Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi in Trim

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Panrich

chewed wrote: »
    Looking forward to this being open, but as I mentioned before on this thread, I'm still concerned about the traffic coming to/from the supermarket onto Watergate St. I can see a lot of congestion here. Will this be the only access road?

As well as the Supermarket, there is a public car park, OPW, playground and bottle bank, all sharing the 1 road with Aldi!

They should be banning right turns anyway or else there'll be chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

chewed wrote: »
    Looking forward to this being open, but as I mentioned before on this thread, I'm still concerned about the traffic coming to/from the supermarket onto Watergate St. I can see a lot of congestion here. Will this be the only access road?

As well as the Supermarket, there is a public car park, OPW, playground and bottle bank, all sharing the 1 road with Aldi!

I'm looking forward to this supermarket opening too, I don't think it will be that congested at that junction. SuperValu in Dunshaughlin is located on a similar road layout, where the supermarket is on a cul de sac and that road is also the entrance to a housing estate. I think the T junction onto the main street in Dunshaughlin is a more difficult junction to turn right on and there's not too much congestion at that junction, however it can be very congested at busy times of the year i.e. Christmas etc. On the plus side over Dunshaughlin, Trim will have three supermarkets to choose from...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Only finally got to tip in last night. It's amazing how the width of the aisles, a higher ceiling and a bit of wood trim on the signs can do to give a warmer ambiance (Comparing to Lidl here). It was ten to nine last night so it was only a quick nosey as I was passing. Really I'm just glad of the extra choice.

Obviously there was no traffic at that time of evening but can anyone report on how congested it actually got from last Thursday?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Obviously there was no traffic at that time of evening but can anyone report on how congested it actually got from last Thursday?
    I was in there on Thursday and there wasn't anything exceptional about the traffic. Obviously a few extra cars coming over the bridge and down from Market Street but no traffic jams. Having said that, I think one of those mini painted roundabouts at the junction (Watergate St & Aldi) might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

I popped in on Saturday for a look and I may have to eat my words about the traffic! The car park was jammed pack, but the traffic was fine getting in and out. I did notice that there looks like there's going to be another road built to the left of the building onto Watergate St. I wonder will this be for cars or deliveries?

I have to say the shop is very nicely laid out and very spacious, compared to the Navan Aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Here's a few photos I took a the 18th Nov 2017 of the new Aldi store in Trim.
    Photos taken from Watergate Bridge.

37764809445_eac5a584eb_b.jpg

24779946348_3cb07499aa_b.jpg

Advertisement