Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Am i mad to buy a....

Options
2»

Comments

RXMPS wrote: »
    It's 2.5% actually.

Your probably quoting the 2011 car, with all your wisdom.

How is 8.9 seconds 2.5% slower than 8.0 seconds?
    Your drive a knock off Rover 75 so I don't have to do anything to make you look silly.

:)

You see, that's why you asked what we drove so you could come back with a statement like that :cool: Clever Boy :P

• Site Banned Posts: 76 ✭✭RXMPS

Grow up a bit or don't bother posting in motors anymore

What about James huh?

Different rules?

He can say whatever he wants.

• Site Banned Posts: 76 ✭✭RXMPS

RoverJames wrote: »
    How is 8.9 seconds 2.5% slower than 8.0 seconds?

You see, that's why you asked what we drove so you could come back with a statement like that :cool: Clever Boy :P

It's 8.2 for the 2006 car.

Is Autotrader gospel or something.

You shouldn't call something a snoremobile when you drive one yourself.

It's 8.2 for the 2006 car.

Is Autotrader gospel or something.

..... it's 8.3 for the higher powered VTi models :)
    140bhp 1.8 2006 late model Civics are not 8.3 to 60 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

What about James huh?

Different rules?

He can say whatever he wants.

No time for trolls.Banned for a week, next time it's permanent

• Advertisement

You shouldn't call something a snoremobile when you drive one yourself.

..did I say a ZT wasn't a snoremobile?
    Did I ask was I mad to buy and drive one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

..did I say a ZT wasn't a snoremobile?
    Did I ask was I mad to buy and drive one :P

He's gone now, he won't be responding.Back on topic please :)

...............Back on topic please :)

Op, you're not mad to buy one, I wouldn't imagine they are high risk to be robbed and the insurance won't be bad on them.

They are decent in fairness :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

OP - the 1.8 SOHC Civic, puts out a respectible amount of power (138BHP) 140PS and a decent amount of torque.

No, it's not a pocket rocket, but it's no slouch either. The 1.8 seems to have the perfect balance of the car down (compared to say the 2.2 diesel of 1.4 petrol). It's moderately efficient and generally reliable although the earlier civic did have some TSBs, etc, the petrol remains relatively solid. Also, it's a chain-cam so there's no timing belt to worry about and it pretty simple to maintain and service.

If you can get youself a well spec'd verison (e.g. EX or Type-S in 3 door) and you'll get a range of useful toys, like cruise, etc.

jayok wrote: »
    OP - the 1.8 SOHC Civic, puts out a respectible amount of power (138BHP) 140PS and a decent amount of torque............

:cool:

They're not DOHC so ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

:cool:
    They're not DOHC so ?

Nope the R18A is a SOHC, the DOHC was saved for the K20Z4 (me thinks) - Type R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

OP, based on my arguments above, I probably appear like I've been negative about the car. They are a lovely car, and theres nothing wrong with them at all. A little bit dull for me, but to have someone try to argue that they are anything but a normal car performance wise...well that's just gonna get my back up.

A sensible purchase, if you can afford it, go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

The wife has a Type S Civic 1.8l and they are a nice car to drive, albeit the suspension is quite firm. I think it is noticeably quicker than any of my last cars of similar engine size, but it is no rocket. It's probably a bit lighter and has a few extra bhp, but a performance car it is not. As a previous poster mentioned, it is a good compromise between economy and driving experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 wes31

here is every thing about the R18A engine

http://asia.vtec.net/Engines/R18A/index.html

Advertisement