Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can any one tell me if i need a nct on a camper van

Options
  • 02-02-2012 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

well can any one tell me if i have to have a nct on a 92 yr old campreer van in ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Hi Vikingwelshman,
    Welcome to the forum.
    You can get the exact details on an older thread on here. From next month , March 2012 , your camper will require an NCT. I believe this test is on the mechanical part of the camper and nothing atall on the habitation part including gas lines and electrics.:eek:
    Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 vikingwelshman

Hi Kevin Thanks for that was told be the saler the it did not have to have an nct or doe

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

Well technically at the moment he is right. But that's about to change . Its possible he didn't know because as far as I know no-one has been notified yet that their campers will need an NCT.
    Its thanks to the various contributers on here that we get to hear all the real important stuff .:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 vikingwelshman

ho right thanks for the i have to call the nct and find out more then

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bo.jangles

well can any one tell me if i have to have a nct on a 92 yr old campreer van in ireland
    If it 92 year old it should be retired to a nice warm garage and wrapped in cotton wool and pampered not put through a horrible NCT. :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Does the camper need to be I shred before you can tax it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 globcar

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

demoreino wrote: »
    Hi Vikingwelshman,
    Welcome to the forum.
    From next month , March 2012 , your camper will require an NCT.

Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie[/QUOTE]

What happens if one has a July registered camper, will they need a new test on its birthday or will the test last from March 2012 to July 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Hi, If you go to the thread "Minister signs......." dated 25th Jan. you'll find all the current info and comments.

Advertisement