Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky GO Available

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Zeppi wrote: »
    Is it only me or what, there are only few channels that I can watch if someone does not have the movies and sports like me.

N.B. It's working fine on my Galaxy S2 via wifi no pixelations

Zeppi

That's just the way it is. I do find it odd that the mobile version doesn't have the same channels as the version found on their website/xbox 360

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

Anyone know if you will be able to use this outside of europe?

Unfortunately not.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

god's toy wrote: »
    Read the post 4 up from yours :) #20

Blindness is an affliction :o

Pity I still can't view it on my GN anyhow with the lack of ICS support. Will come in handy for my flatmate though. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

5starpool wrote: »
    Blindness is an affliction :o

Pity I still can't view it on my GN anyhow with the lack of ICS support. Will come in handy for my flatmate though. Cheers.

Have you tried the APKs from the XDA developers forum, I got my Flyer working with one, unfortunately the same APK won't work on my Sensation XL.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=911692&d=1329768089

This APK worked on my Flyer, look thru the forum there are more which may work for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Zeppi wrote: »
    Is it only me or what, there are only few channels that I can watch if someone does not have the movies and sports like me.

N.B. It's working fine on my Galaxy S2 via wifi no pixelations

Zeppi

That's just the way it is. I do find it odd that the mobile version doesn't have the same channels as the version found on their website/xbox 360
    It's missing all the on demand stuff that's on the xbox version. Hopefully it will arrive soon, the on demand stuff is quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

Nolimits wrote: »
    For anyone complaining about only having two devices, you can only have two per user, but can have up 9 (I think) users

Log into Sky go on your computer, go to settings, view/edit profile and then additional users to use it on more devices.

Dont think this works...I created an additional user, he then logged into Sky go using his userid and password but it still shows my 2 devices as the 2 registered so would not let him use his own PC :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

wardie101 wrote: »
    Dont think this works...I created an additional user, he then logged into Sky go using his userid and password but it still shows my 2 devices as the 2 registered so would not let him use his own PC :(

Same for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Be careful using this app if your not using wifi. Eats data!

kc66 wrote: »
    Same for me.

you need to log in under the new username and password to access the devices not the primary account login.

• Advertisement

Deank wrote: »
    you need to log in under the new username and password to access the devices not the primary account login.

Thats what he did but he still had my 2 devices listed as the ones already entered so could not add his laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭rx8

Worked for me now... have my laptop and mobile registered on my account, then registered my son as an additional user, logged in as him, and can watch TV on the desktop now.

Currently watching ER on Sky Atlantic on the desktop, and revista on the mobile.

Seems to be working grand.

rx8 wrote: »
    Worked for me now... have my laptop and mobile registered on my account, then registered my son as an additional user, logged in as him, and can watch TV on the desktop now.

Currently watching ER on Sky Atlantic on the desktop, and revista on the mobile.

Seems to be working grand.

When you logged into your desktop, did it not already have your other 2 devices registered ? Did you have to remove one of them under your sons ID ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭rx8

Nope, watched 2 separate programs, under 2 separate ID's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

No effin support for the Xoom :mad:

Cormic wrote: »
    No effin support for the Xoom :mad:
    Try the below link from my earlier post I have it working with a stock 3G and WiFi Flyer (3.2.1)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77218916&postcount=36

wardie101 wrote: »
    When you logged into your desktop, did it not already have your other 2 devices registered ? Did you have to remove one of them under your sons ID ?

Scrap that...got them to log into sky.com first and then go into Sky go and working fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Samson1

SkyGo wouldn't work on my SGS2- std 2.3 - kept getting "Code 26 error".

Someone on the skygo support site suggested switching off predictive text & works perfect now !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I did that, setup a new user, logged out. Logged in with new username and password. The same two devices are in the list.
    Also tried what wardie101 suggested above.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Jon_459

Try the below link from my earlier post I have it working with a stock 3G and WiFi Flyer (3.2.1)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77218916&postcount=36

Tried it - doean't work
    Tks anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Getting the "stuck on 0% 0/100 but sky news works" issue on my S2 (running rooted 2.3 based rom)

Annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

The app was updated today, now getting the message "skygo is not supported on rooted android devices", even after unrooting with the app suggested by Aristotle still no joy,, and i'm f*cked if i'm going to flash a stock kernal just for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I agree, I am not unrooting my device for an app!
    Sky can take a flying leap as far as I'm concerned!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I keep getting the error "It is not possible to play sky content whilst roaming" My phone has never been rooted.

Model = GT-I9100
    Android Version = 2.3.4
    Baseband Version = I9100XXKI1
    Kernel Version = 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKI4-CL575468
    Build Number= GINGERBREAD.XWKI4
    Tesco Ireland network

Happens when I am using both 3g and wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

ShaneU wrote: »
    I keep getting the error "It is not possible to play sky content whilst roaming" My phone has never been rooted.

Model = GT-I9100
    Android Version = 2.3.4
    Baseband Version = I9100XXKI1
    Kernel Version = 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKI4-CL575468
    Build Number= GINGERBREAD.XWKI4
    Tesco Ireland network

Happens when I am using both 3g and wifi.

Tesco mobile piggybacks on the o2 network and will indicate roaming in the status bar, not sure there's anything you can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

The update put my S2 into kernel panic upload mode, good luck and FU sky go!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

My Sky Go Android app works fine but when I try to connect my Samsung Galaxy SII to my TV via a MHL/HDMI cable, I get a warning that Sky Go cannot be operated through a HDMI connection. Obviously it's something purposely put in by Sky but I'm just wondering if anyone knows a way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

still not available on sensation xl. ****ing joke. :(

Advertisement