Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haikou World Open

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Greart start for Mark Allen. 5 - 0 up already!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Very creaky floorboards..!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Wow just up turned on the laptop and it's 7-1 to Allen. Has anyone been watching it?
    Looks very like his first ranking title is a few frames away now.
    Maybe by winning this he may just grow up a bit now and enjoy his snooker and the countries he's lucky enough to visit.

So Mark Allen wins the Haikou World Open and with it his first ranking title by beating Steve Lee 10-1 in todays final.
    It moves him up to seventh in the provisional rankings and on the form he showed this week most notably when beating Mark Selby he will go into this years world championships as one of the favourites.
    I didnt watch todays final but i'll be very interested to hear what Allen has to say in his post match interviews, and i wonder will he have a problem accepting the first prize of £75K off the ignorant Chinese!!!!

As i have said before i'm a great admirer of Allen on the table but his behaviour off it leaves a lot to be desired, maybe though this win may just help him realise how lucky he is to have a great talent and to be currently among the best in the world at his chosen profession.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm very confused by the projected rankings. I see Mark in 9th and Lee in 8th, no? Doherty drops out of the top 32 also.

• Advertisement

I'm very confused by the projected rankings. I see Mark in 9th and Lee in 8th, no? Doherty drops out of the top 32 also.

Those are the current provisional rankings if the season was to end now, they are updated after each event, however the last ranking cut off point just after the Welsh still remains intact with Doherty in 32 place.

The offical provisional world ranking list is here!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056569077

Advertisement