Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best compliment you have ever received?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

You could have done a better job than Margaret Thatcher

not a glaringly difficult thing to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

amacachi wrote: »
    I've yet to meet a girl who said she was told she wasn't great at blowjobs but have met plenty who were told they were deadly. Obviously most are above average. :pac:
    Obviously that's what it is :pac:
    Earlier from himself I got: you're lucky you're so beautiful
    An insult and compliment at the same time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Obviously that's what it is :pac:
    Earlier from himself I got: you're lucky you're so beautiful
    An insult and compliment at the same time

I haven't had the misfortune yet but I know more than one mate was told that their partner was excellent at it, the reaction afterwards (well, a few days later) was "Meh". Obviously I'd say they didn't take action to correct their error. :pac:

Sounds like you've found a keeper anyway. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Someone told me they liked my jumper once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

That i look like.. I think it was jack efron they said, probably say it to everyone and they clearly had him on the brain.. Still.. BCIER (best compliment that i've ever received)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

girl, pretty good looking one at that being visibily taken aback by my looks ''you're so good looking'' tbh i'd consider myself average but leaning on the side of good looking but the way this girl said it was like i was freakin David Beckham

meant a lot since i had real low confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

"I'm surprised at you"

Said to me by a very angry psychiatric nurse after I'd written all over the walls of a padded cell.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

DISCLAIMER: I'm slightly drunk.

There wasn't one specific compliment, but I felt like tonight overall was a little compliment for me.
    It was the first time I was out in a pub since I ended a long-term relationship recently.

I certainly wasn't looking for anything, it's too soon for that, but I was just looking to have a nice night.

However, I still chatted to a few girls without putting any moves on, and it was just nice that I could make some conversation with them easily, and that they wanted to chat to me. It's a small everyday thing, and I wasn't really worried about things like that, but it felt nice all the same.
    I felt a little interest from some parties on the dancefloor too, in a more overtly sexytime fashion, though probably no more than the average Joe would get, and it's not like they were throwing themselves on me (they were actually falling because they were drunk).

I haven't been feeling too low or lonely or anything, but it was still nice to get a little boost like that after a tough time, and I had a lovely night overall.

It was also nice to remind myself that there are loads of gorgeous, smart, interesting Irish girls out there. Any time you read someone saying foreign girls are all better-looking and Irish girls are all full of themselves, ignore it!

This probably sounds like gibberish and wildly off-topic, but I'm a bit drunk; don't expect too much from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spacecookie555

People always ask if they can motorboat my boobs cause it looks like so much fun... I take it as a compliment cause I gots nice boobies :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

My 3 year old nephew said to his friend he is my favourite uncle, as in me, I was chuffed even if I think he is a little bollox with discipline problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I once told a person in the most complimentary way possible that he looked like Steve Buscemi. He had no need to hit me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Your a fooking ride. Be a good lad and tear the hind legs of me.

Advertisement