Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offical HP Touchpad case for £5 - delivered!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

podge3 wrote: »
    I don't think so. Both "return to sender" and "goods delivered" show on the same day.

Are you at the delivery address?
    Are you sure it wasn't delivered?

OP here.
    Mine went from 'return to sender' to delivered the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Mines been shipped this morning, not holding out much hope but I'll be optimistic! :)

Same here, cheers OP. :)/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭podge3

frash wrote: »
    Are you at the delivery address?
    Are you sure it wasn't delivered?

OP here.
    Mine went from 'return to sender' to delivered the next day.
    Defo wasn't delivered.

Was your delivered by An Post?

Defo wasn't delivered.

Was your delivered by An Post?

No mine was delivered by Target.
    It started off with City-Link from UK (mainland) to the North.

Is Northern Monkey the only one who got one delivered??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Just got email

"We confirm that your order 1223-2299900-001 has been cancelled, because the order has been returned to our warehouse following three unsuccessful attempts at delivery. Please accept our apologies that we were not on this occasion able to meet your requirements satisfactorily.

Any payment already made by you for this order will be credited to your account or to your credit or debit card."

Is this the same mail that everyone is getting?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

iggy wrote: »
    Just got email

"We confirm that your order 1223-2299900-001 has been cancelled, because the order has been returned to our warehouse following three unsuccessful attempts at delivery. Please accept our apologies that we were not on this occasion able to meet your requirements satisfactorily.

Any payment already made by you for this order will be credited to your account or to your credit or debit card."

Is this the same mail that everyone is getting?

Haven't gotten that yet, but its not looking great! Ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

We confirm that your order 001 has been cancelled, because the order has been returned to our warehouse following three unsuccessful attempts at delivery. Please accept our apologies that we were not on this occasion able to meet your requirements satisfactorily.

Any payment already made by you for this order will be credited to your account or to your credit or debit card.

To good to be true :(

If you have any further queries relating to this order, please contact our customer service group on 084.560.429.21 between 9 a.m. and 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday (free call charge applies), or email us at
    The HP Store is continually available for your computing needs, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

mine is now saying expected delivery 22nd Feb. Fingers crossed!

No mine was delivered by Target.
    It started off with City-Link from UK (mainland) to the North.

Is Northern Monkey the only one who got one delivered??
    So the Postal Service in Northern Ireland re-ship stuff with the BT1 1AA postcode using a courier :eek:

So the Postal Service in Northern Ireland re-ship stuff with the BT1 1AA postcode using a courier :eek:

It's City-Link that HP use not the Royal Mail

• Advertisement

It's City-Link that HP use not the Royal Mail
    Ok - maybe I got this wrong but I understood that this BT1 1 AA postcode thing works by the Royal Mail redirecting stuff to Dublin if that postcode is used with an Irish address.

No idea how it works in this case as a courier was used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭lau1247

it probably depends on how the address is read??

Seeing as some managed to get through.. finger cross, mine just says arrived at depot..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Ok - maybe I got this wrong but I understood that this BT1 1 AA postcode thing works by the Royal Mail redirecting stuff to Dublin if that postcode is used with an Irish address.

No idea how it works in this case as a courier was used.

That post code is just belfast i thought.

That post code is just belfast i thought.

It is.

I just used it to get the case into the island of Ireland.
    A parcel sorter in Belfast is more likely to realise my address is really in Dublin than a parcel sorter somewhere else.

Hopefully it'll work for a few more people...

It is.

I just used it to get the case into the island of Ireland.
    A parcel sorter in Belfast is more likely to realise my address is really in Dublin than a parcel sorter somewhere else.

Hopefully it'll work for a few more people...

Aye, here's hoping! Still no mail to say anything otherwise, so i'm still hopeful.

I'd say the influx of people trying this had an effect too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Mine says delivered too:
    Tracking History
    13:59 Monday, February 20, 2012 On route to delivery depot
    08:36 Tuesday, February 21, 2012 Arrived at Delivery Depot
    15:22 Tuesday, February 21, 2012 Goods Delivered

It certainly wasn't delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

all i need is the Tp to go along with it noW!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭lau1247

TheZohan wrote: »
    Mine says delivered too:

It certainly wasn't delivered.

Mine too..

Zohan does your estate/area name happen to exist up in the north??

Like say "XX The Green".. I think is what happens to mine.. Which probably got sent to someone else :(

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I've had mine cancelled and an email from paypal saying HP have made a refund :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

lau1247 wrote: »
    Mine too..

Zohan does your estate/area name happen to exist up in the north??

Like say "XX The Green".. I think is what happens to mine.. Which probably got sent to someone else :(

No, there is no other place like it in Irelan.

It's been updated:
    Tracking History
    16:09 Tuesday, February 21, 2012 On route to delivery depot

Might be going back...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I think the whole lot might be going back. In the mail from HP, they included a link to the City Link website with a job number in the link. If I take that job number and use it to search in the Track Your Parcel field on this page it gives me the information:
    Current Status
    In Our Network
    This consignment is now being delivered on consignment number CG742428. Please re-track using consignment number CG742428.

If I use CG742428 to track the parcel, it gives me the booking information:

Customer Reference:20-NCWXP-11
    Postcode:MK10 0BL
    Delivery Depot:Milton Keynes
    Number of Items:26

So, it looks like my case is on it's way to Milton Keynes, with 26 other items. How many of our cases make up those 26 items? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

this what mine says!

Consignment CG741800
    Planned Delivery Date
    Wednesday 22nd February

Planned Delivery Time
    Between 07:30 and 17:30

Booking Information
    Customer Reference:20-NCTY6-11
    Number of Items:47

so not the same consignment but it does look like its on its way back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Scheduled Delivery Date: 23/02/12 :)

stevenf17 wrote: »
    this what mine says!

Consignment CG741800
    Planned Delivery Date
    Wednesday 22nd February

Planned Delivery Time
    Between 07:30 and 17:30

Booking Information
    Number of Items:47

so not the same consignment but it does look like its on its way back :(

Mines the same! Dang it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Yeah mine has been sent back too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Bozacke

Mine also indicated delivered, although it wasn't, but now when I track the package using the consignment number as opposed to the original link HP provided, it gives a new consignment number and when I track that it indicates 26 pieces en-route to Milton Keynes, which is probably the nearest CityLink site to the HP location where the goods were originally shipped from. So it's probably 26 boardsies TP cases that are being returned, I don't really care at this point as long as they refund me. I suppose the NI postal code trick only works when the goods are shipped via the post, maybe CityLink let the first few through, but got fed up due to the volume and shipped them all back to HP.

Bozacke wrote: »
    Mine also indicated delivered, although it wasn't, but now when I track the package using the consignment number as opposed to the original link HP provided, it gives a new consignment number and when I track that it indicates 26 pieces en-route to Milton Keynes, which is probably the nearest CityLink site to the HP location where the goods were originally shipped from. So it's probably 26 boardsies TP cases that are being returned, I don't really care at this point as long as they refund me. I suppose the NI postal code trick only works when the goods are shipped via the post, maybe CityLink let the first few through, but got fed up due to the volume and shipped them all back to HP.

OP here.

Sorry all that it didn't work out.

As said above I'd say they let mine though (and my mates one) because they looked on us as chancers but then when the other 30+ arrived they said "feck this".

Did anyone manage to get one?
    Northern Monkey did I think and the bloke with the brother in Wales and maybe the guy with the sister in England.
    Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Current Status
    Delivered

Signed for by 'MARTIN' at 08:22 on Wednesday 22nd February.

Booking Information
    Number of Items:48

Damn you Martin!!! *shakes fist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Same for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

OP here.

Sorry all that it didn't work out.

As said above I'd say they let mine though (and my mates one) because they looked on us as chancers but then when the other 30+ arrived they said "feck this".

Did anyone manage to get one?
    Northern Monkey did I think and the bloke with the brother in Wales and maybe the guy with the sister in England.
    Anyone else?

Ah no bother, thanks for posting the alert, at least a few got it!

Advertisement