k Rás a few weeks back) and everyone there was so nice as well.

Best of luck to you and everyone else running today, looks like we have nice weather! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Just home from this race. A brilliantly run event once again and we had the weather to match it! Well done to all involved and to everyone who took part. I managed a pb at about 18:30 (I forgot to stop my watch) and did it all despite having to stop to tie my laces at 3k:eek::eek: Big thanks to the guy in the boards top who gave me so much encouragement once I got back up and running again. You guys are so nice:D Delighted:cool::cool:

4 stars (good)
    Top class race, everything done to perfection (even Marshalls on each km calling splits!). Well done to msb for all the hard work!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭gmurran

Was the race chip timed? anyone have the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

The results will appear on MSB site as soon as they get them up. I'm at my hotel so I know they have them when I left at 1.45pm.

Send me a mail if you are gutting and I can email them to you.

They are also in the Indo tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭footing

The results will appear on MSB site as soon as they get them up. I'm at my hotel so I know they have them when I left at 1.45pm.

Send me a mail if you are gutting and I can email them to you.

They are also in the Indo tomorrow.

Winners of the St Patrick's Festival 5km were Gareth Turnbull from Belfast and Sarah Treacy of Moynalvey

Advertisement