Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs with beamish

Options
  • 19-02-2012 12:02am
    Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭

Specifically in Dublin, Cavan or Maynooth? None in the later two as far as I know.

Add the price also please!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

€3.50 in Magowan's in Harold's Cross.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

3.50 a pint in The Ardlea Inn in Artane.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

The Leonard's Corner and the Headline had Beamish, certainly in the last 3 months on my last visits to both.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Guinness is the only draught stout available in Maynooth. The Roost do pint bottles as well though.

Otherwise, the Mill Wine Cellar does Marston Oyster Stout, Trouble Brewing Dark Arts and St.Peter's Stout (the odd time).

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Off your beaten track but in a pub in Mullingar today Beamish was €2.50 a pint. I asked was this a special and they said thats the price all day every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I presume you want Beamish because you're off the drink for Lent? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Slaphead07 wrote: »

Or maybe he wants something else to drink other than Guinness that he might enjoy a little more.

I hear Beamish completely destroys your sense of humour. Has anybody seen any evidence if this? Recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Lapsed Catholic

I hear Beamish completely destroys your sense of humour. Has anybody seen any evidence if this? Recently?

No, now F*"k off. :mad:

QED.

• Advertisement

Possibly. How many pints have you had?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Tried to give Beamish a go a while back but found it impossible.

BeerNut wrote: »
    Possibly. How many pints have you had?

None, but I'm guessing the Beamish isn't to blame around here anyway. A simple joke gets abuse? Yis should really lighten up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

On a serious note, Beamish is my favourite of the mainstream stouts. I am from Cork though!

A simple joke gets abuse? Yis should really lighten up a bit.
    If you try and make them funny, that'll help lighten the mood.

But really, making fun of what other people choose to drink is neither big nor clever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

BeerNut wrote: »
    A simple joke gets abuse? Yis should really lighten up a bit.
    If you try and make them funny, that'll help lighten the mood.

But really, making fun of what other people choose to drink is neither big nor clever.

Especially when, compared to other main stream beers, it's pretty fecking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

time lord wrote: »
    Off your beaten track but in a pub in Mullingar today Beamish was €2.50 a pint. I asked was this a special and they said thats the price all day every day.

Which bar is that?

None, but I'm guessing the Beamish isn't to blame around here anyway. A simple joke gets abuse? Yis should really lighten up a bit.

I got the joke, I thought my reply was humorous. I won't give up the day job.

Beamish is the best of the macro stouts and excellent value at €3.60 in my local. Concepts like cost = value belong in the Celtic Tiger era.

I got the joke, I thought my reply was humorous. I won't give up the day job.

Smilies help! :D (at least I thought mine would have :confused:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Just order a pint of Guinness and while it's settling ask them to add some toilet water and a drop of blackcurrant. Hey presto, there's your Beamish, sir!

• Advertisement

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Just order a pint of Guinness and while it's settling ask them to add some toilet water and a drop of blackcurrant. Hey presto, there's your Beamish, sir!

ROFL!!! And I thought that Frank Carson was dead, silly me.

Tell me oh tasteful one, what do you normally drink and what do you think your choice of drink says about you.

The nectar of the GODS, Biere D'Or in the medicine bottles.

Only joking, I'm an alcoholic, I'd drink mostly any oul pish.

That said I wouldn't touch Beamish...

A snob is someone who believes that some people are inherently inferior to him or her for any one of a variety of reasons, including real or supposed intellect, wealth, education, ancestry, taste, beauty, nationality, etcetera

A cognitive bias is a pattern of deviation in judgment that occurs in particular situations, leading to perceptual distortion, inaccurate judgment, illogical interpretation, or what is broadly called irrationality.[

just for the record I have nothing against Beamish at all, and certainly not its drinkers. My first comment was meant as a joke and nothing more.

I do not want to be lumped in with later comments slagging off Beamish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

3.55 in The Long Mile Inn Bar.Gorgeous.

I have nothing against Beamish drinkers either, just that it's not to my personal taste. To be honest, to me, it tastes exactly as I described, slightly sweeter Guinness of questionable quality.

This is opinion, I may appear to offer it in jest, but my opinion it remains.

Jayz this thread is a bit like going into the Man U thread and saying Cantona was shít. Which is a fitting analogy because Beamish is not the Man United of stouts. It is the Everton. And while some may try to tell you that Everton are better than Man United, and god bless them their entitled to their opinion, the dogs in the street know this is simply not true.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Jayz this thread is a bit like going into the Man U thread and saying Cantona was shít. Which is a fitting analogy because Beamish is not the Man United of stouts. It is the Everton. And while some may try to tell you that Everton are better than Man United, and god bless them their entitled to their opinion, the dogs in the street know this is simply not true.

If you're comparing stouts to football teams, Beamish and Guinness are more like Bray Wanderers and Bohemians.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I have nothing against Beamish drinkers either, just that it's not to my personal taste. To be honest, to me, it tastes exactly as I described, slightly sweeter Guinness of questionable quality.

This is opinion, I may appear to offer it in jest, but my opinion it remains.

LOL

You are far funnier when you post in earnest!

Bless him. He actually believes that Guinness is a "premium" product of superior quality to any other mass produced industrial stout or porter.
    The power of marketing will never cease to amaze me!

What does it matter what someone drinks? Why try and explain where a drink sits in the bullsh1t league by comparing it to a football team. Any l*nger can follow Man Utd and their seemingly endless supply of trophies, it takes a l*nger with character and a sense of loyalty to follow Bohs.
    I drink Beamish because I like it, until a better stout becomes available in everyday supply then it will be my macro drink of choice. I also drive a 10yr old banger because I like it, and because I'm old enough to not give a f*ck what people think of me especially when they judge me on my choice of drink or car. There is as much snobbishness and insecure wannabes in the beer world as there is in wine.

• Advertisement

LOL

You are far funnier when you post in earnest!

Bless him. He actually believes that Guinness is a "premium" product of superior quality to any other mass produced industrial stout or porter.
    The power of marketing will never cease to amaze me!

On point 1, thank you sir, I do try.

On point 2, I do like Guinness, I think it tastes great. Can't stomach more than about 5 or 6 before I have to move on to a wee small drink but that's me. I've tried Beamish, don't like it. On occasions I've chose to drink it when it was €3.20 in our local as I'd get 3 out of a tenner, but if both were the same price, I would never choose it. I do like the Porterhouse's stout, but I suppose that can't be compared to the large scale operations.

As fantastic and famous as Guinness advertising is and has been over the last 100 years or more, it is not the sole reason that nobody outside Cork drinks Beamish and Guinness is a worldwide brand of great repute.

People buy what they prefer. In life, as in stout, the cream always rises.

Advertisement