Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Ireland slightly depressed?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PHIDIAS

I think Jan & Feb are depressing no matter where you live, and being force fed bad news every day either on tv, newspapers or internet sometimes you just need a breather. So no its not just in Ireland its everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

depression is not being able to get out of the bed and having no energy to function. I think you mean"the blues"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

yes. move. rest of the world any direction you point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Failed to notice, is there a drop in form? Maybe he doesn't like Birmingham.. Sure I'd be depressed with a head like that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

depression is not being able to get out of the bed and having no energy to function. I think you mean"the blues"
    +1000. Too many use the D word. Too many self diagnose. It devalues the word and the illness and those who actually suffer from it. Maybe a new word is required? Whingeitis. Inflammation of the ego, resulting in high pitched whine, with no obvious cause.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Enda Kenny is our leader so yes we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

44leto wrote: »
    Yeah Ireland is depressed, it all seems hopeless and we know we haven't seen the bottom yet we all believe it will get worse.

So i propose the government legalise drugs and put prozac in the water.

It wouldn't get past the lime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

I get the feeling that the general population, especially around where I live (Waterford) is slightly depressed. Perhaps it's because it's winter? Perhaps it's because X Factor's finished? Or perhaps it's because petrol prices have got crazy? Or maybe it's because Whitney died?

Any suggestions?!!!

almost everyone is a lil depressed cos we are broke while the people responsable for fcuking up the country all get fat pensions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

I think Ireland has been depressed in some way for years...YEARS!

Going out and getting pissed at every opportunity are not the actions of happy people. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

Maybe some group therapy with Greece, Spain and Portugal might help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

Time of the year i would say it will pick up a bit in April . I live in Waterford and not a bit depressed, there are lot worse places you could be :D . In saying that was out last Saturday night and Harveys nightclub was a very depressing spot .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Maybe some group therapy with Greece, Spain and Portugal might help.

dont forget italy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

I didn't notice we were all a bit depressed until I spent 4 weeks in Australia last November. It was like stepping back in time to Ireland 5 years ago - there was a real sense of optimism and just general levity in the air. Obviously not for everyone (just like not everyone here is depressed) but there was a palpable difference. And it wasn't just the weather, although no doubt that helps.

Really opened my eyes to how dark the mood is here at the moment.

I wanna go back there...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I love Ireland but I'm glad I'm not living there right now tbh. Know too many people out of work. I really miss Guinness though, and the sea and countryside, sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I love Ireland but I'm glad I'm not living there right now tbh. Know too many people out of work. I really miss Guinness though, and the sea and countryside, sigh.

What are the pawns like in the former colonies?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

The what? I'm only across the Irish sea but haven't been home in nearly a year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Not sure about the Pawns but the Prawns are top notch.

Advertisement