Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hippy communes in Ireland

Options
124»

Comments

West Cork is still going strong i'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭piplip87

Have a few of them here in Cavan. Some are settled now though but the parties are just unreal. One of them passed away. They laid him out in the house and a full on 3 day rave commenced. Lovely sound people.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

Skerries Islands was at one point in time going to be a hippy island

http://www.rte.ie/archives/2014/0929/648752-hippies-plan-to-buy-skerries-island/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Loads of them in West Cork, mainly English, German and Dutch or at least there were when I was growing up in the 80's and 90's. The word "hippy" makes me giggle as my mother would use the term to describe anyone who looked like they belonged to a subculture or were just a bit weird. Even punks and Cureheads would get labeled thus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hippies are cool. Anyone know if there are some communes still active in Cork?

I wouldn't mind spending a few weeks or months in one just for divilment. VW Campers, weed, camp fires, colourful thingimebobs all around, wooden houses, love all of that stuff.

Dieing to have a go

Body&Soul Festival perhaps. :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,022 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What's the difference between a hippie chick and an ice hockey player?

After three periods, the hockey player goes for a shower....

(That's it, I'm outta here)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Head whest young OP

I don’t know where the communes are but the layabouts in Eyre Square (usually with English accents for some reason) will be able to tell you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Coom Mountain near Ballyvourney.

Advertisement