Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got myself some Westvleteren 12, what to expect?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

I picked up a box in Mc Hugh's Kilbarrack. They had already sold 8 boxes today and just have a few left. Can't wait to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

Just put in an order for the abbots for the westy. Should arrive Wednesday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Ronan cork wrote: »
    Just put in an order for the abbots for the westy. Should arrive Wednesday evening

How many bricks do you reckon you'll get in ?
    and
    How much more of this stuff is knocking around ?

There seems to be little or no shortage to it at the moment

The supplier still has a fair bit I think but it's still moving very fast so hard to tell how long more it will last while demand for it is still so strong...
    We ordered 40 more but nearly half of them we have names down for...

The westvleteren has just arrived!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Lucky to get the last one of the current batch in Deveney's Dundrum about an hour ago.:) They have some on display but they're all spoken for. Clearly, it's flying out as quick as it comes in so the suppliers must be running short at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

FYI, Whelans offy on wexford st has one left in the window and Malloys on Francis st was advertising them for sale but dont know how many the have left.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Last I looked there was a dozen in the window of DrinkStore. I think the Bull & Castle may still have some too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

cycled home today with one on my handlebars, over the most bumpy roads around, made it home in one piece :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

picked up a pack in drinkstore earlier - they still have a few left in the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

can someone bloody tell us what it tasted like !!!!!! :D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It tastes like a dark Belgian ale. If you think of Rochefort 10 or Bernardus Abt 12 you're in the ballpark.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Also saw some in the window of the off licence (forget the name) in Harold's Cross across from the petrol station.
    Next Door, they're a decent off license, they've a good selection and normally lots on offer at 4/5 for €10. (I was getting Brew Dog 5am Saint and Punk IPA at 5 for €10 there for a while before they copped on and moved it to the 4 for €10 shelf :))

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

Anywhere still have it, or have I totally ballsed up and missed the boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

A_Fitz wrote: »
    I think you've answered your own question there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

I work in an offo and I reckon you'll be doing pretty well to get a pack now. there was rumours of another batch coming out but I think that was just that, rumours. Try Redmonds in Ranelagh, a couple of boxes broke for them so they were selling a few loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jmadoyle

seen a box in Mchughs artane last week, give them a ring, u might be lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

jmadoyle wrote: »
    seen a box in Mchughs artane last week, give them a ring, u might be lucky

Good bloody man, cheers!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Sweeneys in north Dublin should still have them. They told me they had quite a few cases in the back and there was 3 or 4 out front

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Where is Sweeney's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Google tells me it's at

6 Finglas Road, Harts Corner,
    Glasnevin,
    Dublin 11
    Tel +353 1 830 9593

Also, they seem to have a nice selection of beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Seaneh wrote: »
    Where is Sweeney's?

Quite close to the Porterhouse North. Walk towards Glasnevin Cemetary from the PHN and it's on your right, can't miss it.

Great beer selection, and also a good Cheese deli too.

The staff really know their stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

McHugh's in Kilbarrack have at least one left, I took the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

i cant remember name of the place, lilac wines? down opposite fairview park beside four star pizza have some left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

ronano wrote: »
    i cant remember name of the place, lilac wines? down opposite fairview park beside four star pizza have some left

I think it's just called Martins off-license. They had some boxes awhile ago but I haven't been there in more than a month. Lilac wines is on Philipsburgh Avenue so it's pretty close and they probably would have some of the boxes in when they went on sale. Must drop in to Martins tomorrow and see what their stock is like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

yeah it's martins, the selection seems to have gone down hill a bit lately but still decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

adamski8 wrote: »
    Sweeneys in north Dublin should still have them. They told me they had quite a few cases in the back and there was 3 or 4 out front
    Seaneh wrote: »
    Where is Sweeney's?
    Des wrote: »
    Quite close to the Porterhouse North. Walk towards Glasnevin Cemetary from the PHN and it's on your right, can't miss it.

Great beer selection, and also a good Cheese deli too.

The staff really know their stuff.

Was down there on Friday picking up some Chimay Special 150, and they definitely had 2 on Westvleteren XII cases on display in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Anywhere closer to the CC stocking this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

I've gotten word off the owner of Redmonds of Ranelagh that he is getting more in.

They will be around 65 euro this time, though. Maybe I should have kept this to myself :P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

who distributes this??

Advertisement