Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massage Job Proposition - Cork - Opinions??

Options
  • 15-02-2012 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi, not sure if im putting this in the right area, Mods, please move if ive got it wrong.

Anyway, Im looking for work at the moment and i have been looking everywhere, literally, for any job. I came across a job on Gumtree for a guy saying that he's opening a massage business and he's looking for girls to work there; no experience required. So I thought id apply, i mean, what do i have to lose, the worst he can say is No.

So he emailed me back asking for a CV with a picture attached, which I thought was fair enough. Im sure if he's looking for a lot of males to use this massage place he's probably looking for somewhat pretty girls.

I replied with the picture and CV and all was going well, and he was replying saying he'd come to a hotel close to where i live for an interview. I was over the moon thinking I have a great chance.

then he sent me an email saying "during the massage if a customer asked you to give him extras what way would you feel about it". I said to him that id refuse as its illegal and i have morals, and that I know my rights as I finished college with a Law Diploma. Then he said "we dont expect the girls to do it, but in other places, girls do it".

Im not sure if he was chancing his arm to see what I was like or if i got the job would i eventually be pressured into doing these 'extras'.

Im getting mixed responses from friends, some saying dont even go for the interview, some saying go for the interview and see what he says and how much money he's offerin (it is a recession after all :p), and some saying to go ahead and just maintain your confidence and dont do anything you dont want to do.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Or even better, has anyone else replied to this guy and got a similar response.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated :)

This is the ad I initially applied to:

we are currently seeking female staff for a new massage centre opening shortly in cork city centre.full and part time positions available.experience an advantage but not important.please reply with your cv and photo and details of any experience that you may have.all replies will be answered to.

These are the ads he now has up:

we are looking for full time and part time staff for a new massage center in the city,we offer body to body massages and deep tissue massages.please reply with cv and photo,no experience required.

AND

we are currently seeking staff for a new massage centre opening in cork,we offer naturist massage,holistic massage,thai massage,indian massage,full body massage, and slow hot sensual arousing massage on both men and women,experience an advantage but its not important,please reply with your photo and your cv.

(Take a look for yourself in the part time/evening/wknd work option on gumtree and please tell me what your opinions are)

Thank you :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

How much a go??

...srsly, I'd go with your gut on this one. If it wasn't expected of you, it wouldnt have been asked to gauge a reaction - you would have been directed not to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I think its fairly obvious what kind of job is on offer...

Up to you then whether you want to go for it or not, but don't be under any illusions as to what the job entails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Sorry but no experienced required offering full body massages then asking would you give a rug & tug if offered, AVOID!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Hi, not sure if im putting this in the right area, Mods, please move if ive got it wrong.

Anyway, Im looking for work at the moment and i have been looking everywhere, literally, for any job. I came across a job on Gumtree for a guy saying that he's opening a massage business and he's looking for girls to work there; no experience required. So I thought id apply, i mean, what do i have to lose, the worst he can say is No.

Thank you :)

I'd say he's legit. You should probably tone up for the meeting he has arranged at that hotel though. Here, have this

shakeweight.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

No experience nessessary? In order to be a massage therapist you NEED to know each muscle, position action insertion and origin, and have knowledge of lymphatic and circularitory systems... So #1 why it sounds dodgey.

#2 - this course takes 9 months and costs thousands to do. You will not be insured if you're not qualified.

#3 - having worked in a salon where I have been assaulted on one occasion by a man, I'd be weary of accepting a job that would be mostly male clientele.

#4 - men are stronger and generally have stronger/tighter muscles than women so really it should be about strength more than looks. Just because your working mostly with males shouldn't have anything to do with how you look, more how you massage. In fact, a "bigger/stronger" girl would probably a better massuese than a tiny girl, pretty face with no upper body strength.

The entire thing sounds very suspicious and to be honest you do not want to attract a clientele that's just based on looks, as it's not a holistic massage they're looking for. Trust me -I've found myself in a very scary position during a male massage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

That job proposition is crawling with sleeze. Ughh... And it's not as easy as "not doing what you're not comfortable with". I worked in a reputable salon, as a beauty therapist, and standing tall, at 5'2, alone in a room with a man over 6 ft and about 8 stone heavier than me, who caught my wrist with one hand and pleasured himself with his free hand --- it's not about "only doing what you're comfortable with". It's a dangerous situation to put yourself in.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

we are looking for full time and part time staff for a new massage center in the city,we offer body to body massages and deep tissue massages.please reply with cv and photo,no experience required.

AND

we are currently seeking staff for a new massage centre opening in cork,we offer naturist massage,holistic massage,thai massage,indian massage,full body massage, and slow hot sensual arousing massage on both men and women,experience an advantage but its not important,please reply with your photo and your cv.

:)

+1 to everything storminnateacup said a few posts up.

Seems pretty clear what they're looking for to me. I would say (speaking as a fully trained, qualified and insured massage therapist) avoid at all costs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

As this thread is discussing potentially illegal activity I'm going to have to lock it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement