Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever Been Arrested?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Aye. 3 times.

As for your court appearance: DO NOT turn up to the court without a solicitor. And have enough money on you (bring a few hundred) to make a donation to the poor box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Got arrested last night with a mate of mine, first time both of us have been arrested..coming from Templebar and a group of 8 or 9 lads were slagging off the girls we were with, had a bit of a row but the girls got us to walk away. The lads followed us up the street, continued to slag the two of us and the two girls and we ended up scrapping with four of the lads. 2 guards quickly intervened and 1 of them got a dig. The guards got us on the ground and handcuffed us, the one that got a box was furious, he was walking me over to the car and said in my ear "Wait til wer back at the ****ing station I'm goin to ****in kill ya" ... he sat in the back of the car with me and my mate, we explained how it all kicked off and I told him I was sorry he got a box, I would never intentionally hit a guard, etc. They said they could understand where we were coming from and that he knew I didn't mean to hit him, spent an hour in the cell and they let us go then, gave the two of us adult cautions and told us to stay out of trouble.

Very stupid situation in the first place but it happens with drink, could have been a lot worse but we got off very lightly all things considered. As far as being arrested goes I'd say it was a great experience, guards were very understanding and we were in "The Ritz Carlton of Garda stations" as they put it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Got arrested last night with a mate of mine, first time both of us have been arrested..coming from Templebar and a group of 8 or 9 lads were slagging off the girls we were with, had a bit of a row but the girls got us to walk away. The lads followed us up the street, continued to slag the two of us and the two girls and we ended up scrapping with four of the lads. 2 guards quickly intervened and 1 of them got a dig. The guards got us on the ground and handcuffed us, the one that got a box was furious, he was walking me over to the car and said in my ear "Wait til wer back at the ****ing station I'm goin to ****in kill ya" ... he sat in the back of the car with me and my mate, we explained how it all kicked off and I told him I was sorry he got a box, I would never intentionally hit a guard, etc. They said they could understand where we were coming from and that he knew I didn't mean to hit him, spent an hour in the cell and they let us go then, gave the two of us adult cautions and told us to stay out of trouble.

Very stupid situation in the first place but it happens with drink, could have been a lot worse but we got off very lightly all things considered. As far as being arrested goes I'd say it was a great experience, guards were very understanding and we were in "The Ritz Carlton of Garda stations" as they put it :pac:

You're pretty lucky.

I wouldn't like to be explaining to a judge (against the word of a Gard) that you boxed him by mistake. That could have ended up very badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

As a teenager :( but I hope and pray I'm older and less retarted now.
    Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Got brought home by the Guards one night.

A mate of mine was on duty and spotted me going into the local 24-hour garage to get a bag of super noodles, and gave me a lift home in the squad car.

Just as well, I was fncking leathered and it was a 20 minute walk home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

My oul fella had me "arrested" when I was 10 for stealing sweets from the local spar just to teach me a lesson, was interrogated and spent 2 hours in a cell. Traumatising to say the least.

stovelid wrote: »
    You're pretty lucky.

I wouldn't like to be explaining to a judge (against the word of a Gard) that you boxed him by mistake. That could have ended up very badly.

Absolutely, after it happened he said something like "You punched a guard in the face, what do you think the judge is going to say?" ...thought I was well and truly fucked at that point but I was lucky this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

mikom wrote: »
    How did both work out for you mikemac1?

Twas grand
    I was caught, so be it.

Just be straight with the judge over the TV licence and show up with your new one.

Judges don't like messing or long stories. He must have processed forty or so people under an hour, looked very efficent to me.

Like a factory assembly line, they call your name and you go to the top of the room, TV inspector gives a statement on x date I called to mikemacs kip of a flat, An Post solicitor says a few words, judge asks if you have anything to say, you say it, fine given, boom and out the door.

Two hundred euro fine the first time
    Three hundred euro find the second time

I learned my lesson :o

Judges also take things very personally. If you failed to show up to their court it's like a personal insult and a point of disrespect. Which I suppose it is.
    The fine will be doubled on the spot

In other cases they'd issue a warrant to arrest you. Bench warrant? Not sure of the legal term
    Always, always show up

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

PrettyBoy wrote: »

Seems like you came across a pretty sound Guard - lucky man. Did you think you were going to get a few slaps when he said what he did at first?

I hope the girls were impressed with your efortts:)

Conor84 wrote: »
    Seems like you came across a pretty sound Guard - lucky man. Did you think you were going to get a few slaps when he said what he did at first?

I hope the girls were impressed with your efortts:)

Wasn't sure what was going to happen when he said it, there were a good few people around as we were being arrested and the guard went right up to my ear and made sure no one else heard him say he was 'going to kill me'..he was absolutely furious at the time, when his colleague went to get into the back of the car with us he stopped him and insisted that he be the one to get in the back beside me..for a second I thought I was definitely going to get a few digs but the guards proved to be decent lads, by the time we pulled up to the station the 5 of us were laughing and joking about the whole thing :p

The girls waited for us, we were only in the station for an hour or so, the whole thing made for a funny night but we don't plan on doing it again any time soon :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement