Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Roof racks on German estate cars.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I think Vectra is the only one that understands me here. I actually think the racks actually look nice..

You aren't alone. I appreciate a nice rack...............

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

R.O.R wrote: »
    You aren't alone. I appreciate a nice rack...............

I agree especially on a German wagon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Mr.David wrote: »
    Along the same lines, its really surprising to note that roof boxes (with the typical wedge shape at one end and square at the other) are fitted the wrong way around (from a drag perspective).

Putting the bluff/upright end at the front of the car and the wedge shaped tapered end at the rear would actually reduce the drag. Having said that I would follow manufacturers instructions as they are not designed to be fitted this way but still, its ridiculous. The reason? Because roof box manufacturers believe that people will instinctively think it looks wrong and not buy their product (quite possibly true!).

Are you trying to say that it's the wrong way of installing it, as if it was opposite, the drag would be lower?
    :eek:

roof_box_006.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Personally I think that BMW/AUDI estates look mint when they have roof racks on. It just adds to their image in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

CiniO wrote: »
    Are you trying to say that it's the wrong way of installing it, as if it was opposite, the drag would be lower?
    :eek:

roof_box_006.jpg

Yup, that's what he's saying, and there was a study done to prove it too a while back, I remember reading it at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Yup, that's what he's saying, and there was a study done to prove it too a while back, I remember reading it at the time.

I would love to see this study ;)

Anyone's got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Advertisement