Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chisora slapped Vitali at the weigh-in

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

He hasn't fought anyone of note in the division? Well i'm sorry but if that's the case then until Wladimir fought Haye he didn't fight anyone of note in the HW division for a long while too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

He hasn't fought anyone of note in the division? Well i'm sorry but if that's the case then until Wladimir fought Haye he didn't fight anyone of note in the HW division for a long while too.

Your hate for the brothers is blinding you, Haye fought no one ranked, this is a fact-it's hard to take you serious when your just skipping facts and making out Haye has done anything of note at heavy, you can't even say he fought Wlad as he just ran away

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,597 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Whatever about Wlad and Vit, Haye is just a joke. Haye has no claim to be called a threat or elite HW. All talk, and no action. Let's see him do it in the ring.Beating Valuev and Ruiz and getting well beaten by Wlad says little to me.

If Haye fights and beats Vit I will applaud and praise him.

Hate for the brothers? If the Klitschko put up an entertaining match I would like that match, i'd give them praise.

But IMO Wladimir's Heavyweight resume in the last couple of years is no more spectacular than Haye's. Sam Peter? Tony Thompson? Ray Austin? A Hasim Rahman 6-7 years past his best? I'm sorry but this doesn't exactly dance on top of Haye's heavyweight record.

Jean-Marc Mormeck next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Who would you have had the brothers fight during that timeframe?

Wlad and Vitali fight anyone that steps up, the likes of Valuev and Povetkin decided to turn down fights with either brother.

Their reign mightn't look amazing on paper but they beat what was put in front of them as opposed to Haye who skipped the contenders and jumped straight into the money fight.

If you were defending Haye, as a boxer in general I could see where you're coming from, as his cruiserweight reign was impressive, and it might balance things out a bit.

But as a heavyweight alone, Haye has been poor...

• Advertisement

Well he did talk his way into the title a good bit. But he did beat Valuev for the title. But in all fairness he only fought Monte Barrett at Heavyweight and got the title shot then. I think his cruiserweight legacy helped him greatly.

IMO if you put him in the ring with Adamek, he would have won by KO. Haye is not from the same cloth as the opponents the Klitschkos have faced. The guys we have never heard of but have 32-0 records.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

The guys we have never heard of but have 32-0 records.

You've never heard of them because there eastern europeans and not on tele over here ever. its that simple, David haye was on sky news every day and soccer am loads of times, had his own program too and this is why he is known, most people who know him would never of seen him box at cruiserweight and only seen him v Barret which was awful and then Wlad which he chose not to fight.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

John Ruiz anyone? Sure he's piss poor but he was ranked , a former champ and Haye did a number on him too.

I actually think that when Haye comes to fight he can be decent. He has good hand speed and he can actually bang a bit. I'd back him to beat most of the other ranked fighters out there if he threw punches instead of doing laps of the ring. Ya he's a cocky twat but he's hardly the first of that type.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Daroxtar wrote: »
    I actually think that when Haye comes to fight he can be decent. He has good hand speed and he can actually bang a bit. I'd back him to beat most of the other ranked fighters out there if he threw punches instead of doing laps of the ring.

I think you're right.

Physically he could be a very capable heavyweight indeed. Quick for big man, good on his feet and although never proven at heavy he had decent power as a cruiserweight. All of the things that make people question him as a fighter are all mental imo. The fights he chooses, the way he fights, the way he promotes himself, his delusions of grandeur etc. Personally i don't think he cares about the fight game at all. Which is a shame because he's only 31 and he's taken very little punishment as a pro. He could justify his position in the division very easily for me but alas he doesn't want to. The money is all he's after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

walshb wrote: »
    Whatever about Wlad and Vit, Haye is just a joke. Haye has no claim to be called a threat or elite HW. All talk, and no action. Let's see him do it in the ring.Beating Valuev and Ruiz and getting well beaten by Wlad says little to me.

If Haye fights and beats Vit I will applaud and praise him.

ya could and ya couldn b.
    i agree vit won against 'del boy', but he did look like age was catching up to me. So maybe thats on haye's side. On the other hand, against chisora, maybe he didnt need that second gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Dusty87 wrote: »
    ya could and ya couldn b.
    i agree vit won against 'del boy', but he did look like age was catching up to me. So maybe thats on haye's side. On the other hand, against chisora, maybe he didnt need that second gear.

He apparently hurt his shoulder in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Advertisement