Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper Service for start of new Season

Options
  • 20-02-2012 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to get the camper a once over in prep for the coming season (1st full season with camper) and looking for some recommendations on what I should look to service and perhaps someone to service it :)

Based in Gwy, had the camper outside for the Winter and some leaks have manifested themselves through windows so I need to get the inside checked out, address drafts, leaks, new door handle and perhaps a new awning

Any thoughts on what else I should service?

thanks
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I may be biased , but us! www.PatHoranMotors.com

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭WildWater

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    I may be biased , but us! www.PatHoranMotors.com

Happy customer here. Would definitely recommend them. We are just heading into our second season and last year we were like you - new to the game and wanted to get someone to do a service, timing belt etc to our, new to us, van. Went to PHM as I found Aidan_M_M very helpful on the forum and was happy to give him some business in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 globcar

'' Spamming / Advertising will not be tolerated – please contact one of the admins, or sales@boards.ie, for more information on advertising.'' Found this elsewhere on BOARD.IE, and as I'am only new on here I'am a bit confused as to who can & who can't. Read somewhere else, somebody else called Dorts getting what looked like a Red Card for 'Pimping' Is this Thread sponsored by Aiden M M & PHM or is it open to anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭meercat

I don't think you are being fair here
    I would also recommend pat horan motors(aidanmm here)
    Without doubt he is a vital source and integral part of this forum
    He gives help to almost every query on this forum and often points potential customers to other sources
    He must be one of the most helpful contributors here
    Perhaps he was too quick to put himself up but he would have got my recommendation (and i am sure others) too
    I also agree with wildwater that as aidanmm is so helpful here that I too would happily give him my business

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭WildWater

I agree with Meercat and concur that I think you are being a tat unfair. I'm no mod but I have seen this elsewhere on Boards.

"Mod Note:

1. Please do not post phone numbers.
    2. It is against site rules to sign up to advertise. This is a discussion site.
    3. If you see a post that you believe violates a rule, please hit the report post button next to the post. This will bring it to our attention.

Cheers."

Rule 1 not violated
    Rule 2 not violated as clearly Aidan_M_M did not sign up to advertise.
    Rule 3 You are free to follow this advice.

As I see it. Question asked and question answered by very frequent poster and bias declared.

[In the case above a poster in their 1st post had asked for information on a particular service. Lo and behold first reply which was also a first post gave number.]

In relation to Dorts as I recall (and I'm open to correction on this) in some of his initial post he was less than forthright in admitting that he was employed by Donagheys. I don't mean to say that this was deliberate and was probably just an oversight but it may have brought him to the 'attention' of the mods. In most of his later posts he did declare his 'bias'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

globcar wrote: »
    '' Spamming / Advertising will not be tolerated – please contact one of the admins, or sales@boards.ie, for more information on advertising.'' Found this elsewhere on BOARD.IE, and as I'am only new on here I'am a bit confused as to who can & who can't. Read somewhere else, somebody else called Dorts getting what looked like a Red Card for 'Pimping' Is this Thread sponsored by Aiden M M & PHM or is it open to anybody?

have I done something to offend you? :confused: most of the boardsies who work in the trade drop suggestions about their firms . I only work in the garage , heck my Dad/Boss barely even knows I post here . And double heck , my name's not even Aidan! Deliberately don't use my real name as I didn't wan't to seem like I was aggressively touting for business. Just trying to help out MH owners , FOC .

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

Have to agree with previous posters - new to Motorhoming and have found the advice, tips and discussion hugely helpful. Aidan M M has posted multiple pieces of advice and tips that would cost money from the trade, seldom refers to own company but has mentioned others and references to direct suppliers and products. Have not had need to use him directly but can completely see how the forum users are so well disposed to him. If others in the trader gave of their expertise half as much as he we'd be well off. Keep it up Aidan M M otherwise a useful centre piece of this Forum would very much weaken it. Others have of course made the forum a great resource (including the talented self builders and the trail blazers). Pick a better target for your put down.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

You seem to like Donagheys as i think you mentioned them in 10 of your 12 posts. Any connection to them.
    Aidan doesnt need to "Pimp" for business as i am sure most users on here would recommend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭tmalmb

thank you all for your feedback, I received a number of PM's giving me advice/recommendations and as always ALL feedback is really appreciated

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 28 globcar

Just a reply to all the above comments. I joined into the Boards.ie & camping forum to hear about all the experiences of motorhoming from fellow owners & to share some of my own experiences while in Ireland & Europe. But to my disappointment the majority of the threads are taken up by people looking for information on repairing & maintaining their motorhomes, all of which can be carried out by the numerous motorhome dealers in the country, Pat Horan included. This helps keep these businesses afloat & provides hundreds of jobs. If you have a problem, go to your local or any dealer, you will probably save money in the long run & your motorhome might last you a few more years.

1 RO 06. I have made as you say about 12 posts, in which I named Donaghey's in 3 of those (not 10), all of which were an answer to a question. Connection..... they are from Donegal....I am from Donegal, & I have purchased a motorhome from them, and get my work done by them.
    No harm in any Boardie recommending Pat Horan Motors. ( but not pat horan)

2 Martin_ D. '' Aidan M M has posted multiple pieces of advice and tips that would cost money from the trade''. I think this statment speaks for itself.

3 Aiden_M_M. Nothing at all. Other Boardies do drop suggestions......now and again, not on every thread every day & theres a difference between suggestions & posting your web link. Not surprised your Dad doesn't know you post on here, while he's probably like most other people in the motor trade or any other business for that mater finding it tough at the moment, raising funds to cover all the associated expences, Rates, Insurances, Taxes, Utilities, Training, etc.. you are on here giving free information to motorhome owners, information you learnt from the employment & training he has paid for. Ask yourself.....what percentage of these people thought enough of you to Purchase their motorhome from you.

4 WildWater. Web link far better than phone number in 2012. Glad to see that you supported PHM, by getting your a/c fitted, looks a nice job. Have now read all of Dorts posts, I think I know now who he is.....cant see what he posted when he got the red card, must ask him next time i'am in.:D probably the open weekend.

Conclusion.

Have nothing what so ever against Aiden_M_M or PHM but when I loged in that evening to see what the craic was on here, only to see about 5 -7 posts from Aiden again on different treads and nothing else, the advertising one sent me off on one. As I said at the begining, go visit your dealer, spend a few €uro and help these businesses, and use the fourm for sharing our experiences & and places we visit etc. End off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭meercat

Just a reply to all the above comments. I joined into the Boards.ie & camping forum to hear about all the experiences of motorhoming from fellow owners & to share some of my own experiences while in Ireland & Europe. But to my disappointment the majority of the threads are taken up by people looking for information on repairing & maintaining their motorhomes,

Conclusion.

Have nothing what so ever against Aiden_M_M or PHM but when I loged in that evening to see what the craic was on here, only to see about 5 -7 posts from Aiden again on different treads and nothing else, the advertising one sent me off on one. As I said at the begining, go visit your dealer, spend a few €uro and help these businesses, and use the fourm for sharing our experiences & and places we visit etc. End off.

**there are plenty of threads where people have shared their experiences here(i havnt seen your ones yet even though you say thats why you joined)

**this forum is also to help people(after all repair and maintaining of your motorhome is just as enjoyable as travelling )

**if you say your disappointed with the threads and want this forum to develop further then why not introduce some new threads of your own and get involved in the discussions that develop from them
    by giving a one word answer "yes" to a previous question 3 weeks ago certainly doesnt help you here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76891062

so lets see some threads that share your experiences and places that you visit
    if you require information on repairs/services etc,then this forum can help too

i have absolutely no involvement with any of the forum members here but i would hope that the recent negativity be put aside and harmony continue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

globcar you have 13 posts, and are only here a wet weekend Aidan_m_m has been here a lot longer and has put in much more effort that you he's earned the right to speek up about his buisness,

You call spam, spam is unsolisited the OP asked for a place to go so it's not spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I've never used Pat Horan , but I have read a lot of useful advice / tips from Aidan_M_M over the last few years, and I have no doubt that the he has saved me money - without making money off me.

If he did a bad job it would be up here straight away - he has earned the respect of the members here and and he was answering a direct question posted by someone - he answered by saying who he would recommend.

Keep up the good work Aidan_M_M.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

As nobody has added to the list and it's veering off topic I've decided best thing is to close the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement