Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

german shepherd crying

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

dudmis wrote: »
    Have you tried a Thundershirt? Its a jacket that calms nervous/anxious dogs. I haven't used them but there is a money back guarantee with them afaik. Another poster has posted about them here a few times. Might be worth trying.

They are brilliant! I got one last year because one of my dogs was a very reactive, prone to barking and being unsettled. It improved him no end and made him quicker to focus on what I was telling him. One night, it was very stormy and the letterbox was making all sorts of noise and he was barking at it. I put the Thundershirt on him and he went to sleep on the couch a few minutes later, didn't mind about the noise at all.
    He used to whinge and whine when we'd be out for walks but with the Thundershirt, he was a lot quieter. I rarely use it now to be honest, he's improved that much.

What you posted about not sleeping, you have my deepest sympathies. My grandmother used to keep me awake at night shouting and what not when she was alive - sedatives didn't work on her one bit - and it's no joke if you are sleep deprived. You just can't function. So I really hope that you find a solution to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

domt know what happened last night but this morning not a peep till 10 to 9. i feel so much better after a good nights sleep. dont know why this happened last night, nothing was different. i know things will proberly be back to normal tomorrow but at least i know she can change.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

domt know what happened last night but this morning not a peep till 10 to 9. i feel so much better after a good nights sleep. dont know why this happened last night, nothing was different. i know things will proberly be back to normal tomorrow but at least i know she can change.

Maybe she is reading boards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

dudmis wrote: »
    Maybe she is reading boards :D
    ha, maybe she is. actually when i was posting yesterday she was sitting beside me. knew she was clever, didnt realise how much

Advertisement