Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triggerpoint rollers

Options
  • 20-02-2012 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭

Anybody know of an Irish company (apart from IrishFit) who sell triggerpoint rollers?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Anybody know of an Irish company (apart from IrishFit) who sell triggerpoint rollers?

Cheers

You mean like the grid?
    I got one in Base2race Ballymount.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Physiosupplies (I think Irishfit are the physiosupplies vendor in Ireland) are the only ones who supply the rumbleroller here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Seen a few in AK Bray last Friday evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Thanks lads. Yeah meno, the grid. How much did it cost and do you find it any use. I refuse to buy from Irish fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Thanks lads. Yeah meno, the grid. How much did it cost and do you find it any use. I refuse to buy from Irish fit.

Yeah I find it great. I got a foam roller before and it was all out of shape in a month. The grid one cost €50 (I think) and it will pretty much last forever so it is deffo worth the investment. The grid is great for ITB, Hamstrings, back etc. I also bought the stick in AK and it is great for calfs and smaller muscle groups.

BTW I'm totally with you on the irish fit thing. They will never get another penny from me.

• Advertisement

Lovely I'm going to use the foam roller for the rest of the week and invest in the grid on Saturday. Have a knot in my calf that no amount of stretching can get rid of.

PS hopefully thirstywork2 will see this post and put one aside for me in B2R. A nice discount would be much appreciated also ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I refuse to buy from Irish fit.

Why's that?

Never used them myself tbh though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

PS hopefully thirstywork2 will see this post and put one aside for me in B2R. A nice discount would be much appreciated also ;)

If thirsty doesn't, I will. :)

G-Money wrote: »
    Why's that?

Never used them myself tbh though.

Well a couple of friends bought products from them and they took ages to arrive and they weren't the most helpful in letting them know what was going on. Having said that a friend did order something last Wednesday and it arrived on Friday so maybe the other problems were isolated cases.

However the reason I won't buy from them is a chip company associated with them failed to turn up to a race I organised last year and refused to answer my calls. They really left us up $hit creek.

• Advertisement

If thirsty doesn't, I will. :)

Put one aside or give me a nice discount? Both would be preferable ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I find it funny that they are called trigger point rollers, i bet 90% of the people that own them couldnt tell you either what a trigger point is or what part of the muscle it forms in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

its sh1t. i've gone back to a foam roller.

Why do I think its sh1t?

I have visions of the plastic cracking and impaling me.

More more importantly the little bit extra give in a foam roller means that a foam roller gets in deeper than the Grid. The Grid just doesn't have the same effect. it just doesn't do the job

Now I have found a use for it. I roll on my foam roller and my 25 month old rolls (lies and moves) on the grid. She pretends to scream in agony too and then laughs at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

tunney wrote: »
    its sh1t. i've gone back to a foam roller.

Why do I think its sh1t?

I have visions of the plastic cracking and impaling me.

More more importantly the little bit extra give in a foam roller means that a foam roller gets in deeper than the Grid. The Grid just doesn't have the same effect. it just doesn't do the job

Now I have found a use for it. I roll on my foam roller and my 25 month old rolls (lies and moves) on the grid. She pretends to scream in agony too and then laughs at me.

I found that when rolling the ITB on the Grid I get much better results by keeping me knee flexed and quad relaxed. This gives the feeling of flattening the band between the rigid Grid and the femur. By keeping my leg straight, knee locked and the quad engaged I found I was providing a softer surface to roll the band between which was not as effective. It hurts a lot more with the quad relaxed but I presume that means it is working. It cleared up my ITBS in days and I still use before every run.

I will try not to think of how much damage would be done if the Grid shattered while i compress by ITB this eve!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Put one aside or give me a nice discount? Both would be preferable ;)

Both.

Picked up "the grid" from B2R the weekend. Have to say from my limited use I find it quite good. The foam roller is great for getting rid of the majority of knots but the grid can get in a little deeper. Really hit the spot for me anyway (calf muscle). If my opinion changes I'll let you all know.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,657 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Picked up "the grid" from B2R the weekend. Have to say from my limited use I find it quite good. The foam roller is great for getting rid of the majority of knots but the grid can get in a little deeper. Really hit the spot for me anyway (calf muscle). If my opinion changes I'll let you all know.

Better than wavvin pipe?

dahat wrote: »
    Better than wavvin pipe?

:D I haven't tried waven pipe and I'll admit it does look like glorified piece of pipe. The studded foam is good for getting in deep though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I've been using the stick for 6 months or so and I find it great.
    My physio has also noticed a big improvement in my calves since I started using it, they require very little rubbing out now.
    It is expensive at approx €45, I spotted them in the states for half that.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭GKiraly

Better than wavvin pipe?

Neither foam roller nor grid roller beats it in my opinion. Ive tried them all and the wavvin pipe wins for me, hands down! really gets in deep and boy does it work out the knots and tight spots :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,657 ✭✭✭✭dahat

GKiraly wrote: »
    Neither foam roller nor grid roller beats it in my opinion. Ive tried them all and the wavvin pipe wins for me, hands down! really gets in deep and boy does it work out the knots and tight spots :D

I also agree,have tight IT's now and again and every time the wavvin works though this week i had to bend the offending leg to get right in there rather than working a straight leg,if you get me......
    Fair cheap too i might add..............:D

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

However the reason I won't buy from them is a chip company associated with them failed to turn up to a race I organised last year and refused to answer my calls. They really left us up $hit creek.

I used that chip company for a race last year, and they did show up, but may as well not have. They screwed up the receiver, and as a result we had no results what so ever. They had no back-up, no recovery, and we had 400 angry punters. Keep well clear!

Well a couple of friends bought products from them and they took ages to arrive and they weren't the most helpful in letting them know what was going on. Having said that a friend did order something last Wednesday and it arrived on Friday so maybe the other problems were isolated cases.

Last time I ordered something from them it took three months for them to admit that they didn't stock the item anymore............

Domer wrote: »
    I used that chip company for a race last year, and they did show up, but may as well not have. They screwed up the receiver, and as a result we had no results what so ever. They had no back-up, no recovery, and we had 400 angry punters. Keep well clear!

Did you pay them? I seriously hope not.

Yes was a major embarrassment for us also. Luckily I knew the majority of runners as it was a small enough field so was able to explain the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

Did you pay them? I seriously hope not.

No, they didn't get a penny. Thankfully it was a charity event, so we told punters that they money just went the the charities instead, which it did. Problem is that I want to do chip timing this year, but am getting a lot of resistance on the committee... once bitten, twice shy!!! Its an uphill battle thanks to those guys and their incompetence. They appologiesed for what happened, blamed the equipement, and then radio silence. Never so much as a call to see how things had panned out. Total amateurish outfit! AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

http://www.physioneeds.biz/ProductDetail.aspx?ref=GRID
    These guys in Irishtown D4 are selling The Grid, and only €39 as well which is comfortably the cheapest I've found (sorry Thirsty/AKWest).

Just picked one up at lunch there now.

Listed as one of the retailers on the TriggerPoint website
    http://tptherapy.com/retailers.php

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

http://www.physioneeds.biz/ProductDetail.aspx?ref=GRID
    These guys in Irishtown D4 are selling The Grid, and only €39 as well which is comfortably the cheapest I've found (sorry Thirsty/AKWest).

Just picked one up at lunch there now.

Listed as one of the retailers on the TriggerPoint website
    http://tptherapy.com/retailers.php
    The Grid they have is their own brand one, it's not a Trigger Point one. Seems to be pretty similar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

agentgreen wrote: »
    The Grid they have is their own brand one, it's not a Trigger Point one. Seems to be pretty similar though.

Then why are they listed as a retailer on the Trigger Point website?? Seems unlikely that TP would be promoting a company who sell an alternative to their product.

Then why are they listed as a retailer on the Trigger Point website?? Seems unlikely that TP would be promoting a company who sell an alternative to their product.

They also sell KT tape and their own brand KT tape.

Their own brand is vastly inferior. To be fair they do sorta point that out when buying tape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

See on their website it's just called "The Grid", not a Trigger Point Grid. I went in last week and got one, it has a Physio Needs stamp on it and he told me they don't do the TP ones anymore.

Advertisement