Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What not to do

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

To be honest after the thread on motors over the weekend and the attitude of some of them this video really doesnt do the 'cycling camp' any favours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Which thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sorry, but the guy on the bike was just acting like a complete and utter asshole.

Whatever about the pushiness of the driver, the guy on the bike specifically made the point of overtaking him on the left to block him out, even though he'd been behind the car.

Cyclist utterly in the wrong on all counts. He should have stayed back until the car had managed to change lane and then overtaken him on the right. He got upset over the car trying to push into the left-hand lane, even though he wasn't in the left-hand lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

seamus wrote: »
    Sorry, but the guy on the bike was just acting like a complete and utter asshole.

Whatever about the pushiness of the driver, the guy on the bike specifically made the point of overtaking him on the left to block him out, even though he'd been behind the car.

Cyclist utterly in the wrong on all counts. He should have stayed back until the car had managed to change lane and then overtaken him on the right. He got upset over the car trying to push into the left-hand lane, even though he wasn't in the left-hand lane.

While I think it is pretty poor behaviour, the cyclist does appear to be in the left lane most of the time, it's just the driver is really displaying such poor awareness and lane positioning that he is straddling both lanes for most of the clip.

I don't think he undertook him, he was continuing his line in the left lane and moved to avoid the car. Of course, he should have better positioned himself to begin with, but the other muppet clearly can't handle a car and shouldn't really be on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I laughed too. The silver car was being seriously pushy at the very start of the video too, getting way into the black car's space.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

2 idiots IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Wheely GR8

I might peer into someones window if they've not looked in their mirror ,but criminal damage is criminal damage. The guy on the bike may aswell have taken out a hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Bigus

I think the fella in the black Renault Megane paid him to do it !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Complete over-reaction there. Poor driving by the guy in the silver car but you've got to learn to live with that kind of **** if you're going to spend any time on a public road either in a car or on a bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Now, here's an over reaction: Bus driver whacks cyclist. Scary stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

Appalling stuff. The cyclist should have just taken the lane and gotten in front of the silver car. Certainly no justification for that kind of aggression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

the devils own invention the moror car:D:D but that cyclist was 100% in the wrong probable done couple hundred quid worth of damage to the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,154 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Was that a flimsy mirror or a really strong punch? It just seemed to disintegrate. Some overreaction to poor driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭jameverywhere

If I punched out the mirrors of every car or bus that passed too close to me or otherwise annoyed me on the road, I'd owe thousands of dollars in damages :/

Not the right reaction at all. I do like the idea of peering in someone's window though, haha. Of course, you might run into trouble if you annoy them and they decide to punch you out with their bonnet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

How long do you think it was before the driver looked in the direction of the mirror to see it wasn't there? Could have been quite a while judging by his use of his mirrors prior to this incident...

disclaimer: this is just a jokey comment. No one in this video covered themselves in glory. The driver can't control their vehicle, and the cyclist has got some (entertaining at a distance) rage issues going on. I don't think I could even manage a half hearted grumpy glare for something like this. In fact, the other day someone pulled alongside me, started heading for the kerb, and then lashed on the indicators when the car was about to hit me. I had to jam on, and manoeuvre fairly sharpish to avoid the splattening. He said "I didn't see you", I said "I know you didn't see me, you didn't look. You are supposed to 'mirror, signal, mirror, manoeuvre'..." and then I just kind of trailed off, no enthusiasm for dishing out a telling off, just couldn't be bothered to raise the necessary ire. I must be mellowing in my old age!

Advertisement